I don't recall seeing the transport one, but my wife is currently using my 9900 until her z10 arrives but I will check when I get off from work. I really want to get this baby working.

Berry happy Q10, Q10, Passport, 9900, Z10 and now the ZED 30......
    06-20-16 12:32 AM
    Yes I do have the transport service book.

06-20-16 10:50 PM
    Did you ever try deleting that WAP2 service book (and leaving the rest as is)?
    06-23-16 10:04 AM
    Yes, I have deleted each one At a time to see if it would work and tried different combinations but with no luck.

06-25-16 02:18 AM
    There's so much here. Thanks Shuswap. Going to pick through it bit by bit.

PS: Not much happening here the last 30 days. Ah, summer...

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 06:21 PM
    There's so much here. Thanks Shuswap. Going to pick through it bit by bit.

PS: Not much happening here the last 30 days. Ah, summer...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. The thread goes quiet for long periods of time. There aren't so many BBOS users around anymore, and BIS is free on many carriers too.
    07-27-16 09:38 PM
    I was noticing that. In the US. Maybe UK? Elsewhere?

We are both in Canada. Would there be a list for this? Or shall I take the plunge & call Fido, to hear them tell me "No sorry, for that you'll have to change your plan."
    Or simply just, "No, sorry, no."

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 09:59 PM
    I was noticing that. In the US. Maybe UK? Elsewhere?

We are both in Canada. Would there be a list for this? Or shall I take the plunge & call Fido, to hear them tell me "No sorry, for that you'll have to change your plan."
    Or simply just, "No, sorry, no."

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if there's a list of BIS-enabled carriers in Canada. I'm on Koodo prepaid, and there's no BIS, but I managed to get MMS working, which was the only issue that bothered me.
    07-27-16 11:18 PM
    Which method did you use? Guess I should just read back through the thread. Heh.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 11:43 PM
    Which method did you use? Guess I should just read back through the thread. Heh.

Posted via CB10
    I outlined the method here:
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...S/td-p/3067590
    07-28-16 12:43 AM
    Thanks Shuswap. Sorry for delayed reply.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 08:41 AM
    Update:
    Have my Bold.
    It seems it needs a new keyboard, right side belt backlight not working.
    Email not working.
    Everything else working without BIS.

Happy Fido customer for 5 years.
    08-11-16 12:31 PM
    Have returned Bold to seller because of faulty keyboard. Seller has agreed to swap for one that is fully functioning. Not bad at all for $50 Quite happy with the first one but will be happier with the replacement.

Going to either get a second account with Fido or work something out with them. Last case would be to go the BIS-less route explained in this thread. Hopefully not necessary.

Still. Makes one wonder how long BlackBerry will continue to run BIS and support BBOS? Be interesting to see some numbers in terms of subscribers, legacy devices being used etc.
    08-16-16 02:58 PM
    Have returned Bold to seller because of faulty keyboard. Seller has agreed to swap for one that is fully functioning. Not bad at all for $50 Quite happy with the first one but will be happier with the replacement.

Going to either get a second account with Fido or work something out with them. Last case would be to go the BIS-less route explained in this thread. Hopefully not necessary.

Still. Makes one wonder how long BlackBerry will continue to run BIS and support BBOS? Be interesting to see some numbers in terms of subscribers, legacy devices being used etc.
    The servers to run BIS may not be very costly to run. I'm not sure. As a point of comparison, HP just shut down the webOS servers a little over a year ago, and that was about 4 years after bailing on the entire OS. The webOS servers produced little, if any, income (app sales), whereas BIS must bring in a regular monthly revenue stream proportionate to the size of the demand.

How long before you get the replacement?
    08-19-16 12:02 AM
    Thank you for the explanation.
    Fascinating bit about HP.

Well, unless I ask my friend to ship it to me, it will be deep into September before I get to Toronto to pick up the replacement. About a month from now.

Must admit the waiting is quite vexatious. Hmmm.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 04:51 AM
    will these workarounds work for the Pearl also, its BB OS 5 but i love the look.
    thx
    01-25-17 02:27 PM
    will these workarounds work for the Pearl also, its BB OS 5 but i love the look.
    thx

I completely missed this post. These tips will definitely work with OS6 and OS7. I have a Storm2 on OS5, and I have it working about as well as my Bold 9900, but the available apps differ.

If I was to recommend a Pearl, it would be the 9100. The 9100 has OS6 and looks sharp as hell
    03-04-17 07:53 PM
    Do you know how to use email on BlackBerry 7.1 os without BIS

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 08:45 AM
    Do you know how to use email on BlackBerry 7.1 os without BIS

Posted via CB10
    I use LogicMail. The only email service that I'm certain still functions with it's security settings turned on is GMX. It works with POP3 with TLS enabled.

Some people use Smartmail, but the comments suggest that they're not using encryption, and that it only works with GMX mail too (as far as I know). I could be wrong. I haven't tried it personally.

AstraSync and NotifySync also work, but they are paid subscription-based services. You can search for them on Google. Both have free trial periods.

Another option, if your carrier has it, is to use email to SMS. If it's available, you can set up your email to forward to your SMS and email people back by entering their email address in your SMS client. It's kind of clunky, but it works.
    03-22-17 09:12 AM
    I use LogicMail. The only email service that I'm certain still functions with it's security settings turned on is GMX. It works with POP3 with TLS enabled.

Some people use Smartmail, but the comments suggest that they're not using encryption, and that it only works with GMX mail too (as far as I know). I could be wrong. I haven't tried it personally.

AstraSync and NotifySync also work, but they are paid subscription-based services. You can search for them on Google. Both have free trial periods.

Another option, if your carrier has it, is to use email to SMS. If it's available, you can set up your email to forward to your SMS and email people back by entering their email address in your SMS client. It's kind of clunky, but it works.
    Hi thanks for giving me reply
    For using logic mail do I have to apply the procedure you stated for using mms

Please give reply

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 10:00 AM
    Hi thanks for giving me reply
    For using logic mail do I have to apply the procedure you stated for using mms

Please give reply

Posted via CB10
    No. LogicMail is a stand alone application.
    03-22-17 06:18 PM
    shuswap
    i had installed logic mail on my 9720
    i can send mail to others
    but i cant recieve any mail from others
    there is no inbox in my logic mail
    is there any problem in my logic mail settings
    could you reply me regarding this
    03-30-17 12:30 PM
    shuswap
    03-30-17 12:31 PM
    shuswap
    I need to update the thread. It's been a while, and I will do so shortly.

But to answer your question, SSL v3, the version of SSL supported by LogicMail, has security vulnerabilities, so all major email providers have dropped support for it. That's why you cannot receive email through LogicMail.

The version of TLS used by LogicMail is still supported by email providers, which is why you can send mail.

There's nothing that can be done about the problem, unless the developer wants to update the app. I doubt that he'd want to put in the effort, since the user-base is very small, and he has a day job.

The only free solution I can think of is as follows:

Use the browser to access your email through webmail, which is not great, but it works.

Set up your email to forward to SMS, which will provide you with instant notifications whenever an email arrives (and also give you a snippet preview of the header and message).

You could also sign up for AstraSync or NotifySync, but both are subscription services, and at the rates they charge, you might as well buy a Q10.
    03-30-17 03:43 PM
    I need to update the thread. It's been a while, and I will do so shortly.

But to answer your question, SSL v3, the version of SSL supported by LogicMail, has security vulnerabilities, so all major email providers have dropped support for it. That's why you cannot receive email through LogicMail.

The version of TLS used by LogicMail is still supported by email providers, which is why you can send mail.

There's nothing that can be done about the problem, unless the developer wants to update the app. I doubt that he'd want to put in the effort, since the user-base is very small, and he has a day job.

The only free solution I can think of is as follows:

Use the browser to access your email through webmail, which is not great, but it works.

Set up your email to forward to SMS, which will provide you with instant notifications whenever an email arrives (and also give you a snippet preview of the header and message).

You could also sign up for AstraSync or NotifySync, but both are subscription services, and at the rates they charge, you might as well buy a Q10.

Thanks you very much shuswap
    for the reply and advise. i will try to forward email to sms.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720
    03-30-17 10:06 PM
169 ... 23456 ...