I've been playing with this 9930 for a the past couple of hours and I'm left flabbergasted of any negative reviews of this thing.

This is the BEST BB I've ever held, PERIOD!

This sucker is like a iPhone and BB merged and it works great. I'm absolutely amazed. This is also the lightest and thinest device I've EVER held I might add..Yes folks, it's that lite and slim.

It even boots up fast, the touchscreen combined with the keyboard, flat out rocks. I use them in unisome. Teh HD is awesome and the pics are fine, but agree, it would be nice to have my image stablization on...Just like with a regular camera in low light, you need to use the flash, but outdoors, etc it's fine. A minor issue at best...Did I mention the HD video?

I've got a few of my most used apps already on - BerryWeather, Verizon Navigator, etc and so far, all is good. The phone booted up fast, I imported my information, slide in my media card and was up and running in minutes, literally. Wow!

I even hooked up to my home WiFi (awesome feature) and the pinching and zoom features are really, really cool and functional.

In all, this device has exceeded my expectations and is really effective with some nice "cool" functions that I wouldn't have ever expected on a BB device.

Good stuff RIMM - Thanks for getting these out there before the September rush. Now just kick in your marketing efforts and you may be on to something - both young and old, professional or otherwise.

I'm giving it a solid 9.5 and I really liked my 9630 which now feels like a brick.
    Last edited by Bold9930; 08-16-11 at 10:09 PM.
    lophreaque and chasvs like this.
    08-16-11 10:06 PM
    Congrats. Really solid phone. I am pleased too with it.

Cheers
    08-16-11 10:28 PM
    How is the battery on it so far ?
    08-16-11 10:29 PM
    I told my buddy same thing iphone and bb in one! Nothing better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 10:30 PM
    9780 is better on battery. From 7:00am till 11:00pm...it was down to 30%. I am a light to moderate user. It drains fast the first few hours then it slows down, thought I will be out by 7pm. Hope this helps... some people update their os to 296 and mentioned it is better. Mine is 261.
    08-16-11 10:40 PM
    Yea but no nfc.

08-16-11 10:43 PM
    9780 is better on battery. From 7:00am till 11:00pm...it was down to 30%. I am a light to moderate user. It drains fast the first few hours then it slows down, thought I will be out by 7pm. Hope this helps... some people update their os to 296 and mentioned it is better. Mine is 261.
    My os says 7.0, bundle 1341

My battery seems to be doing fine. I was using it a bunch this afternoon and it went down to around 60%, but it wasn't fully charged...Seems ok for the most from what I can gather.
    08-16-11 10:47 PM
    Yea but no nfc.

YET!

Everyone that holds my phone can't believe how lite and slim it is.
    08-16-11 10:49 PM
    BTW Folks, open documents to go and you'll see a boatload of PDF's loaded - safetly_product_info.pdf and like every language known to man. they are 1-2MB's each and there's like 50 of em. I'm delete them now.
    mjizzle likes this.
    08-16-11 10:54 PM
    I've been playing with this 9930 for a the past couple of hours and I'm left flabbergasted of any negative reviews of this thing.

This is the BEST BB I've ever held, PERIOD!

This sucker is like a iPhone and BB merged and it works great. I'm absolutely amazed. This is also the lightest and thinest device I've EVER held I might add..Yes folks, it's that lite and slim.

It even boots up fast, the touchscreen combined with the keyboard, flat out rocks. I use them in unisome. Teh HD is awesome and the pics are fine, but agree, it would be nice to have my image stablization on...Just like with a regular camera in low light, you need to use the flash, but outdoors, etc it's fine. A minor issue at best...Did I mention the HD video?

I've got a few of my most used apps already on - BerryWeather, Verizon Navigator, etc and so far, all is good. The phone booted up fast, I imported my information, slide in my media card and was up and running in minutes, literally. Wow!

I even hooked up to my home WiFi (awesome feature) and the pinching and zoom features are really, really cool and functional.

In all, this device has exceeded my expectations and is really effective with some nice "cool" functions that I wouldn't have ever expected on a BB device.

Good stuff RIMM - Thanks for getting these out there before the September rush. Now just kick in your marketing efforts and you may be on to something - both young and old, professional or otherwise.

I'm giving it a solid 9.5 and I really liked my 9630 which now feels like a brick.
    I TOTALLY agree as I updated from my trusty tour 9630! ABSOLUTELY a BLAST

lophreaque likes this.
    08-20-11 11:36 AM
    I am seeing a lot of 9630 upgrades to the 9930, myself included.
    This phone is pretty cool! No regrets.
    08-20-11 11:57 AM
    ^^^

I think its because 2 years ago the 9630 came out.
    08-20-11 12:05 PM
    Can't keep my hands off mine, regardless of what I came from...Super responsive and the screen res is amazing. Fun device.
    08-20-11 03:59 PM
    Yeah, RIM has made a saving play with this Bold. Now if they can roll out a great QNX version early next year, and the Baby PB full screen version, they just might rocket themselves back to the top of the heap! Gotta hope they have it in them!
    08-20-11 04:11 PM
    Yeah, RIM has made a saving play with this Bold. Now if they can roll out a great QNX version early next year, and the Baby PB full screen version, they just might rocket themselves back to the top of the heap! Gotta hope they have it in them!
    Quite honestly, they will continue to do well with their devices, but it's outside of this realm where there's plenty of opportunity coming with QNX and other integrations that you can get excited about. I don't think many realize this important fact.
    08-20-11 04:52 PM
    Still going strong guys.
    08-27-11 07:08 PM
    I dont really want qnx, pretty happy with os7, im afraid if rim use qnx in next gen of bold, they have to use faster processor and bigger power, but gonna stay thin like 9900... That means less usage in one day.
    08-27-11 07:29 PM
    I dont really want qnx, pretty happy with os7, im afraid if rim use qnx in next gen of bold, they have to use faster processor and bigger power, but gonna stay thin like 9900... That means less usage in one day.
    I kinda feel the same way...I felt QNX was the way to go and may still be, but for now OS 7 is pretty darn impressive, paired with the new Bold touchscreens.
    08-27-11 10:43 PM
    Still loving mine, more and more everyday.
    08-27-11 10:48 PM
    I got the Bold for the ACE keyboard. If a QNX phone comes out in slab form I won't be interested. I would have gotten an iPhone if I wanted that. And besides, my PlayBook runs QNX so I'm not sure how much it would add.

Speaking of which, would be awesome if it were possible to use the Bold as a BT keyboard when paired with the PlayBook
    08-27-11 10:49 PM
    I got the Bold for the ACE keyboard. If a QNX phone comes out in slab form I won't be interested. I would have gotten an iPhone if I wanted that. And besides, my PlayBook runs QNX so I'm not sure how much it would add.

Speaking of which, would be awesome if it were possible to use the Bold as a BT keyboard when paired with the PlayBook
    I would suspect, even with the power of QNX, they'd still make several phones to choose from....so that they can cover all their bases.
    08-27-11 10:57 PM
    I can't get my berry weather to work even though I downloaded it. At first the icon was there but then when I clicked on it it gave me some other weather forcast and it's stuck on that same day's weather temp. I bought berry weather when it was half off the other day.
    08-28-11 12:39 PM
    I can't get my berry weather to work even though I downloaded it. At first the icon was there but then when I clicked on it it gave me some other weather forcast and it's stuck on that same day's weather temp. I bought berry weather when it was half off the other day.
    It works fine for me and many others, but you can try deleting it, reboot, reinstall and go into the options parameters to enable it for your device.

It works well and you can see many wallpapers with it on in the thread "show us your wallpapers" I believe it's called.

Good luck.
    08-28-11 02:22 PM
    And NO fart apps.

08-28-11 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD