Thanks you very much shuswap
    for the reply and advise. i will try to forward email to sms.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720
    Here's a list of email to SMS gateways that might help: https://mfitzp.io/list-of-email-to-sms-gateways/
    03-30-17 10:11 PM
    There's nothing that can be done about the problem, unless the developer wants to update the app. I doubt that he'd want to put in the effort, since the user-base is very small, and he has a day job.
    Dont get me wrong, but I dont think thats true.. I read on LogicMail web page that the source code is available. So if you guys have a chance of a perfectly working email client, why arent you doing something about it?
    03-31-17 01:14 AM
    Dont get me wrong, but I dont think thats true.. I read on LogicMail web page that the source code is available. So if you guys have a chance of a perfectly working email client, why arent you doing something about it?
    You're right.

Let me rephrase. There's nothing that can be done unless the original developer or a capable new developer is willing to make the necessary changes. I also do not know if the SSL code is part of LogicMail itself or built into the OS (mujMail's settings suggest both options are possible). If the latter, an update might be even more difficult to accomplish. In any case, that's all above my pay grade.
    03-31-17 01:29 AM
    I use LogicMail. The only email service that I'm certain still functions with it's security settings turned on is GMX. It works with POP3 with TLS enabled.

Some people use Smartmail, but the comments suggest that they're not using encryption, and that it only works with GMX mail too (as far as I know). I could be wrong. I haven't tried it personally.

AstraSync and NotifySync also work, but they are paid subscription-based services. You can search for them on Google. Both have free trial periods.

Another option, if your carrier has it, is to use email to SMS. If it's available, you can set up your email to forward to your SMS and email people back by entering their email address in your SMS client. It's kind of clunky, but it works.
    Now that LogicMail is down, do any of these still work in 2017?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 01:39 AM
    picomail or Mujmail both are J2ME apps and use their own SSL servers,
    there is also tiggit mail, but looks like abandoned from its devs, I sent an email to them long time ago about how can I buy the latest version(*) , no reply from them.

(*) still some old versions of it are circulated around the web, can be "registered" (using some un-official methods) but I found them buggy and slow, pico is the best option, or even the web browser! my main email is on gmail, its faster to check the email from the BB web browser than even check from pico!
    03-31-17 04:56 AM
    picomail or Mujmail both are J2ME apps and use their own SSL servers,
    there is also tiggit mail, but looks like abandoned from its devs, I sent an email to them long time ago about how can I buy the latest version(*) , no reply from them.

(*) still some old versions of it are circulated around the web, can be "registered" (using some un-official methods) but I found them buggy and slow, pico is the best option, or even the web browser! my main email is on gmail, its faster to check the email from the BB web browser than even check from pico!
    Are you actually still able to get picomail or mujMail to connect to any service? With SSL enabled? I've attempted to use both recently (with outlook.com and GMX) and neither will receive, using POP3 or IMAP with SSL enabled.

I was able to get GMX to work via POP3 without SSL enabled, which is a bad idea (but it's a test account only), and GMX sent an email warning me about the insecure connection.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 09:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Pending uxWare's response, the answer is I don't know for sure.

None of them have worked recently with the services I use, but I think it's time for an ancient email client test again.
    03-31-17 09:31 AM
    Are you actually still able to get picomail or mujMail to connect to any service? With SSL enabled? I've attempted to use both recently (with outlook.com and GMX) and neither will receive, using POP3 or IMAP with SSL enabled.
    yes mate, gmail(*) via picomail using both IMAP(secure) and SMTP(secure) on the settings, not sure about the mujMail as I deleted it some weeks ago, it was slower than pico, so I stayed with picomail + web for my gmail.

just to update: connection via 'normal' 3G not BIS/BES
    also picomail is working over wifi if you use the Aerize Wifix and add the "69.174.246.62" (the pico's proxy) to the rules.

(*) using an app generated password from the gmail, not the account's password!
    Last edited by uxWare; 03-31-17 at 03:23 PM. Reason: update
    03-31-17 03:15 PM
    yes mate, gmail(*) via picomail using both IMAP(secure) and SMTP(secure) on the settings, not sure about the mujMail as I deleted it some weeks ago, it was slower than pico, so I stayed with picomail + web for my gmail.

also picomail is working over wifi if you use the Aerize Wifix and add the "69.174.246.62" (the pico's proxy) to the rules.

Thank you very much. I'll account for this here and on the working and dead apps thread.
    03-31-17 05:56 PM

Did you have to use WiFiX with mujMail as well?
    03-31-17 06:16 PM
    Did you have to use WiFiX with mujMail as well?
    I could not setup the mujMail with WiFiX , I could not find the server it was connected.. maybe I will try sometime the Simulator with debugger ;-}
    03-31-17 06:42 PM
    I could not setup the mujMail with WiFiX , I could not find the server it was connected.. maybe I will try sometime the Simulator with debugger ;-}

Yeah. I can't get it to work either. I have got picomail going though

I must be getting forgetful. You mentioned the WiFiX tweak way back. I even linked to it... and then forgot.

Nice find, btw.
    03-31-17 06:47 PM
    I've updated the material on email and messengers. Check out the Working and Dead Apps thread as well.
    04-08-17 02:39 PM
    Shuswap: "I've updated the material on email and messengers. Check out the Working and Dead Apps thread as well."

Thanks for all your hard work Shuswap, you are certainly the Grand Poohbah of BBOS. I just tested the email to SMS system from my carrier, an AT&T MVNO, and it's a go. It won't do MMS, but that's my carrier's deal, probably not AT&T's, because the messaging gateway is the same for both: [email protected]. , and [email protected] is not used by my people.

Now to set up the forwarding then do the anworm thing.

Edit: Looks like the gateways for AT&T MVNOs, other than Cricket, are all the same as above, [email protected] , and [email protected]. Some AT&T direct accounts use different ones though.
    05-09-17 01:18 AM
    Any idea where the content went that was on the BB forum?
    06-21-17 07:14 PM
    Any idea where the content went that was on the BB forum?
    Tu peux essayer l'archive internet mais sinon je crois que tout le content a été supprimé

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 11:43 PM
    Can never understand why anyone would use BOLD9900 without BIS.

isn't it like $5 a month now ? c'mon guys lol
    09-27-17 06:47 AM
    Can never understand why anyone would use BOLD9900 without BIS.

isn't it like $5 a month now ? c'mon guys lol
    Because BIS is no longer available in many areas.
    09-27-17 06:52 AM
    Because BIS is no longer available in many areas.
    Do we have a list of confirmed countries that dropped it?

I know BIS/Blackberry is big in SA lol but what about other places?
    09-27-17 02:09 PM
    Do we have a list of confirmed countries that dropped it?

I know BIS/Blackberry is big in SA lol but what about other places?
    I have no idea. It varies by carrier - not country.
    09-27-17 02:14 PM
    Ahh yea you're right lol.

silly me, well BIS is old.. but there still is a crazy demand for it (i myself use it on my bold 9900)
    09-27-17 02:16 PM
    I recently got LogicMail working with my Outlook.com email again, with TLS.

Here are the settings I used:

IMAP server: outlook.office365.com
    Use secure connection: TLS
    Port: 143

SMTP server: smtp-mail.outlook.com
    Use secure connection: TLS
    Port: 587
    Authentication: Login

Similar settings did not work for Gmail. However, you can set up a workaround as follows:

Here's a how-to:

1. Sign up for an outlook.com (or hotmail, live.com, etc.) account. In subsequent steps you will forward your Gmail to this account, and Logicmail will retrieve incoming emails from it.

Use the same identity information as you use with your Gmail account.

2. Set your Gmail account to forward all mail to the account set up in step 1.

Click the gear icon on the top right of the screen, choose settings, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP, choose "Add a forwarding address" and enter the address of the account created in step 1. While you're on that screen, you should enable IMAP access so that you can access the account with third-party clients like Logicmail (You're only going to use the SMTP server, but you probably need IMAP access turned on to do that).

3. In LogicMail, press the BlackBerry button to enter “configuration.” Hover over the accounts section, press the BlackBerry button, and choose the new account wizard.

• Enter your identity information on the first screen. Use the email address that you created in step 1 and choose IMAP. Press “Next.”
    • Enter the IMAP settings for the outlook.com account created in step 1. Press “Next.”
    • Enter the SMTP settings for your Gmail account (currently: smtp.gmail.com | TLS | Port 587 | Login). Press “Next.” (Note: you may need to generate an "Application Specifc Password" in order for Logicmail to log into your Gmail smtp server. Here are some instructions: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en)
    • Make any changes you would like to make on the Miscellaneous screen. “Refresh frequency” determines how often LogicMail will poll the POP server for email. Consider whether you want the app to start automatically on boot, and whether you want it to refresh on startup. Press “Next.”
    • Make any changes you need to make on the Connection Settings page (probably none, as the defaults seem to work). Press “Next.”
    • Press “Test Configuration.” If your information has been entered correctly, both tests should be successful. If one fails, go back and check over your settings.

I've been using this workaround for various accounts for a few years. No one will ever know that their emails were forwarded to the outlook.com account. Your emails will go out from the Gmail SMTP server using the Gmail address, and thus replies to those emails always go to your Gmail account, and from there they will be forwarded to the outlook.com account created in step 1. It works perfectly, and by doing this, you can keep your existing address(es).
    Last edited by Shuswap; 11-04-17 at 02:00 PM.
    Alan Morford and rayporsche like this.
    11-03-17 07:29 PM
    Worked great. Conversation view is intact for me in gmail because the original email is the same subject and sender.
    11-04-17 01:51 PM
    Worked great. Conversation view is intact for me in gmail because the original email is the same subject and sender.
    Oh cool! I'll edit the post then. Thanks for the info. Did you do this on the Torch?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 01:56 PM
    Oh cool! I'll edit the post then. Thanks for the info. Did you do this on the Torch?

Posted via CB10
    You know it!
    11-04-17 03:04 PM
169 ... 34567