I've recently been looking at the new Google Latitude Service but the one thing that crossed my mind was, how much data would something like this use if it were set to give my location all day?

I'm currently on a 500 mb plan with rogers and have yet to even come close to the cap but I can imagine that a constant GPS update would put some kind of dent in it.. anyone have any experiences with this product?
    06-09-09 10:46 AM
    I stopped using it a few days after I started because of how much of a battery drain it is. It's constantly transferring data back and forth, but it's not a lot of data so it doesn't use all that much of your traffic.

Chris
    06-09-09 11:28 AM
    I stopped using it a few days after I started because of how much of a battery drain it is. It's constantly transferring data back and forth, but it's not a lot of data so it doesn't use all that much of your traffic.

Chris
    Thanks a lot for the quick response Chris, I'm happy you mentioned battery usage I seem to have forgotten the toll an application of this sort would have on battery life. It's a shame though would seem like a neat application to have especially when you can visually see who's already at a party before going there.

I would say that I'd hope Google would somehow manage this better but I doubt that would be a possibility unless they allowed interval updating? perhaps every 10-15 minutes?
    06-09-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD