I don't know if you have ever heard about it but its called Funambol.

I think the ota download is my.funambol.com

Its just like the BB push email, but no bis/bes needed.

You just have to create a free account with funambol, and then they push your email.

Its by far the best email i have seen so far for non BIS/BES users!

Check it out!
    06-23-09 08:15 PM
    How can you get push email without a data plan. Its impossible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 08:27 PM
    I have it right now...lol

No data plan.

Look up funambol and you will see for yourself. If you don't believe it then its no bother to me.
    06-23-09 08:32 PM
    You're gonna get data charges though I would think.
    06-23-09 08:35 PM
    I have it right now...lol

No data plan.

Look up funambol and you will see for yourself. If you don't believe it then its no bother to me.
    Have you received a bill from your carrier since you started using it? Just curious because you may be getting hit with data charges and it could add up to some serious $

06-23-09 08:41 PM
    I should not be. I have all data charges canceled with AT&T. I just downloaded tonight.

now I'm scared if i actually.

How can I find out?
    06-23-09 08:47 PM
    Wait for your bill?..

06-23-09 08:52 PM
    You can look at your current usage by logging into your account through their website.

I am not sure if it shows data usage, though. I have never looked because I have an unlimited data plan.
    06-23-09 08:52 PM
    Do you think the "data" is just floating through the air, chances are they just havent updated the database with the info that you cancelled you data account or they did and they are charging you what is it now 1 penny a KB. I did that once it was a little over 5 bucks for me to view one web page with out a data plan. I'm just sayin.....
    06-23-09 08:53 PM
    well ,I just turned WIFI off and it wont connect to server. So I guess Im not using data? Right?

Then I turn Mobile network off, and just keep wifi on and it connects.

Sorry if Im wrong, but i don't think im using any data. It must be going through wifi.

I dont want to get people mad, I just thought I found something pretty cool out fro those who dont have a data plan(Please don't start the whole data plan thing up )
    06-23-09 09:08 PM
    You are connecting through WiFi. This was able to be used from other apps previously.
    06-23-09 09:11 PM
    You are connecting through WiFi. This was able to be used from other apps previously.
    So no data charges are being made?

06-23-09 09:52 PM
    So no data charges are being made?

Nope. Not if it's going through WiFi
    06-24-09 01:53 AM
    Well that means u need to be in wifi zone at all times...which defeats the purpose of push email I think.

06-24-09 02:14 AM
    your correct. But for those who don't have a plan, and want a good mail app now have an option!
    06-24-09 12:56 PM
    hey just have ur email forward to ur number ex forward gmail to 1112223333(@)txt.att.net and it will "push" to ur devive via sms/mms
    and then u can reply via MMS to email address

any other providors google email to text and it is the first link (website link included hacknmod or something like that)

im 12 years old hope this helped pls disregard the parentheses i cant put emails in my replies cuz i havent made 10 posts yet so continue without the paerentheses pretend they werent even there in the first place
    make signature through autotext
    Last edited by fartpolice; 07-05-11 at 01:12 AM.
    07-05-11 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD