google map doesn't display my location accurately. The my location is way off by over 1km. it shows that I live on next intersection.

Has anyone check their GPS location on the bold?

Does google display your location accurately?
    09-06-08 11:41 PM
    On a GPS enabled phone it ain't perfect
    but you can usually get to within 3 meters

Try pressing the zero button to get a better fix
    on your position.
    09-06-08 11:47 PM
    On a GPS enabled phone it ain't perfect
    but you can usually get to within 3 meters
    10 FEET!!! How the heck can I expect to find what I'm looking for if it's 10 feet from the phone tells me it should be??
    09-06-08 11:57 PM
    10 FEET!!! How the heck can I expect to find what I'm looking for if it's 10 feet from the phone tells me it should be??
    I assume you're being sarcastic? 3-m accuracy is as good as it gets without using differential GPS, which is used at airfields as a landing nav aid.
    09-07-08 12:41 AM
    I assume you're being sarcastic? 3-m accuracy is as good as it gets without using differential GPS, which is used at airfields as a landing nav aid.
    No, I'm, serious. How am I suppose to see restaurant if it is 10 feet from where my gps says it should be?

Okay, I accept that I may get a warning for being a tool.
    09-07-08 01:11 AM
    Use google maps with an external gps the accuracy will be much better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 01:27 AM
    No, I'm, serious. How am I suppose to see restaurant if it is 10 feet from where my gps says it should be?

Thats when you look up and look around you for the restaurant. Im sure you can see atleast ten feet away with your own eyes. lol. You're not a tool.
    09-07-08 04:04 AM
    Im not being funny but if your looking for a restaurant and the gps fixes you within 3 metres of it, unless your blind how are you going to miss it lol. To have a FREE GPS based product that fixes your position within 3 metres is darn good in my opinion.
    09-07-08 04:11 AM
    10 feet - 3 meters? ... u r not able to see things that r that close to u? ... r u allowed to drive a car? :-o if yes, i m a bit scared! :-D

na, to be serious. i understand if ur google maps shows ur position 1km away from ur current, but i believe u cant blame somebody of something for 3 meters.
    09-07-08 04:36 AM

hehehe...no, you're ok. There're all levels of expertise and understanding in the forums, and sarcasm can be difficult to distinguish from innocence in the absence of other cues.
    09-07-08 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD