Anyone notice that with a black bezel the charging dock no longer works? I had to carefully scrape the paint off of the contacts to get the dock to work. I ordered mine from pmonmon, excellent service. Ordered it on the 1st, got it on the 5th, pretty good.

Dave
    06-05-09 01:05 PM
    Got mine from cnn and mine works.
    06-05-09 01:13 PM
    hmmm, thicker paint? I'm going to try a light coat of black on it.
    06-05-09 01:17 PM
    Search "black bold bezel" on ebay and look for seller pmonmon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i wish i had known about this before i ordered the black one from cnn, oh well. i dont think its too hard to swap over the speaker mesh.
    06-05-09 02:08 PM
    i wish i had known about this before i ordered the black one from cnn, oh well. i dont think its too hard to swap over the speaker mesh.
    Why does everyone talk about swapping over the speaker mesh? The speaker mesh is in the LCD. It is not connected the bezel in any way. So unless your going all black mesh or getting a new screen I don't know why you would swap it?
    06-05-09 04:27 PM
    Why does everyone talk about swapping over the speaker mesh? The speaker mesh is in the LCD. It is not connected the bezel in any way. So unless your going all black mesh or getting a new screen I don't know why you would swap it?
    Speaker mesh is at the bottom inside of the bezel underneath a black rubber piece.
    06-05-09 09:41 PM
    Search "black bold bezel" on ebay and look for seller pmonmon.

I am not seeing mesh on his pictures. I guess I don't get it. What is wrong with CNN.CN blakc bezels?
    06-05-09 10:06 PM
    I am not seeing mesh on his pictures. I guess I don't get it. What is wrong with CNN.CN blakc bezels?
    Just take the advice of several of us on here who have changed our bezels several times. It makes it so much easier to change your bezel when the new one comes with both pieces of mesh installed.
    06-06-09 11:09 PM
    Just take the advice of several of us on here who have changed our bezels several times. It makes it so much easier to change your bezel when the new one comes with both pieces of mesh installed.
    x2

I wouldn't even consider swapping out bezels UNLESS the new bezel comes with speaker mesh pre-installed.
    06-07-09 01:57 AM
    I got my parts last week from cnn. It was very easy to change it out. I changed the bezel, buttons, keyboard, and trackball. I also changed to the black leather theme I got for free from CB. It is a real slick look.
    06-16-09 07:43 AM
    the G1 trackball does not light up correct?
    08-05-09 11:09 PM
    Man that is SEXY!
    08-05-09 11:17 PM
    the G1 trackball does not light up correct?
    I purchased what I thought was the G1 black trackball, but when I installed it, it turns a little red when lit up.

Can anyone confirm that the G1 black trackball stays completely black when the backlight is on?
    08-08-09 09:18 AM
    I purchased what I thought was the G1 black trackball, but when I installed it, it turns a little red when lit up.

Can anyone confirm that the G1 black trackball stays completely black when the backlight is on?
    Yes, it stays dark
    08-08-09 12:14 PM
    It's nice but black is too common, I prefer my white
    08-08-09 12:27 PM
    looks just like mine, ive used many trackballs and switched from red key pad to white, but i ended up just using the black trackball because it never gets dirty
    08-08-09 12:48 PM
    I'm having some trouble finding a flat/smooth black battery housing. Anyone know where I could get one? One that's not leather like...
    08-08-09 01:41 PM
    im pretty sure cnn has it
    08-08-09 01:48 PM
    Recently blacked my Bold out too. Considered the white version but though the black looked slicker - even though it is more common.
    Would love the keypad that has the buttons glowing blue but still to locate it.

08-08-09 07:25 PM
    Just blacked mine out, looks great!

08-08-09 08:17 PM
    Recently blacked my Bold out too. Considered the white version but though the black looked slicker - even though it is more common.
    Would love the keypad that has the buttons glowing blue but still to locate it.

i just blacked out my tour completely and put a blue back light on my keyboard i just cut out the shape of the keyboard in a grocery bag and colored blue with a sharpie!! its sex!!!
    08-12-09 01:34 AM
    Looks dope!
    08-13-09 05:58 AM
    i just blacked out my tour completely and put a blue back light on my keyboard i just cut out the shape of the keyboard in a grocery bag and colored blue with a sharpie!! its sex!!!
    Clever!! Hadn't thought of a DIY version but may look into it now. Providing nothing melts, catches fire or generally ruins my Bold in any way!!
    Now to find a suitable carrier bag.....

08-13-09 07:41 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD