Hello all, I'm a newbie here. I just tried to convert a video using HandBreak.
    The settings are adjusted as on "forums.crackberry.com/f83/i-ve-mastered-bold-conversion-196941/"

However, once I hit the START button, the message immediately said "Convert completed" or something like that and the result is always an 1KB unplayable file.

Can anybody help address my mistake?
    06-11-09 11:23 PM
    had the same issue the other day too. i dunno, could be because i'm on vista.

here's what i did:

1. get my settings all set up
    2. click on the "add to queue" button at the top
    3. a new window will open up - click on the "encode" button
    4. a dos-type window will open up and let you know the progress

hope this helps!
    06-12-09 02:49 AM
    All I can think of is that, unfortunately, Handbrake isn't able to convert DRM protected videos (protected apple .m4v files, some DVDs etc). Attempting to convert such files results in the outcome you described.

Which format is the file you are trying to convert?
    06-12-09 04:09 AM
    Or you were trying to convert with the same file name to the same location.
    06-12-09 06:11 AM
    I could be wrong, but I didn't think a new 1Kb file would be created if the file name and destination of the "converted" file replicated that of the original.
    06-12-09 06:52 AM
    I could be wrong, but I didn't think a new 1Kb file would be created if the file name and destination of the "converted" file replicated that of the original.
    Yep, it will. I found out the hard way. It about drove me crazy.
    06-12-09 08:00 AM
    I stand corrected. Fortunately I have not had to experience that particular problem myself.
    06-12-09 08:10 AM
    I stand corrected. Fortunately I have not had to experience that particular problem myself.
    Pretty easy to get around, just save it somewhere else, or call it "NameOfMovie BB".
    06-12-09 08:14 AM
    It's not quite so easy if the problem is related to DRM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 08:43 AM
    It's not quite so easy if the problem is related to DRM.

Nope, it's not. Handbrake can bypass a small percentage of DRM protected. Otherwise it will take another third party program to strip it.
    06-12-09 08:47 AM
    Nope, it's not. Handbrake can bypass a small percentage of DRM protected. Otherwise it will take another third party program to strip it.
    Apple protected .m4v files are the worst I've come across. Its somewhat galling that when you've purchased content, you can only play it on apple mobile devices (without falling foul of the DMCA or other applicable copyright statute).

06-12-09 09:16 AM
    Apple protected .m4v files are the worst I've come across. Its somewhat galling that when you've purchased content, you can only play it on apple mobile devices (without falling foul of the DMCA or other applicable copyright statute).

That's why I do not buy anything from iTunes.
    06-12-09 09:19 AM
    Did you use Ultimate BlackBerry Bold Video Converting Tutorial!?

It helped me quite a bit.

fly
    06-17-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD