I suspect that future OS releases will use that native memory for the OS. it's open right now, but I bet it'll be the special sauce in 6.0. Maybe to run apps from, maybe to support more features... who knows? you don't toss ram in there for nothing though, not when you also have space for a removable card. makes sense that they'd put ram on there in addition to a card though, because if it's for OS features, you don't want to design something that will only work if a card is inserted.
    04-16-10 08:00 PM
    yes, for Verizon phones it does. The PTT files are in the OS on the newer Built OS's for the 9650 Bold

Thank you!
    04-16-10 08:12 PM
    not to doubt you because i usually give everybody a chance to speak but i think you have an older test model. if you dont have a bold logoon the back of yours i am not to worried about the raised trackpad because it is probably fixed on the newer bold branded models.

i love how people ask about the battery and we have all seen that the actual model that CB had on the main page had an original tour battery.

i just want to know about the damn processor and memory and an official confirmed date of release.
    04-16-10 10:11 PM
    So the processor isnt the same like the 9700 but its quicker than the 9630 so is the processor like the storm 2 ?
    04-16-10 10:38 PM
    not to doubt you because i usually give everybody a chance to speak but i think you have an older test model. if you dont have a bold logoon the back of yours i am not to worried about the raised trackpad because it is probably fixed on the newer bold branded models.

i love how people ask about the battery and we have all seen that the actual model that CB had on the main page had an original tour battery.

i just want to know about the damn processor and memory and an official confirmed date of release.
    So the processor isnt the same like the 9700 but its quicker than the 9630 so is the processor like the storm 2 ?
    I'm not saying that I don't have an "older test model" but it is a 9650.. Not to mention I haven't seen anyone else sporting a test model or sharing there personal experiences with one... so I'm not convinced there is a "newer test model"

And actually the unbranded one has a date of 11/28/09, but the sprint branded version has a date of 1/13/10.. so it can't be that old to have made it into my hands in 3 months.. the trackpad sticks out on the unbranded older one.. the newer one has a flush trackpad just like the 9700.

The bold branding that everyone is claiming is on the camera cover and is just printed text... I doubt that is a big concern when it comes to a test device.

As far as the cpu.. I don't have the specs.. if there is away to obtain them from the device itself.. please enlighten me and I'll happily provide the information.
    04-17-10 12:10 AM
    My question is; is it really worth the upgrade I mean I finally got a good working tour after having 4 messed up ones and now I'm kind of comfortable what do u think would make people really buy this device without mentioning trackpad & wifi because if that is all(oh yeah 2gigs of ram and a bold brand in the back) I can keep my original 9630 like other bb users still having there curves and bold 9000's
    04-17-10 01:34 AM
    My question is; is it really worth the upgrade I mean I finally got a good working tour after having 4 messed up ones and now I'm kind of comfortable what do u think would make people really buy this device without mentioning trackpad & wifi because if that is all(oh yeah 2gigs of ram and a bold brand in the back) I can keep my original 9630 like other bb users still having there curves and bold 9000's
    Well... if the trackpad or wifi aren't a selling point... then how about it's a new blackberry? And well if you're not a complete blackberry addict like myself and don't care to have the latest device in your pocket. Then don't buy it... because you're honestly not getting much more then you already have.

Personally the trackpad is the coolest thing since pop tarts... as my thumb is just now starting to go back to normal from the years of working my 8330's and 9630's to death... I had what I thought would be a permanent indent in my thumb, and it actually hurt after a good day of BB usage. I most likely use my BB more then a normal user, for the fact I run an entire business from it, and respond to 50+ emails a day. I got really sick of changing trackballs out every other month..

Wifi... personally I don't really care if I have it or not.. but that's just me.

I'm not sure what their objective was with this device... but then again I'm still curious as to why someone would buy and 8520/8530... and they are selling pretty well.
    04-17-10 02:50 AM
    I'm not saying that I don't have an "older test model" but it is a 9650.. Not to mention I haven't seen anyone else sporting a test model or sharing there personal experiences with one... so I'm not convinced there is a "newer test model"

no offence but thats becuase you posted this in the wrong forum. You should check out the Bold/Tour2 Forum. There are about 15 or so members that have the 9650 test units since October of last year and they have shared there personal experiences with them as well.
    04-17-10 06:22 AM
    no offence but thats becuase you posted this in the wrong forum. You should check out the Bold/Tour2 Forum. There are about 15 or so members that have the 9650 test units since October of last year and they have shared there personal experiences with them as well.
    Sorry I overlooked it...
    04-17-10 12:15 PM
    I don't understand why people get beat up for posting things that they feel will be helpful to others. The more this happens, the less likely people will be to share good info.

So what if some things are redundant or even a bit suspect. We can eventually weed out the good from the bad. I would rather create an environment where people aren't afraid to share something that they feel is new, helpful and relevant.

Edit: It would be different if the op jumped in and asked why his new os .591 is playing weird noises after a call, or why the standby doesn't work like it used to. To that I might have said, "Search is your friend." But he is obviously an informed power user with tons of devices, pics to prove it and interesting info to share.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by travelingfool; 04-17-10 at 12:44 PM.
    04-17-10 12:30 PM
    I don't understand why people get beat up for posting things that they feel will be helpful to others. The more this happens, the less likely people will be to share good info.

So what if some things are redundant or even a bit suspect. We can eventually weed out the good from the bad. I would rather create an environment where people aren't afraid to share something that they feel is new, helpful and relevant.

Edit: It would be different if the op jumped in and asked why his new os .591 is playing weird noises after a call, or why the standby doesn't work like it used to. To that I might have said, "Search is your friend." But he is obviously an informed power user with tons of devices, pics to prove it and interesting info to share.

2 words.... Thank you.
    04-17-10 01:07 PM
    Very nice, I can't wait until Sprint gets it.
    04-17-10 02:01 PM
    2 words.... Thank you.
    Anytime
    04-17-10 07:37 PM
    Will my cases for the 9630 fit the 9650? Are they the same size?
    04-20-10 02:43 PM
    it cannot hold apps, not natively, not by hacking, not by any method known to the common man.
    half right, half wrong. Theres an app out that can store your apps onto the memory card, but cannot be run off your memory card
    04-20-10 03:54 PM
    Happy? Okay now that's settled...
    So just out of curiosity and I am a believer when someone says so... Are you in the industry that you are lucky enough to have gotten these test phones?
    Also why did they what it seems to me lower the 5.0 OS from what is out now as well as the new Platform patch that just came out today?? this is all just too puzzling to me.

Again just curious and I am not doubting you have these.
    04-20-10 05:54 PM
    2 words.... Thank you.
    Agreed
    10char
    04-20-10 09:17 PM
    I just switched from ATT and a Bold 9000 to Verizon and got a Storm2 and I just can't get used to the touchscreen keyboard. I can't wait for this to come out so I can switch.
    04-20-10 10:46 PM
    Pictures of the phone in hand or it didn't happen. Possibly with a note in hand or typed on the screen showing they are a reply to my comment.
    lol.. owned.

i hate these type of posts. get over yourself dude.
    04-21-10 12:47 PM
    half right, half wrong. Theres an app out that can store your apps onto the memory card, but cannot be run off your memory card
    so what's the point...
    04-21-10 02:06 PM
    lol.. owned.

i hate these type of posts. get over yourself dude.
    no kidding... that guy got SHUT DOWN sofa king hard... LOL
    04-21-10 02:08 PM
    I recently bought a 9630 a few weeks ago because my Curve finally bit the dust. I bought via ebay for a great deal thinking that if something big comes along on Verizon I can still use my NE2. I will say, the 9630 is pretty sweet. It's a BIG JUMP from my Curve and I am pleased with the new software (5.0). HOWEVER, I don't think anyone with a current 9630 will jump and get the 9650. I just don't see how the track pad a WiFi are that important. More memory etc is still a question and I know that it's important but I think I am going to hold on to see what RIM and Verizon has out this fall or next spring.

For those of you that waited........the 9650 will be a great buy.
    04-21-10 02:59 PM
    Haha and you guys tell me i need to get over myself? Why are you still complaining? Most people seem to be enjoying actually seeing pictures of it.
    04-21-10 04:02 PM
    seriously guys. keep on the same subject for once and stop playing forum tough guys and grow up.
    were all here for the same reasons. thats to talk about our jobs or passions and thats blackberries and cell phones in general.

everybody needs to just calm down.
    04-21-10 04:12 PM

You are so right. Some people get to a point where they learn the ends and outs of their BlackBerry device, then think they know it all....and feel as though people are waisting their time posting topics on the site. If you've read it before, then move on to another post. There are quite a few posts that maybe the same or similar, but keep in mind....no two posts are exactly alike. They may have the same or similar topic, but they don't always have the same replies. The more the merrier.
    04-21-10 07:07 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD