Shake, thanks so much for helping out rest of the members! If you go to browser and look for options. Is there an option for for column view?

How is the alarm application, any options for multiple alarm option (not a big deal, really just curious)

How about good old bbery programs like Viigo, shortcutme, berrybuzz (whatever you may have). All working fine for you?
    he mentioned in an earlier post when I asked him the same question about shortcutme and berrybuzz etc. and he said many apps do not work with it yet, 10 or so out of his usual 40 apps worked including those of like tunein radio and stuff.. It makes sense though, developers need to change them to get them working on the 9900 and seeing as the phone isnt even released yet, many developers have yet to update their apps to get them working on the newer phones.

@Shake, I am curious about the alarm app too.. Did they finally implement multiple alarms? I am a college student and the time that I have to wake up for class changes depending on the day.. I had to download a separate app on my blackberry for me to set multiple alarms, I just wish/hope blackberry adds this feature as its stupid such a common feature needs an entire separate app to get working.
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 07-23-11 at 12:33 AM.
    07-23-11 12:30 AM
    Maps does pinch zoom. And really well. It loads quickly with the cellular location first and took about 20-30 seconds to get my more specific GPS location. It's within 16 feet. I will let you know about the navigation tomorrow, since I am not going anywhere tonight.

Awesome thanks. BB traffic is a great app for turn by turn navigation. Was wondering if they integrated it with BB maps or something.
    07-23-11 12:32 AM
    Shake, thanks so much for helping out rest of the members! If you go to browser and look for options. Is there an option for for column view?

How is the alarm application, any options for multiple alarm option (not a big deal, really just curious)

How about good old bbery programs like Viigo, shortcutme, berrybuzz (whatever you may have). All working fine for you?
    No column view for the browser.

Only 1 alarm configuration at a time.

I mentioned in a previous post that the apps are limited so far. Some apps return errors even though I can install them and others I can't even install. I have successfully installed CaptureIt, TuneIn, And ColorID. Viigo and shortcutme aren't even available for download.
    07-23-11 12:32 AM
    Awesome thanks. BB traffic is a great app for turn by turn navigation. Was wondering if they integrated it with BB maps or something.
    I can actually download that one from App World. I will check it out when I am on the road tomorrow.
    07-23-11 12:33 AM
    Agreed. High res unaltered pics please.
    I am not doing the pics thing tonight. I will line it up with some devices tomorrow and take some pics. I have a handful of devices for some side by side comparisons.
    grover5 likes this.
    07-23-11 12:36 AM
    I can actually download that one from App World. I will check it out when I am on the road tomorrow.
    That'd be great! I'm curious if it supports BB7 already. If not, it will be interesting to see how smooth it runs, or if its choppy like on old BBs. If it doesn't have the fluidity of BB7, then it probably needs to be optimized to utilize the new hardware.
    07-23-11 12:42 AM
    I am not doing the pics thing tonight. I will line it up with some devices tomorrow and take some pics. I have a handful of devices for some side by side comparisons.
    I mean high res pics taken with the 9900 camera. We have seen plenty of device pics and videos the last month+
    Last edited by bighap; 07-23-11 at 12:46 AM.
    07-23-11 12:43 AM
    I mean high res pics taken with the 9900 camera. We have seen plenty of device pics and videos the last month+
    Ah okay. I will take some random photos tomorrow.
    bighap likes this.
    07-23-11 12:46 AM
    How's the audio/video playback? Does it do gapless audio?
    07-23-11 01:01 AM
    How's the audio/video playback? Does it do gapless audio?
    You'll have to explain this one to me. I have played some videos that I had saved. Longest was about 10 minutes. It's pretty much flawless. I also have played music on it and the sound quality is great. Definitely loud with the built-in speaker. Streaming radio with TuneIn was perfect after an initial few seconds of buffering. I don't understand your gapless audio question though.
    07-23-11 01:20 AM
    You'll have to explain this one to me. I have played some videos that I had saved. Longest was about 10 minutes. It's pretty much flawless. I also have played music on it and the sound quality is great. Definitely loud with the built-in speaker. Streaming radio with TuneIn was perfect after an initial few seconds of buffering. I don't understand your gapless audio question though.
    I think he's referring to how songs play back to back without gaps between each track.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-11 01:59 AM
    Mutiple alarms?
    07-23-11 03:20 AM
    Mutiple alarms?
    Nup. He answered this one already.
    07-23-11 03:31 AM
    i would love a new video on youtube and the details about the soft ware *hint hint
    07-23-11 04:50 AM
    Mutiple alarms?
    Open calendar/menu/new alarm that can be recurring by day, week, month or year

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-11 05:45 AM
    How is the overall heat of the device during heavy use? My tour heats up fairly quick during music streaming or podcast downloads. This will not affect my decision to get this phone by no means, just curious.
    07-23-11 08:15 AM
    still no color coded calendar i take it?
    07-23-11 08:56 AM
    still no color coded calendar i take it?
    Huh? Calendar has always been color coded for every calendar.
    07-23-11 09:22 AM
    I've got a couple questions about the new Berry.

A) does it support voice command searches for Google like a Driod?
    ...Example: Saying "CNN" will result in the browser opening and going to CNN.

B) Have you noticed "any" web activities you can do with the new Berry....
    ...That you couldn't do with the previous one?

C) Does the Bold Touch come with "Blackberry" Visual Voicemail?

WOuld you say about the only changes to the device is the touch screen and faster processor?
    07-23-11 09:28 AM
    Wow! You can browse the INTERNET on your phone! Save images and make them your wallpaper?! Awesome! Oh wait, I forgot this isn't 2001 and that is no longer impressive.
    07-23-11 09:38 AM
    Huh? Calendar has always been color coded for every calendar.
    No it hasn't

I can not set the colour of an appointment so when viewing my month I can see colours to define the day, this could be done in Windows devices back in 2001

The thing I miss most about Windows is the Colour Calendars, and Excel
    07-23-11 09:43 AM
    Can the screen be disabled? Also, does it have stereo speakers like the 9000?
    07-23-11 09:49 AM
    Can the screen be disabled?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...screen-611031/
    07-23-11 09:55 AM
    No it hasn't

I can not set the colour of an appointment so when viewing my month I can see colours to define the day, this could be done in Windows devices back in 2001

The thing I miss most about Windows is the Colour Calendars, and Excel
    That's because you get a separate calendar for every email account you set on your blackberry and choose a different color for each. Any more colors would be truly confusing.
    07-23-11 09:58 AM
    That's because you get a separate calendar for every email account you set on your blackberry and choose a different color for each. Any more colors would be truly confusing.
    I am aware each email account gets it's own colour

but let me expand this

on my Outlook my colours for calender entries are as follows
    Red: Business travel
    Blue: Business home
    Green: phone call
    yellow: personal events (bdays, picnics, anniversarys etc)
    Orange: Personal Travel
    Purple : Personal Home

many of these appointments involve me including other people who are tied to 1 specific email address, I don't want to invite a customer to a phone call with 1 email address, and then use another email address to plan a face to face, and another email address to insert that persons birthday into the calender.

I even want contact colour groupings, I have 94 group breakdowns in my outlook.
    MB2 likes this.
    07-23-11 10:12 AM
292 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD