where are the verizon insiders to help us out

Lesson #1.....BGR gives out the worst information out of all the rumor websites.

Lesson#2.......I've been telling you all for at least a week now there is no way this phone would be released when we just launched the Incredible on Thursday.

Lesson#3........this is the second major letdown of a timeframe for the release of this phone, nothing is official until the carrier releases it!
    05-01-10 06:44 AM
    When I asked my local VZW store about it, they were clueless as well.

Other than those of us who spend time on this website, there is no talk at store level about any Blackberry. I'm sure we will see training soon, because it has shown up in our Celebrite machine for some time, and after all, Blackberry did announce it.
    05-01-10 06:46 AM
    Other than those of us who spend time on this website, there is no talk at store level about any Blackberry. I'm sure we will see training soon, because it has shown up in our Celebrite machine for some time, and after all, Blackberry did announce it.
    i find it so funny when Verizon reps say they need training for a new Blackberry lol all blackberrys OS's are the same, they havnt changed, so why do you guys need training when you already know how to work a Blackberry? crazy verizon reps
    05-01-10 07:22 AM
    Sadly I must admit that Boy Genius report was wrong with this May 1st release. I still stand behind BGR regardless of this empty prediction. We all make mistakes.
    05-01-10 07:29 AM
    Nothing new at Red at this moment in time for the 9650
    05-01-10 08:17 AM
    i find it so funny when Verizon reps say they need training
    No one said anyone needed it........it's customary to receive training on any advanced device. I'll bet you would be the first person to complain if you went to a store and a rep didn't answer a question correctly.
    05-01-10 08:55 AM
    Sadly I must admit that Boy Genius report was wrong with this May 1st release. I still stand behind BGR regardless of this empty prediction. We all make mistakes.
    The make A LOT of mistakes.
    05-01-10 08:56 AM
    i find it so funny when Verizon reps say they need training for a new Blackberry lol all blackberrys OS's are the same, they havnt changed, so why do you guys need training when you already know how to work a Blackberry? crazy verizon reps
    Apparently for the 9650 it takes a while to learn how to use the trackpad or figure out what that "WiFi" icon stands for!...
    05-01-10 09:58 AM
    Apparently for the 9650 it takes a while to learn how to use the trackpad or figure out what that "WiFi" icon stands for!...
    Those are pretty complicated things for VZW reps to figure out.
    05-01-10 10:59 AM
    i know everything above me is sarcasm but....
    vzw has other blackberrys that have wifi, and trackpads already
    05-01-10 04:27 PM
    LMAO, ya'll verizon folks are waiting just like us Sprint folks. I love it.

....only we actually have a CONFIRMED release date.
    05-01-10 04:31 PM
    So, when it this phone coming to VZW?? I really want it this month for my birthday! I was bummed, but not really surprised not to find it online or in the stores today. As for the reps needing training -- that just doesn't sound right, unless they hire really obtuse people. If you can use 1 bb, you can intuitively use any other, given about 30 minutes of "play time."
    05-01-10 04:41 PM
    So, when it this phone coming to VZW?? I really want it this month for my birthday! I was bummed, but not really surprised not to find it online or in the stores today. As for the reps needing training -- that just doesn't sound right, unless they hire really obtuse people. If you can use 1 bb, you can intuitively use any other, given about 30 minutes of "play time."
    obtuse people..
    when was the last time you talked to a sales person???
    they are either dumbasses or enthusiests...
    ... sometimes those two overlap...
    05-01-10 04:50 PM
    heh, At least when I went to Sprint last Thursday (April 29th that is) the sprint rep had taken BB 9650 training that morning. Sure it was a waste of time and the comment I got was that it's just a tour with a trackpad till i listed off off Wifi, 512 MB and 2 GB memory and that the SD slot can take up to a 32Gb card and known OS 6/Webkit upgradeable. I got a "yeah, there is that". The store will have them a couple days earlier, but can't show them until the 23rd.

I almost feel sorry for VZW folks that are still left in the dark, except that they are always talking about how they get devices first and are so much better. Really? Feel like a mushroom yet?
    05-01-10 05:38 PM
    obtuse people..
    when was the last time you talked to a sales person???
    they are either dumbasses or enthusiests...
    ... sometimes those two overlap...

Ouch? Unnecessary roughness -->15 yd penalty (is it august yet???)
    05-01-10 06:40 PM
    it doesn't surprise me if verizon waited to phase out its tours. The phones are practically identical on the outside. The website is still offering the 8830 and the tours.

The pearl was apparently one of verizon most popular model. They are completely out. I hope verizonwireless brings the new pearl before it does the bold.

We shall see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 09:28 PM
    I almost feel sorry for VZW folks that are still left in the dark, except that they are always talking about how they get devices first and are so much better. Really? Feel like a mushroom yet?

It's not the 23rd yet, is it?
    Maybe Verizon will release without a big announcement, a day or two earlier...
    and what does it matter anyway?
    When it's available, it will be purchased.
    05-02-10 09:48 AM
    There are those who look down on Sprnt too. I'll wait on Red.
    05-02-10 10:24 AM
    I'm fairly new to the site but been keeping up with the Bold 9650 news because I'm dying to get it to replace my Tour. Just thinking - has anyone thought about contacting RIM directly and seeing if THEY know anything about the Verizon release date? Or is that something they wouldn't have knowledge of ...

Forgive my "newness" if this is actually a ridiculous question. LOVE my Tour, but my wife's NE2 is up in 2 months and I plan on giving her my Tour and using her upgrade to snag the 9650, and I'm hoping to get it like the minute its released ... just like many of you it seems!
    05-02-10 10:36 AM
    Forgive my "newness" if this is actually a ridiculous question. LOVE my Tour, but my wife's NE2 is up in 2 months and I plan on giving her my Tour and using her upgrade to snag the 9650, and I'm hoping to get it like the minute its released ... just like many of you it seems!
    RIM has nothing to do when VZW releases it, it is all up to them.

How much luck have you guys had with using a spouse's NE2 on VZW or Sprint and then taking that phone to your number? A sprint rep explained to me that they were cracking down on it and you had to use the device on the number it was assigned to.
    05-02-10 11:06 AM
    Verizon has told me in the past that the NE2 or an eligible upgrade can be assigned to other family members on the same family plan if the primary party (me) agrees. I've done the NE2 reassignment once, and the eligible upgrade reassignment several times, and never had a problem with it...other than ME not getting my new phone on time. Lol!
    05-02-10 11:15 AM
    ok, so we know you can use a different phone numbers NE2 upgrade... but heres the real question... if i have a NE2 on 2 different lines at the same time... can i use both of them towards the same phone???
    i could get my new 9650 for free... (after mail in rebate)
    05-02-10 01:53 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD