So you still have to do battery pulls?? Not much of an improvement...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not battery pulls. Reboots after app installations/removals.
    07-22-11 07:53 PM
    any light leaks around the bezel if you're in a dark or semi dark place? That's what drove me nuts about the 9700.
    Nope. A little around the keyboard, but I wouldn't really call them leaks as it sort of provides details to the keys.
    voltaire likes this.
    07-22-11 07:55 PM
    Congrats you lucky ducky! I don't like you. Just kidding.

Are there any changes to the calendar?
    The calendar seems sort of like OS 6. Some tweaks perhaps with conference calling options. I am an Agenda view user and I really like how it's presented. Month view is what it is. Nothing more than small blocks showing time slots in use. Weekly view is similar with just larger blocks. Day view is easy to read and follow -but if remember correctly, 6 looks this way too. I haven't used an OS 6 device in months and have been on a 5.0, so to be fair, I can't give a true comparison from 6 to 7.
    07-22-11 08:02 PM
    Dang so no mobile hotspot huh, that sucks. How's the battery life so far? And how long are you going to have it?

07-22-11 08:02 PM
    Dang so no mobile hotspot huh, that sucks. How's the battery life so far? And how long are you going to have it?

Battery is decent. I have been really beating on it with web surfing, emailing, texting, watching videos, BBM, listening to TuneIn, and it really hasn't been idle much since I charged it about 5 hours ago. I am at 65%. I don't consider today a realistic test of battery life since I can't put it down.
    07-22-11 08:08 PM
    The calendar seems sort of like OS 6. Some tweaks perhaps with conference calling options. I am an Agenda view user and I really like how it's presented. Month view is what it is. Nothing more than small blocks showing time slots in use. Weekly view is similar with just larger blocks. Day view is easy to read and follow -but if remember correctly, 6 looks this way too. I haven't used an OS 6 device in months and have been on a 5.0, so to be fair, I can't give a true comparison from 6 to 7.

Thanks for responding. Calendar is critical for me. I always leave mine in month view. Makes life easier for me when booking appointments ahead of time. Was curious if RIM made any changes. Either way, I'm gonna love the 9900.
    07-22-11 08:10 PM

I will have it beyond it's release date of aug 31. Hint hint.
    07-22-11 08:10 PM
    Thanks for responding. Calendar is critical for me. I always leave mine in month view. Makes life easier for me when booking appointments ahead of time. Was curious if RIM made any changes. Either way, I'm gonna love the 9900.
    I gotta say... I have not been this blown away by a BlackBerry since my first Pearl 8100. Back then, it was so revolutionary.
    07-22-11 08:12 PM
    So is the battery life good? Lol so I guess they meant the very last day of this summer when they said it was being released this summer.

07-22-11 08:36 PM
    I gotta say... I have not been this blown away by a BlackBerry since my first Pearl 8100. Back then, it was so revolutionary.

That's impressive. Um...so, where do you live so I can steal your 9900.
    The BlackBerry that blew me away was the Curve 8310. I think everyone and their donkey's had that phone.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-22-11 08:37 PM
    damn another 5 weeks?
    07-22-11 08:38 PM
    Europe and Asia get it released 2 weeks earlier on the 15th? Ouch.
    07-22-11 08:44 PM
    August 31st does the browser have text reflow like Android. Like when you pinch to zoom does the text reckless to fit the screen?
    07-22-11 08:46 PM
    Will that one have US ATT 3g bands?

Sent from my HTC Status using Tapatalk
    07-22-11 08:47 PM
    Europe and Asia get it released 2 weeks earlier on the 15th? Ouch.
    Unfortunately Europe & Asia don't have the stringent Technical Acceptance standards as carriers here in the states. Sucks I know, but is better for the end user in all honesty.
    07-22-11 08:49 PM
    I don't get it....
    07-22-11 08:50 PM
    Unfortunately Europe & Asia don't have the stringent Technical Acceptance standards as carriers here in the states. Sucks I know, but is better for the end user in all honesty.
    I think they classify Australia in Asia, so I'm golden. I'd hope to buy an unbranded and carrier unlocked version myself.
    07-22-11 08:55 PM
    Daaaanggg. Hope you're just talking AT&T or something.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 07-22-11 at 09:01 PM.
    07-22-11 08:59 PM
    In Canada, only Bell announced they'll be releasing it on the 17th or 18th. I haven't heard boo from Rogers. Damn Rogers!
    07-22-11 09:07 PM
    August 31st does the browser have text reflow like Android. Like when you pinch to zoom does the text reckless to fit the screen?
    Double-tap to zoom, yes. Pinch zoom does not seem to do this on sites I have been to.
    07-22-11 09:08 PM
    Now that's for the 9900. Maybe the 9930 will come out before hand. How do you know the release date is on the 31st of August?
    07-22-11 09:14 PM
    Will this version get ATT 3g. Clove doesn't list 3g bands that I can see

07-22-11 09:14 PM
    Okay thank you. Only browser I have seen do it is Android. Hopefully just double tap will be enough for my eyes

07-22-11 09:15 PM
    Dang, I know Rogers and ATT have the same bands for sure

07-22-11 09:16 PM
    I couldn't really give a good analysis of battery life based on my current usage. I can answer that better in the coming days when I am using it like I normally use a Berry.
    07-22-11 09:20 PM
292 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD