Shake, is the text like the old column view of os5 or like the tiny text of os6?

Also what os are you running?

Can you upload videos to facebook and or youtube?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    OS 6 for the browser comparison. No column view option (which I am a fan of for some reason - maybe my Pearl-love days?).
    07-22-11 10:22 PM
    I was actually wondering a question that noone has asked yet, probably because they don't work yet but it's worth a try..

Do apps like shortcutme, berrybuzz, etc. work fine? or do you have to wait for some 9900 release for them that is TBA? You said u restarted after installing apps, but what apps have you been installing? :/
    07-22-11 10:22 PM
    Bell has been aggressively promoting new devices and all their services. That's why they took the #2 spot and knocked Telus to #3. I doubt Bell has exclusive rights to the 9900 in Canada. But they want to be the first to announce any new BlackBerry devices, especially the 9900.
    Wow, I see what you mean. I hope Verizon comes out on top and announces the 9930 first, but I doubt that'll happen.
    07-22-11 10:23 PM
    Good question "flip". BeBuzz doesn't even work for OS6, at least for me it never worked on my Torch or my 9780. Would like to know if it works on OS7.
    07-22-11 10:24 PM
    Wow, I see what you mean. I hope Verizon comes out on top and announces the 9930 first, but I doubt that'll happen.

You never know. AT&T has exclusive rights to the Torch2. I'm pretty sure At&T will launch the Torch2 first, then the 9900. Don't be surprise if Verizon gets it first.
    UrbanGlowCam and big_time2 like this.
    07-22-11 10:26 PM
    You never know. AT&T has exclusive rights to the Torch2. I'm pretty sure At&T will launch the Torch2 first, then the 9900. Don't be surprise if Verizon gets it first.
    What the 9930 or the Torch 2? Have you seen the leaked image of the Torch 2 with the Verizon Branding?
    07-22-11 10:29 PM
    Okay thank you. Can you change font size in the browser options?

Sent from my HTC Status using Tapatalk
    Yeah but that is goofy. Some text will increase but others do not. Depends on the site. Default pixel size for text in browsers is as low as 9 and as high as 50. I used 50 on espn.com and it made it legible. 9 and it requires a microscope. The actual default is set to 16.
    07-22-11 10:30 PM
    OS 6 for the browser comparison. No column view option (which I am a fan of for some reason - maybe my Pearl-love days?).
    Thanks for the response, can the text size be increased?

07-22-11 10:34 PM
    I was actually wondering a question that noone has asked yet, probably because they don't work yet but it's worth a try..

Do apps like shortcutme, berrybuzz, etc. work fine? or do you have to wait for some 9900 release for them that is TBA? You said u restarted after installing apps, but what apps have you been installing? :/
    The apps are limited. Most are not compatible at this time. TuneIn for example works fine. BeWeather can't be installed. Google maps isn't even compatible yet. Of the 50+ apps I have used on my normal BB, only 10 or so work.
    abass and Guatiao like this.
    07-22-11 10:34 PM
    07-22-11 10:35 PM
    Thanks for the response, can the text size be increased?

See the post just before yours.
    07-22-11 10:35 PM
    What about bb maps any better? Anykind of gps service it came with? Tia

07-22-11 10:37 PM
    What the 9930 or the Torch 2? Have you seen the leaked image of the Torch 2 with the Verizon Branding?

AT&T has exclusive rights to the Torch2. AT&T will carry the 9900 not the 9930.
    07-22-11 10:39 PM
    I'm totally with you on that. Verizon will likely release the 9930 before AT&T releases the 9900 since their focus is the Torch 9810 first.

We've been seeing more Verizon leaks popping up this past few days with the 9930 and 9850. I'm guessing one or both launch next month.
    07-22-11 10:39 PM
    Okay thank you for all the answers. Helps a lot. Enjoy that beast

Sent from my HTC Status using Tapatalk
    07-22-11 10:40 PM
    AT&T has exclusive rights to the Torch2. AT&T will carry the 9900 not the 9930.
    Yea, I know that but the question is when will Verizon release it (9930)? ;/
    07-22-11 10:40 PM
    Yea, I know that but the question is when will Verizon release it (9930)? ;/

I'm pretty sure Verizon will carry the 9930, just like Sprint.
    07-22-11 10:42 PM
    What about bb maps any better? Anykind of gps service it came with? Tia

Typical BB maps. Nothing to get excited about. The compass is cool in that it works, but I don't get the value for me, personally. There is nothing too amazing about the OS itself. Just the speed is impressive. That's what 1.2 GHz processor will do though. My previous post referring to it as a BlackBerry on steroids is the best way to put it.
    07-22-11 10:47 PM
    Does the browser have any kind of memory issue?
    07-22-11 10:57 PM
    Typical BB maps. Nothing to get excited about. The compass is cool in that it works, but I don't get the value for me, personally. There is nothing too amazing about the OS itself. Just the speed is impressive. That's what 1.2 GHz processor will do though. My previous post referring to it as a BlackBerry on steroids is the best way to put it.
    So if you double tap to zoom does it make the text a lot more legible? Tia

07-22-11 10:57 PM
    Is the maps really responsive at least? Pinch zoom and everything? Or is it really jerky?
    07-22-11 10:58 PM
    So if you double tap to zoom does it make the text a lot more legible? Tia

Yes. I think the browser is a huge improvement. Still trying to get used to using the touch screen instead of the trackpad though. To better answer this question...I would say that depending on where you set the default font size, a double tap to zoom can really display nicely. The browser is not disappointing whatsoever. It's close to iPhone quality, just on a smaller screen.
    Last edited by Shake; 07-22-11 at 11:10 PM.
    07-22-11 11:01 PM
    Does the browser have any kind of memory issue?
    I havent had a browser crash or anything of that nature at this point.
    07-22-11 11:02 PM
    Is the maps really responsive at least? Pinch zoom and everything? Or is it really jerky?
    Definitely very responsive. The screen paints with more map data in about a second... Maybe two. It doesn't matter if I zoom in or out or scroll around. It's quick.
    07-22-11 11:04 PM
    You said no nfc, but isn't that probably a feature to come later with a os update?

07-22-11 11:05 PM
292 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD