Hey, thanks for the pictures and information.

I myself am still debating on whether to upgrade to the Tour 2/Bold when it comes out, but nice to hear it has 2GB of Internal Memory.

I also heard it will have OpenGL capabilities, and be able to run 3D games like the Storm 2..if so, then I might be more inclined to upgrade come August.
    Yeah, almost forgot. Great call out. Will it be able to handle OpenGL and the games????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 10:35 AM
    I'm confused as to what you're getting at? I specifically stated the exact same thing...
    I believe he is trying to say that your's should have the "Bold" stamp on the back regardless of the fact that it's a test unit or not, if it was the true 9650 final hardware.

I'm not saying it isn't as I'm not sure about anything 9650-related at this point, but that's just what I gather from his comment.
    04-16-10 10:49 AM
    Yawn - we await a Tour with a trackpad - nice work RIM. And WiFi is useless with such a crappy browser anyway.
    04-16-10 10:58 AM
    i think the fact that this has 2gig of memory is great, making this phone much faster the the 9630 with only 256mb or something... because this only a test model, you'll probably see a different OS being that there is already .6xx leaked for the 9650. and why is there few people worried about the back battery door and the bold branding, specs are way more important, anyways the bold branding looked like it didnt belong by the camera,
    04-16-10 11:44 AM
    i think the fact that this has 2gig of memory is great, making this phone much faster the the 9630 with only 256mb or something... because this only a test model, you'll probably see a different OS being that there is already .6xx leaked for the 9650. and why is there few people worried about the back battery door and the bold branding, specs are way more important, anyways the bold branding looked like it didnt belong by the camera,
    That 2GB is not for app memory... it's just device memory... so, just as if there was a 2GB SD card inserted.

They need to crank the app memory and cpu power on these new devices... bah.
    04-16-10 11:53 AM
    This isnt worth upgrading from the tour imo. Next year will be my upgrade towards android unless BB really switches things up.
    04-16-10 11:54 AM
    The built in memory is useless when you have a media card. I'm not sure why they would add that when the Tours come with a 2gb card already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You cannot install apps to the media card hence why they provided us with more on-board device storage.
    04-16-10 12:42 PM
    You cannot install apps to the media card hence why they provided us with more on-board device storage.
    I don't think you can install apps to the internal storage memory... this is just like the Bold 9000's 1GB internal memory. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    04-16-10 12:53 PM
    maybe the 2gb is for future os like 6.0, maybe rim is planning having this blackberry compatible with future 6.0os and webkit when it comes out..... maybe
    04-16-10 01:01 PM
    From a personal standpoint, I'm a bit disappointed with what the 9650 has to offer. I realize that the 9630 was plagued with the dreaded trackball problems, but if RIM wanted to truly bring the BOLD series to the CDMA community, make it "BOLD-ish", give the 9650 a better keyboard and display and make it a part of the 97X0 family.

I say make it part of the 97X0 family because if you take a look at the storm, the 9520 is a GSM device available for international carriers, 9530 is for regional carrier (Verizon); 9520 (again for International) & 9550 (for Verizon). The 96x0 line should be discontinued in favor of continuing the 97X0 family.

but it's personal thought...
    It's just because the 9650 use the same body as the 9630, so it cant be part of the 97XX series... All 81XX/83XX/88XX and in it major form the 95XX too, all have the same body. Why use two housing for the same series number? sense less...
    04-16-10 01:03 PM
    maybe the 2gb is for future os like 6.0, maybe rim is planning having this blackberry compatible with future 6.0os and webkit when it comes out..... maybe
    OS related? I dont think cause the Os is installed in the 256mb memory... The 2gb is only for media and system files(QL/Berrybuzz back up, IM history, etc...)
    04-16-10 01:05 PM
    I don't think you can install apps to the internal storage memory... this is just like the Bold 9000's 1GB internal memory. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    You're right, same thing as the Storm series
    04-16-10 01:07 PM
    It's just because the 9650 use the same body as the 9630, so it cant be part of the 97XX series... All 81XX/83XX/88XX and in it major form the 95XX too, all have the same body. Why use two housing for the same series number? sense less...
    Then why are they calling it a Bold? Contradictory, if you ask me.
    04-16-10 01:28 PM
    I believe he is trying to say that your's should have the "Bold" stamp on the back regardless of the fact that it's a test unit or not, if it was the true 9650 final hardware.

I'm not saying it isn't as I'm not sure about anything 9650-related at this point, but that's just what I gather from his comment.
    Well a test device isn't a final product... that's why they are called test devices. They are provided to test the product, and gather feedback, before releasing a final product. The bold branding is as simple as 4 letters printed on a 10 cent camera cover... Not to mention the date printed on the back of this phone is 11/28/09 and the BOLD branding rumors did not surface till recently.
    04-16-10 01:58 PM
    Please let us know how the boot time is on these devices . I want to throw my 9630 out the window everytime it boots .. sooo slooow..
    Don't expect the 9650 to be noticeably faster, as the 9700 still is slow to boot as well, and these test devices are right at the same boot time. Granted all blackberries take forever to boot up... in my opinion it isn't that big of a deal.
    04-16-10 02:15 PM
    Don't expect the 9650 to be noticeably faster, as the 9700 still is slow to boot as well, and these test devices are right at the same boot time. Granted all blackberries take forever to boot up... in my opinion it isn't that big of a deal.
    x2... also the only reason I posted the final 9650 hardware picture was to show the difference so far from your 9650, to the final one. Not much different so far, but shows the average person RIM can make final hardware changes before a phone comes out. I liked the 9700 test units that were out, those had a trackball in them a long with a metal flat battery door cover, then obviously put a trackpad into it before final units were out a long with a faux leather door on the 9700.
    04-16-10 02:25 PM
    Get a life...he's providing enough details as to be reasonable to believe. Why should he take the time just to satisfy your demands? Get real!

Pictures of the phone in hand or it didn't happen. Possibly with a note in hand or typed on the screen showing they are a reply to my comment.
    04-16-10 02:28 PM
    Why would I be embarrassed? I simply wanted proof that he wasn't a troll. I have seen plenty of thread on here of people claiming to already have an "official os" or an unreleased phone, but totally unwilling to provide proof. I don't feel like a moron, and I don't see it as being rude. I simply wanted to see a picture of it to validate this thread.
    04-16-10 02:32 PM
    Nice, very nice.
    04-16-10 02:48 PM
    so besides the 'built-in' 2GB of memory... no real difference from a 9700 really... (aside from the obvious CDMA vs GSM difference)...

can the 2GB of memory hold applications? if not natively, by hacking?
    04-16-10 03:14 PM
    Does the 9650 have PTT capabilities?
    04-16-10 03:28 PM
    Have you had an android device in hand? In my opinion... an android device is a toy.. a blackberry is a tool. I'd hate to see anyone switch and leave their trusty blackberry in the gutter. Although I can feel your pain with CDMA blackberries... they are not impressive. Just switch carriers.. a 9700 will keep a smile on your face.
    I can agree with this... used a Nexus for 3 months... after the novelty wears off, you have essentially a gadget with poor RF and poor battery life... it's all eye candy at the end of the day... glad to be back to the 9700 as of today
    04-16-10 03:46 PM
    Does the 9650 have PTT capabilities?
    yes, for Verizon phones it does. The PTT files are in the OS on the newer Built OS's for the 9650 Bold
    04-16-10 05:15 PM
    lol @ zach_afi. Poor guy.
    04-16-10 05:32 PM
    so besides the 'built-in' 2GB of memory... no real difference from a 9700 really... (aside from the obvious CDMA vs GSM difference)...

can the 2GB of memory hold applications? if not natively, by hacking?
    More like no real difference from a 9630 really... (aside from the obvious trackpad and wifi) and almost no difference from the Essex (9650s) that we have already seen... (aside from the word "BOLD" stamped on back).

Probably a no on using the 2gb memory for apps, maybe a software hack can figure that one out?
    lol @ zach_afi. Poor guy.
    Probably could have used a little more tact in asking for the pictures?
    04-16-10 07:37 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD