Can I turn on Google Latitude on my phone to run in the background and have someone tracking me on their computer from my account? I want to log into my Google account on my computer and have one of my friends track me while I'm out and about with my Bold. How?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 10:08 PM
    Yes. I have Latitude on my iGoogle homepage and it shows myself and a couple of my friends that also have it.
    04-24-09 11:47 PM
    Ok...

But how do I make it on my computer so it shows me?

04-25-09 06:44 AM
    In the list of widgets there is on marked google maps. put that on your home page and follow directions.
    04-25-09 06:55 AM
    Ok. I have the widget/map on my iGoogle page. However, I still can't figure out how to find my Bold's location and display it on my computer/iGoogle.
    04-25-09 07:53 AM
    I got it!

But will Google Latitude on my computer move in real-time once my Bold starts moving or will I have to keep refreshing the page?
    04-25-09 08:18 AM
    I got it!

But will Google Latitude on my computer move in real-time once my Bold starts moving or will I have to keep refreshing the page?
    Good question. I'm not sure.
    04-25-09 03:06 PM
    and keep in mind that when latitude is running in the background on the device, it is updating based on cell tower information, not GPS. I really like it this way.
    04-25-09 03:39 PM
    I got it!

I just tested it and my iGoogle page didn't update it in real time... had to refresh.
    04-25-09 04:01 PM
    Thanks! Good to know.

04-25-09 04:03 PM
    The google maps client does not give good tracking unless it is in the foreground. The moment you use your BB for something else, it switches from GPS to Cell Tower location.

I would advise you to try the InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking client for your BB. It runs in the background, loads itself automatically at reboot, and you can adjust the update frequency to help manage the battery consumption. Instamapper does very well what I had hoped Google Latitude would do. You can even click on a data point and get your speed at that time. The tracking function shows routes and segments - it works very well.
    04-26-09 06:53 AM
    So, I lost my BB pearl last night and I had Google Latitude downloaded, but I recently turned off the 'share my location' function. Is there any way I can turn it back on from my computer so I can view where my phone's location is???
    06-07-09 02:31 PM
    I like the idea of latitude but nobody that I know uses the app. Just like loopt.

06-07-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD