Although I wonder when it will come out. Clearly at this point it'd be pretty shocking if it were tomorrow.
    04-30-10 08:49 AM
    Right? Can't possibly be a release tomorrow? A rep told me the 23rd like Sprint but i don't want to wait that long. I have scoured the boards but no definitive news. Any ideas? Do i unroll that sleeping bag in front of my local Verizon store tonight????
    04-30-10 09:06 AM
    Just called up a local Verizon Store. The phone is not being released yet and hasnt even been shipped to the store yet.

This stinks! I was making all kinds of plans on how I am going to hold it, how I am going to touch it and how I will be connecting it to its first Wi-Fi network. I also printed up a cleaning schedule for it that I made in Excel.

All this will have to wait another 15 days or so
    04-30-10 09:32 AM
    Pretty sure the phone will be released the same time as sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 09:34 AM
    Pretty sure the phone will be released the same time as sprint.

I think thats probably the safest bet, Sprint and Verizon have recently had close to the same release date of BB's.
    04-30-10 09:45 AM
    patience is a virtue..
    04-30-10 09:58 AM
    patience is a virtue..
    I think we've all been more than patient sadly
    04-30-10 10:09 AM
    i called verizon yesterday from my cell and the guy told me verizon wouldn't have the bold that they decided to phase out the tour in june or july and use an updated curve instead. hope he was wrong.
    04-30-10 10:21 AM
    i called verizon yesterday from my cell and the guy told me verizon wouldn't have the bold that they decided to phase out the tour in june or july and use an updated curve instead. hope he was wrong.
    The guy is clueless.
    04-30-10 12:55 PM
    yeah i figured that. doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have it at some point. i'll get one when they show up
    04-30-10 01:31 PM
    wow, those guys are like "what's a blackberry? this ain't whole foods."
    04-30-10 01:36 PM
    i called verizon yesterday from my cell and the guy told me verizon wouldn't have the bold that they decided to phase out the tour in june or july and use an updated curve instead. Hope he was wrong.
    LOL!

(10 char)
    04-30-10 01:43 PM
    wow, those guys are like "what's a blackberry? this ain't whole foods."
    LOL.

I have a question though. Does anyone think they would release it on the 6th, exactly a week after the Incredible? Or am I being too hopeful?
    04-30-10 02:02 PM
    where are the verizon insiders to help us out
    04-30-10 02:04 PM
    Whole foods trying to figure out what a "blackberry" is
    04-30-10 02:27 PM
    Whole foods trying to figure out what a "blackberry" is
    Should they check the fresh fruit section or look in the bread isle??
    04-30-10 02:28 PM
    Busy providing �spectacular� service to other customers.
    04-30-10 02:53 PM
    Yep, to other customers who are clamoring for the HTC Incredible!!!
    04-30-10 03:55 PM
    We can't say it's not coming out on May 1st until tomorrow

04-30-10 05:29 PM
    Unlikely. At the stores, ready for purchase? No way. When the 9630 released there were commercials running on TV about it coming soon…
    04-30-10 09:20 PM
    Nothing's happening tomorrow. The store I frequent has good people and while they are clueless, they do know what is and what is not in their back room. They have said no Bold 9650 has been delivered and the new phones are always in the store 2-3 days before they're released for sale. The reps. have to get to know the new phones and they have to put out display models. The wait continues.
    04-30-10 10:05 PM
    Nothing's happening tomorrow. The store I frequent has good people and while they are clueless, they do know what is and what is not in their back room. They have said no Bold 9650 has been delivered and the new phones are always in the store 2-3 days before they're released for sale. The reps. have to get to know the new phones and they have to put out display models. The wait continues.
    When I asked my local VZW store about it, they were clueless as well. They said they have not even heard about it. All they knew was that there were getting 5 new phones over the next month or so. They didn't really say if those 5 phones were all smartphones. Some of them could have been basic phones. Maybe the 9650 will be one of them. I would like to try it out. It'll be either the 9650 or Incredible for me, unless something is rumored to come out pretty soon.
    04-30-10 11:54 PM
    I went to best buy today because I wanted to upgrade to HTC Incredible, but I wasn't able to because they can't do early upgrade....Well, it's probably a sign for me to wait for 9650.... I am really torn between the two, but I do need the push e-mail so that's probably why I'd stick. Oh, not to forget about the Global Phone, those HTC Incredible are not cool for international roaming..

In addition, battery life comparing the two, I am sure BB 9650 got it down..I just wish the BB UI has the weather widget like the one in HTC Sense UI. For example, if it's cloudy, when you unlock the phone the clouds would show in screen animated!! So sick!!

Anyway, the Best Buy dude just said, "it's gotta come soon, I don't even have the Tour 9630 in stock, I only have the Curve"
    Last edited by SDSUFratBoy; 05-01-10 at 01:41 AM. Reason: bad grammar
    05-01-10 01:31 AM
    Well, it's the 1st and nothing's went down. Hopefully we will hear something in time for Mother's Day. Wishful thinking I guess.
    05-01-10 02:01 AM
    Just called up a local Verizon Store. The phone is not being released yet and hasnt even been shipped to the store yet.

This stinks! I was making all kinds of plans on how I am going to hold it, how I am going to touch it and how I will be connecting it to its first Wi-Fi network. I also printed up a cleaning schedule for it that I made in Excel.

All this will have to wait another 15 days or so
    NICE

i wish i had that dedication to my GF.... LOL
    05-01-10 03:02 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD