Yesterday, the official launch day of the BlackBerry Bold, I was hoping to actually be able to go buy one like the rest of us who want the Bold were all hoping. So I phoned a Rogers in my area and they said that the phones had been delayed due to some last minute issue that needed to be resolved.

Well.. I didn't give up. I checked online on the FutureShop.ca website to see if any stores in my area showed stock for the Bold as available. I phoned the ones that did - apparently the Future Shop in Kitchener, ON had a few in the morning but they were all sold (not that Kitchener is terribly close for me, but who wouldn't drive a few hours for one, on launch day?).

I also phoned the Future Shop nearest to me, that said they didn't get any in and would probably get some in either Friday (today) or Saturday.

I had actually given up at this point.. Until.. I decided to actually go out and try it in person for the heck of it. I ended up putting down a Lay Away deposit (paid for the phone, to make sure I get one as soon as it comes in), and what do you know..

Today I get a call saying they got one in, and that it's on hold for me.

Now.. Besides the fact that it took 2 1/2 hours of standing in high heels (thought it wouldn't take very long) to wait for everything to go through because Future Shop's computers are extremely slow and apparently having a lot of issues, so the guy had to wait on the phone forever to talk to Rogers himself for them to sort out my activation/plan, after having tried entering all my information twice, and failing..

But I am pretty darn happy.

That was the ONLY BlackBerry Bold delivered to that particular location (Ajax, ON) and apparently I was the very first to purchase one at that store as well (I thought maybe they'd sold a few in the morning the day before, but hadn't mentioned it because they were no longer in stock).

And apparently a LOT of people had gone in asking about it. So I'm very grateful to have one in my hands at this moment and hope everyone else is just as lucky, and that they get theirs soon.

It's interesting though, that only one was sent to that location. I'm sure they do it on purpose, to cause a frenzy (not many people can get their hands on them).

On another note, I'm still trying to figure everything out as I am now a first-time BlackBerry owner.

- I won't post pictures, most of you have already seen them, and I personally don't like to be tortured seeing the new BlackBerry I can't get my hands on (can be very aggravating).
    Last edited by natalie.-xo; 08-22-08 at 10:20 PM.
    08-22-08 09:40 PM
    Congrats! You'll love it
    08-22-08 11:58 PM
    Lucky you, Congrats! I'm still trying to find out locations for a friend in Vancouver to purchase it (don't wanna make him run around stores).

By the way, anyone know what the sales tax might be? I don't wanna end up paying 700 for a non-contract phone.
    08-23-08 12:02 AM
    13% in BC...can you not get it from Chile? or Brazil? It's available there already and shipping will probably be wayy cheaper
    08-23-08 12:06 AM
    Brazil huh? Well it might be available here soon as well, although it's a nightmare to get them from Movistar, since they never have enough phones for everyone and they always get them for VIP customers first (****, they out of stock of pearls and curves every time they arrive).

Another con is that it's a bit more of a hassle to unlock phones from here, costs a bit more, and I already have a friend in BC looking for a few to bring over and sell. It's either him or CTI-Miami whenever they arrive there.

I'll keep looking for other choices though.
    08-23-08 12:19 AM
    Congrats on your new Bold!! Welcome to CB!!!
    08-23-08 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD