suggested that
    No, you did not. The mobile app is for people that use ALL of the other Google
    services. The launcher is a dedicated link to the search portal only. The
    homepage option takes away the ability to have something more useful
    as a homepage. Not everyone opens their browser to do web searches.
    06-25-10 04:20 PM
    Not going to feed an argument here, but the mobile app is NOT just for people that use ALL of the google services. You should check it out! And I am well aware that not everyone wants to open to google.

I gave the OP work arounds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 05:08 PM
    Its the weekend and Im in a good mood So heres 25 free copies of SearchIt, first come first serve. Superstore

Use code: justcuz
    06-25-10 05:23 PM
    Its the weekend and Im in a good mood So heres 25 free copies of SearchIt, first come first serve. Superstore

Got in on this last time it was up grabs. Excellent app!
    06-25-10 05:25 PM
    Wow I cant believe that they only give you one search engine choice. Even Internet Explorer which is made by Microsoft gives you the ability to use google if you should choose. I wouldn't mind using Bing if it actually worked decent. The search results page is Verizon branded and it only shows two listings of actual results and the rest are suggested games and ringtones from Verizon. If I wanted to search and buy a ringtone, I'd download and install the Verizon Tones app, which I currently have hidden because I don't want it.
    06-25-10 05:36 PM

Hey,

Thank you! That was a nice treat, and really appreciated!

All the best,
    06-25-10 05:44 PM
    I like the Google Mobile App. I use it with Quicklaunch. Just hit the left convenience key and press G and I have a Google Search bar - with voice search

If Bing is the "decision engine," I have decided that it sucks.
    06-25-10 06:18 PM

Thank you, this is very much appreciated.
    06-25-10 10:33 PM

Thanks Shao. If possible, could you implement a feature that would allow us to type the first letter of the search engine to quickly jump to that selection?

06-25-10 11:44 PM
    Hey,

Thank you! That was a nice treat, and really appreciated!

All the best,
    +1. Thanks.
    06-26-10 12:51 AM
    thanks shao!
    06-26-10 02:16 AM

This is very generous. Thanks!
    06-26-10 08:01 AM

Thanks for the free product!
    06-26-10 09:31 AM

Thanks! Trying it out now.
    06-26-10 09:50 AM

Thanks, great app, problem solved for sure now!
    06-26-10 10:23 AM
    Added a shortcut in quicklaunch for searchit so I can get to it from anywhere on my device. Quicklaunch has a websearch, but doesn't have nearly the search options of searchit. Thanks again Shao!

06-26-10 10:46 AM

Thanks Greatly appreciated! Love this.
    06-26-10 01:50 PM
    as i just found out, in quicklaunch, there is an app option called "web search". You can set google as your default for that. So with my left conv key set to ql, it's one press, scroll a few down, then type in your search term and it returns with google results. Nice way to handle it.......
    many thanks!!!!
    06-26-10 03:19 PM

NOOO I MISSED OUT! Tried to apply the code and it was already used up and im the creater of this thred. lol
    06-26-10 03:46 PM
    NOOO I MISSED OUT! Tried to apply the code and it was already used up and im the creater of this thred. lol
    Ive sent you a PM.

And you're welcome to everyone else, hope you guys like it!
    06-26-10 04:06 PM
    can i still get in on checking out search it?
    06-27-10 09:36 PM
    can i still get in on checking out search it?
    SearchIt is on sale for $1.99 until June 30. Now, that's a bargain, well worth every penny of the full retail price!
    06-28-10 09:25 AM
    Just called Verizon, and asked them about Bing. Since Bing is not the only one I do not see why Google should be replaced by Wikipedia or Dictionary. Verizon had the balls to tell me that it was a deal between Microsoft and Rim. I made a complain with the FCC. RIM was so scared they hung on me. Spoke with 3 supervisor at RIM and the last one just hung on me.
    I changed the browser to Mozila and the search to Wikipidia.
    I HAVE GOOGLE MOBILE ON MY LEFT SIDE KEY, AND GOOGLE NEWS ON MY HOME PAGE.
    EVERY TIME I TYPE SOMETHING ON THE NEWS PAGE, IT SEARCHES WITH GOOGLE.
    06-28-10 04:21 PM
    Just called Verizon, and asked them about Bing. Since Bing is not the only one I do not see why Google should be replaced by Wikipedia or Dictionary. Verizon had the balls to tell me that it was a deal between Microsoft and Rim. I made a complain with the FCC. RIM was so scared they hung on me. Spoke with 3 supervisor at RIM and the last one just hung on me.
    I changed the browser to Mozila and the search to Wikipidia.
    I HAVE GOOGLE MOBILE ON MY LEFT SIDE KEY, AND GOOGLE NEWS ON MY HOME PAGE.
    EVERY TIME I TYPE SOMETHING ON THE NEWS PAGE, IT SEARCHES WITH GOOGLE.
    That's a bunch of crap. It's been in the press that the deal is between Verizon and Microsoft. RIM doesn't make those deals. To prove it, the Sprint version of the 9650 doesn't have Bing.
    06-28-10 04:53 PM
    That's a bunch of crap. It's been in the press that the deal is between Verizon and Microsoft. RIM doesn't make those deals. To prove it, the Sprint version of the 9650 doesn't have Bing.
    You're right. They also gave Bing exclusive rights to the VZ Navigator search engine.
    Don't forget, they also push the Bing application to our phones.

06-28-10 05:25 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD