ok it might be kinda long but i think u guys will get a kick outta this 1. i kno i did.........

so i get off work and was a little behind the rest of my co-workers walking 2 the parking lot. so i get out there and as im driving off its 5 of my co-workers gathered around one of their cars w/the hood opened. so i stopped and come 2 find out his belt had came off. so he says: "anybody got a flashlight?". nobody had 1 but being the quick thinker i am i grab my phone and go 2 the video camera. it damn near lit up the whole engine! lol. now 1 of my co-workers and i are always going back and forth about his droid and my berry. he SWEARS the droid is optimus prime and my berry is leader 1 from the go-bots. well, another co-worker made him aware of the fact that he could dwnload a flashlight app. so he does. mind u now, i still have my light on the engine so they could see what they were doing. he pulls up his app and puts it next 2 mine.............u could barely notice there was another light around lmao. even he admitted: "damn. next 2 yours u cant even tell my light is ON! lol". and let me also add that his light turned off every 30 secs or so and he had 2 restart his app smhlol. i told him: "man i kept telling u that u need 2 get a blackberry". him: "man damn your blackberry. droid is good lol". now we were out there about and hour and these are some of the comments im hearing.........

"that thing is BRIGHT! looks like a cop's spotlight!"

"what CAN'T that phone do?"

"if i was ever doing something wrong and saw that light i'd start running"

so after having 2 restart his app about 5 times my droid-owning co-worker eventually just throws in the towel lmao. and by the time it was all said and done, his exact words were............"i'm gonna have to go get ME 1 of those superphones".

lol!!!

Blackberry.............why DON'T you have 1?

u know what? that story combined w/that last line would make 1 he*l of a commercial lol!

08-31-11 02:27 AM
    Thats funny!
    thepinkcurve likes this.
    08-31-11 02:34 AM
    I'm surprised he didn't just turn on his video recorder and activate the flash...
    08-31-11 02:46 AM
    I'm surprised he didn't just turn on his video recorder and activate the flash...
    Because, there's an app for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 02:57 AM

Oh of course. A basic function's not cool until it comes in app format.
    morrsn likes this.
    08-31-11 03:00 AM
    nice one bro...
    08-31-11 03:12 AM
    very cute story we lov rim for sure /.. but rim got to hav os same lik iphone to support more apps ... ...
    08-31-11 03:32 AM
    OP,
    There's a flashlight App for the Blackberry. Search for One Touch Flashlight in App world.
    Really easy. Simple click and it starts the light. And unlike the Droid App, it keeps the light on as long as you don't kill the App.
    08-31-11 03:58 AM
    Some Androids like the Incredible S have a pre installed flashlight app that stays on as long as you like, AND have dual led which will almost blind you.
    Nice story though.

08-31-11 05:28 AM
    My Droid X2 flashlight stays on and destroys my 9930's light. (just did a check)
    Just sayin.

But it's in a drawer and my 9930 is on me, so yeah..lol
    08-31-11 05:42 AM
    Just turned on my bold 9930 and compared it to my samsung fascinate and the led on the 9930 demolishes the fascinate.
    otis supreme likes this.
    08-31-11 06:14 AM
    He must have a low-end Android device casue most High-end devices have Dual LED Flash...
    08-31-11 07:13 AM
    That's Hilarious. Great Story.

08-31-11 07:42 AM
    A battle of flashlights BB vs Android.
    Funny but ridiculous. :P

jonathon.94 likes this.
    08-31-11 07:50 AM
    Real question is, why it took an hour to get a belt back on... Just sayin!

scubbie and Media Warrior like this.
    08-31-11 08:09 AM
    Some Androids like the Incredible S have a pre installed flashlight app that stays on as long as you like, AND have dual led which will almost blind you.
    Nice story though.

Just like all android features... needlessly excessive and will burn through the battery fast. I don't like having to carry a charger with me everywhere so my dual cores and be powered and cooled. I have something that I call a desktop computer, I get my primary tasks done there not on a 4 inch screen. I have a phone for mobile communication, not watching movies and playing games.
    08-31-11 09:52 AM

two words: ghetto fabulous
    08-31-11 10:01 AM

lol

OP,
    There's a flashlight App for the Blackberry. Search for One Touch Flashlight in App world.
    Really easy. Simple click and it starts the light. And unlike the Droid App, it keeps the light on as long as you don't kill the App.

oh yea i know about the flashlight apps. just wanted somethin quick. appreciate it tho.

My Droid X2 flashlight stays on and destroys my 9930's light. (just did a check)
    Just sayin.

But it's in a drawer and my 9930 is on me, so yeah..lol

lol

Just turned on my bold 9930 and compared it to my samsung fascinate and the led on the 9930 demolishes the fascinate.

damn smhlol.

A battle of flashlights BB vs Android.
    Funny but ridiculous. :P

*sighs* it wasnt a BATTLE. its not like we set this up: "hey let's see who has the better light." the whole intent was 2 provide light for a friend in trouble. the "battle" as u put it, happened on accident.

lol im guesstimating but he has 1 of those complicated belts and didnt have any tools til another co-worker finally got off work.
    08-31-11 11:37 AM

I'm sure that since this was posted, word got to nascar and F1 teams and they're being called right now with pit crew job offers from around the globe!
    08-31-11 12:33 PM
    Just like all android features... needlessly excessive and will burn through the battery fast. I don't like having to carry a charger with me everywhere so my dual cores and be powered and cooled. I have something that I call a desktop computer, I get my primary tasks done there not on a 4 inch screen. I have a phone for mobile communication, not watching movies and playing games.

You sound EXACTLY like the oldheads sounded when they used to go off on the idea of desktops at home decades ago.

"Why would anybody need that type of power at home? We have mainframes for that!"
    08-31-11 01:12 PM
    Without getting into the tired, schematic "BB is for work, Android/iOS is for games" argument that has already found its way into this thread, OP, great work. That flashlight functionality is good to have.

And yes, I think it would make a great commercial for RIM. We might not want to focus on which device has the brightest light, unless we intend to guide the path to heaven...
    kwalia71 likes this.
    08-31-11 01:18 PM
    Good story, but it sounds to me like the android guy didn't know he has an awesome built in flashlight app that can be activated with one press and stays on till you turn it off.
    08-31-11 01:28 PM
    Funny story! I had a similar showdown with an iphone during a recent power outage. My friend was showing how some app caused her iphone screen to give off a tiny bit of light, and then I lit up the whole room with my BB.

FYI, the best BB flashlight app is built into Quicklaunch. I use it all the time.
    08-31-11 02:59 PM
    Your BlackBerry 9930 is no match for my Motorola Photon Dual LED.Muahahahahaha!!!!!! Muahahahahaha!!!!! Muahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

otis supreme likes this.
    08-31-11 03:27 PM
    ^^^ Too much.

10char
    08-31-11 03:54 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD