Really glad I could pass it along and help you out with those situations then. Well, I guess this thread is complete now, no? Lol. Sorry jstray (OP), I think you'll just either have to lock the phone or not lock the phone. If you're wanting security, you're just going to have to lock it. Otherwise, you don't lock it. That's that, I believe.
    07-04-09 08:47 AM
    Really glad I could pass it along and help you out with those situations then. Well, I guess this thread is complete now, no? Lol. Sorry jstray (OP), I think you'll just either have to lock the phone or not lock the phone. If you're wanting security, you're just going to have to lock it. Otherwise, you don't lock it. That's that, I believe.
    I'll find a way thank you though.... My password is 11 characters long.... And I have autolock. I use my phone probably as much or maybe even more than the average blackberry addict.... So typing my password that many times is more than a mere annoyance. But thanks again for wanting to help.... I'm sure someone will develop an app or already has that does what I'm looking for I just need to be pointed in that direction

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 07:15 PM
    Wouldn't it be simpler just to use a shorter password? There's no way anyone can guess my password - all 4 characters of it - in 10 attempts before the phone wipes.
    07-04-09 09:35 PM
    Wouldn't it be simpler just to use a shorter password? There's no way anyone can guess my password - all 4 characters of it - in 10 attempts before the phone wipes.
    Maybe.... But other phones have this feature. I just think it would make life simpler and give me the satisfaction of knowing that if anyone has it eventually they would be completely locked out of my phone. Wipes don't matter I don't have any top secret government plans in my phone so what does it matter if they see MY personal stuff on my phone? They wouldn't be able to do anything with it. So who cares? All my pics are locked with file lock. So that wouldn't even bother me. I just want it as a cheap way of locking whatever person would steal my phone out of the whole phone itself to not give them the satisfaction of getting away with it. I hope u understand the point I'm making. And thank you very much for trying to help and not making fun of me like other ppl. I don't understand how we're on this online community to help each other but some ppl want to be rude when others ask for help.

Last edited by jstray; 07-04-09 at 09:50 PM.
    07-04-09 09:48 PM
    I am for sure not making fun. Everyone has different things they want their phone to do. I hope you find a solution.

I will say though - my phone also does not have secret government plans, but I feel an obligation to protect the privacy of all the people in my contacts list. That's quite a lot of information, and I don't feel good having it on my phone if I can't protect it.

Anyway - good luck to you.
    07-04-09 09:57 PM
    I am for sure not making fun. Everyone has different things they want their phone to do. I hope you find a solution.

I will say though - my phone also does not have secret government plans, but I feel an obligation to protect the privacy of all the people in my contacts list. That's quite a lot of information, and I don't feel good having it on my phone if I can't protect it.

Anyway - good luck to you.
    Good point.... And again thank you very much...

07-04-09 10:13 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD