You guys act like this gripe list is something new. OS6 has had shortcomings for MONTHS. And there are tons of threads about all these problems already. I never have had any of the things you mentioned bother me. I love OS6, I love my Bold and it all works for me. And yes, I move to the newest OS version everytime one comes out. Maybe the Bold isn't for you? I dunno. But if you're gonna be frustrated over what the n/k/p/q keys do...why use the damn thing? I mean really. Get a phone and an OS that suits you.
    It just seems so simple...
    08-18-11 09:35 AM
    My 9650 suits me just fine. I was just checking the functionality of those keys. I don't have any problem with the way OS6 works, and I haven't noticed any bugs in it yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 03:18 PM
    My 9650 suits me just fine. I was just checking the functionality of those keys. I don't have any problem with the way OS6 works, and I haven't noticed any bugs in it yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was not referring to you Tonis. My statement was more directed at the OP who seems very unhappy with the Bold. It's not a good thing to be unhappy with your phone because we rely on it so much. I believe you should have what you like because you have to use it for everything.
    08-18-11 05:42 PM
    I'm still hoping this thread will just die a quiet death; or may be it can relocated to the failblog.
    08-18-11 05:47 PM
    Wow, failblog eh? No thanks...the only "fail" here is on RIM's part, as indicated by the multitude of posts in this and other threads detailing the significant number of bugs in each release of their crappy OS. If you really want to get technical, their OS has sucked since they first tried to incorporate some degree of multimedia support into it. Starting with the 88xx series, they had major memory leaks and nowhere near enough RAM in the phones to compensate for it....but did they spend time and research attempting to resolve their mistakes? Of course not. They soon forgot about the 88xx series and instead added just enough additional RAM to the newly released 83xx "Curve" (but only on the CDMA model for some reason...?) to make the memory leak less intrusive. And they only went downhill from there, to the point where they don't seem to care about actually fixing any minor bugs, or rather, what they deem "minor", regardless of the level of inconvenience it causes the user.

The point of this thread is document what I've found, get some verification that I'm not alone, and then I will use it as ammo when dealing with RIM and/or Verizon when they tell me that what I'm experiencing is "normal", and that nothing is wrong. I for one am tired of getting new phones over and over, each with new problems that make it difficult to use efficiently. The problem is that, even with all of its shortcomings, the BlackBerry platform remains the only smartphone that I'm willing to use. Android, iPhone, Windows, etc all have other inherent issues or challenges that I'm not willing to "bet" I can resolve if I buy one of those devices, lest I get stuck in an even worse position than I'm already in. At least with BlackBerry I know where I stand, and I've been standing with them since the beginning.

I'm just hoping that when QNX is ported to the handhelds it will be the end of the era of the crappy RIM OS.

Thank you all for your comments, and a special thanks to T�nis for indulging me and actually trying to reproduce the issues I listed.
    08-18-11 11:12 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD