So I decided for kicks to check and see if by some miracle people had overlooked the fact that you could purchase a bold on Colorware get some kind of paint job and have it sent to the US. Well lo and behold under smart phones the blackberry bold was an option! A success I instantly thought let me order one.

This is where things went south, far south. Well for one thing its a send in only, they wont color a new bold and send it to you. But this is the funny part, for all you Canadian Rogers (and unlocked Fido) users, they decided to make it USA only. So if you happen to be one of the lucky 15 people in the US with a bold. You can send yours in to get it colored. Thanks colorware spot on with helpfulness.

ColorWare - BlackBerry Bold

Although I must say that with a candy apple red frame. The bold does look delicious. But why does the back cost $129

Ohh and for this little beauty you'll be coughing up $144. At least you can get the camera section colored, for a meager $15 bucks.

***Update***The Boy Genius sends in to have his Bold Colorwared

Thats pretty wierd that after I checked this this morning a new blog post on theboygeniusreport.com 5 hours later that he had his Bold sent in to be colorwared. He discussed the same issue that canadians are out of luck with colorware but they are the only ones in north america who currently have bolds (apart from the unlocked bolds running around in the states).

Colorware does BlackBerry Bold, ours is on the way : Boy Genius Report
    Last edited by Jackal; 09-01-08 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Update
    09-01-08 10:10 AM
    That color option looks sweet!
    09-01-08 10:16 AM
    TOTALLY love that combo!!!!!!
    09-01-08 10:23 AM
    Sexy but not worth the money (or the time apart from your bold) I'm gonna see if they can just mail me the frame. Its totally pointless for the backing. $129 for a piece that cant cost more than 50 cents to make that cant retail for more than $9.99.
    09-01-08 12:52 PM
    I just don't understand why they charge SOOO much!! There must be a comparable alternative somewhere for way less $$MULA$$
    09-01-08 01:03 PM
    I just don't understand why they charge SOOO much!! There must be a comparable alternative somewhere for way less $$MULA$$
    Yea its called DIY
    09-01-08 01:04 PM
    WOW!! It looks so nice. I'm not 1 of the lucky ones so I don't have the option to say I can't afford that. But it looks nice.
    09-01-08 01:09 PM
    I might just order an OEM bezel and paint it myself. The bolds dissassembly doesnt look too difficult and the bezel would cost me like 7$. And i'd much rather have a red bezel than a new theme anyday.

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-bold-9...on-p-3233.html
    09-01-08 01:18 PM
    What does this company have against Canadians??? RIM is a Canadian company, If it weren't for BlackBerry's they in the most part wouldn't have any business....F*CK THEM!!
    If they were smart, They would be dealing with Canadian consumers.
    More business = More bottom line....
    Common sense.....
    09-01-08 01:24 PM
    or maybe order an oem bezel and take it to an auto paint shop? car paint would be as glossy and durable as anything... and way cheaper than colorware...AND you wouldn't be left without your precious BB
    09-01-08 01:26 PM
    Honestly, I would still prefer the look of a stock Javelin over any Bold

The Bold is not that great, IMO. No... I have not had the chance to use one, so my opinions are only based on information I have read or been told... but the Bold is a Buggy Mess! (even if you get it Colorwared to look pretty)
    09-01-08 01:28 PM
    or maybe order an oem bezel and take it to an auto paint shop? car paint would be as glossy and durable as anything... and way cheaper than colorware...AND you wouldn't be left without your precious BB
    Already mentioned it

I might just order an OEM bezel and paint it myself. The bolds dissassembly doesnt look too difficult and the bezel would cost me like 7$. And i'd much rather have a red bezel than a new theme anyday.

BlackBerry Bold 9000 OEM bezel w/o side button- HTC, Acer, BenQ-Siemens, Apple, Microsoft, LG, BlackBerry, Sony, Tools, Samsung,
    Is there a US retailer like cnn.cn?

Yea I just noticed the comparison today of all the next gen BBs that kevin put on on the front page. The javelin is really sexy and I could honestly say that with 3G its an unbeatable device. Who knows maybe down the road... but I prefer my hspda with all the browsing I do. and DAYUM!!! is the kickstart a fatty!
    Last edited by Jackal; 09-01-08 at 01:41 PM.
    09-01-08 01:39 PM
    I have been wanting the Javelin as well...
    09-01-08 01:40 PM

Is there a US retailer like cnn.cn?
    Yeah! Check out BBEnriched. If you use the promo code "B3rryPart$" you can get a discount!
    09-01-08 01:42 PM
    Yeah! Check out BBEnriched. If you use the promo code "B3rryPart$" you can get a discount!
    Too bad they dont have bold parts yet... and ouch 925 for a quertz... i wouldnt pay 700$ for a quertz
    09-01-08 01:46 PM
    Too bad they dont have bold parts yet... and ouch 925 for a quertz... i wouldnt pay 700$ for a quertz
    Yeah... I know!! *yikes*

They are good for parts and remote unlocking, etc. The Bold parts should be in shortly... last I heard they were waiting for their supply.
    09-01-08 01:49 PM
    Thats pretty wierd that after I checked this this morning a new blog post on theboygeniusreport.com 5 hours later that he had his Bold sent in to be colorwared. He discussed the same issue that canadians are out of luck with colorware but they are the only ones in north america who currently have bolds (apart from the unlocked bolds running around in the states).

Colorware does BlackBerry Bold, ours is on the way : Boy Genius Report

09-01-08 04:47 PM

The Bold is not that great, IMO. No... I have not had the chance to use one, so my opinions are only based on information I have read or been told... but the Bold is a Buggy Mess! (even if you get it Colorwared to look pretty)
    Couldn't agree with you more, but the red surround on top is not so bad.
    09-01-08 10:40 PM
    Man if RIM only made the thing 3G I couldn't agree with you more. Its like they want to make you decide. Faster processor, better camera, smaller form factor vs. 3G its a toughie. I know that each camp will be happy with their purchase but they will both have regrets which sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD