I bought a refurbished phone from AT&T. The previous owner set up an email account via their place of employment. This is what my phone displays:

SET UP
    SETUP WIZARD
    EMAIL SETUP
    Select an email setup option -- I only have one option, I WANT TO USE A WORK EMAIL (which I don't)

How can I reset this so I have two options? I showed the gal at BestBuy who sells BBs and she confirmed I didn't have it.

She suggested I call BB, that's another challenge. I need a number for Tech Support. I just got this phone less than a month ago.

Any help is appreciated.
    04-19-09 06:25 PM
    Call AT&T and make sure they activate BIS data plan on your phone. From there create a BIS online account so that you can add/edit your email accounts/settings. You can find the link to set it up in my signature.
    04-19-09 06:35 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Service

Create a new account. The rest should be easy.
    04-19-09 06:35 PM
    Are you given the option to send yourself service books? That may come after the option the other posters just mentioned, do that first. You can also try going to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table. Click the Menu button and select Register Now.
    04-19-09 06:36 PM
    I bought a refurbished phone from AT&T. The previous owner set up an email account via their place of employment.
    Probably not. AT&T didn't provision it correctly. Same thing happened to me with my refurb Bold from AT&T. Call them and they'll fix it while you're on the phone with them.
    04-19-09 07:23 PM
    You have to get a data plan first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 07:34 PM
    you need to register your bb at the homepage first,
    then you can setup any personal email addresses

mad_vtak posted the link couple posts before mine. (i cant post links yet, im new)
    04-19-09 08:25 PM
    Did calling AT&T work? Because I'm having a similar problem. Except that I get emails on my phone and I'm not sure where they are coming from or how to check them. I started getting them before I setup my own email (but right after activating the data plan and BIS) on my refurbished Bold.
    07-27-09 09:24 AM
    Did calling AT&T work? Because I'm having a similar problem. Except that I get emails on my phone and I'm not sure where they are coming from or how to check them. I started getting them before I setup my own email (but right after activating the data plan and BIS) on my refurbished Bold.
    Did you get the phone from someone else?
    07-27-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD