Just called Verizon, and asked them about Bing. Since Bing is not the only one I do not see why Google should be replaced by Wikipedia or Dictionary. Verizon had the balls to tell me that it was a deal between Microsoft and Rim. I made a complain with the FCC. RIM was so scared they hung on me. Spoke with 3 supervisor at RIM and the last one just hung on me. I changed the browser to Mozila and the search to Wikipidia. I HAVE GOOGLE MOBILE ON MY LEFT SIDE KEY, AND GOOGLE NEWS ON MY HOME PAGE. EVERY TIME I TYPE SOMETHING ON THE NEWS PAGE, IT SEARCHES WITH GOOGLE.
    That's a bunch of crap. It's been in the press that the deal is between Verizon and Microsoft. RIM doesn't make those deals. To prove it, the Sprint version of the 9650 doesn't have Bing.
    You're right. They also gave Bing exclusive rights to the VZ Navigator search engine. Don't forget, they also push the Bing application to our phones.
    Well now, to be fair, RDP412 did not have Google Search to find the links to learn that information.
    06-28-10 05:31 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD