I use Traffic when driving in a familiar area. As the name implies, it's mostly about the best route to get somewhere, depending on conditions. The big text and high contrast colors make it easy to glance at while driving.

When I need to drive somewhere far I might use Google Map, but preferably a GPS device with voice prompts.

[I don't know how my message is now on top of the thread, it was supposed to be second]
    Last edited by synthmole; 09-01-11 at 01:16 AM.
    08-31-11 06:14 PM
    I use Traffic when driving in a familiar area. As the name implies, it's mostly about the best route to get somewhere, depending on conditions. The big text and high contrast colors make it easy to glance at while driving.

When I need to drive somewhere far I might use Google Map, but preferably a GPS device with voice prompts.

[I don't know how my message is now on top of the thread, it was supposed to be second]
    a mod merged it it looks like

I use both FYI- there are pros n cons to both. Maps has multi platform support and is constantly updated.
    08-31-11 11:27 PM
    I used to run google maps on my curve 8900, but ran blackberry traffic on my bold 9700. I just bought my 9900 today and want to know which one is better at this point. Any insight?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 12:59 AM
    Google Maps has not undergone any major changes since the last generation of BlackBerrys. If you used BlackBerry Traffic on your 9700, I'd probably recommend you do the same on the 9900. Google Maps is the exact same.
    09-01-11 01:15 AM
    Google Maps has not undergone any major changes since the last generation of BlackBerrys. If you used BlackBerry Traffic on your 9700, I'd probably recommend you do the same on the 9900. Google Maps is the exact same.
    Really? They haven't changed one thing for Blackberry?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-01-11 01:31 AM
    Google maps changed bits and pieces, really small improvements. But small, nonetheless.
    09-01-11 03:16 AM
    Really? They haven't changed one thing for Blackberry?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Nope. There's still no pinch-to-zoom capability, no GPU acceleration (the app feels very sluggish), no compass functionality (as far as I can tell), and no integration with Universal Search. Really, it's the same app it was back in OS5.
    09-01-11 03:35 AM
    The navigation is the one thing I will miss on my android device. I hope rim get something like that for the new devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD