1) Looking for a good LED app that I can use to change the color of the indicators for different people. Saw several of them on the app store, not sure which one to get.

2) Is there a good turn-by-turn GPS app that I can install on my 9930 that'll speak directions to me while driving?

3) Can you download apps from the app store when using your computer and install them using the blackberry app on your computer? (I'm using a mac). Would prefer this way instead of using data to download apps.

Thanks in advance,
    Mark
    01-01-17 01:53 PM
    1) Looking for a good LED app that I can use to change the color of the indicators for different people. Saw several of them on the app store, not sure which one to get.

2) Is there a good turn-by-turn GPS app that I can install on my 9930 that'll speak directions to me while driving?

3) Can you download apps from the app store when using your computer and install them using the blackberry app on your computer? (I'm using a mac). Would prefer this way instead of using data to download apps.

Thanks in advance,
    Mark
    2) Wisepilot is the last one I think which give you turn-by-turn navigation with voice.

3) From BlackBerry AppWorld it is impossible. From another source you can use BBSAK, and other similar programs but I am afraid that they may not work on Mac.

1) BBuzz. Advanced OS and LED. PS. On the newest OS you don't have to get for this simple job any apps I think. It is built in.
    01-02-17 01:50 AM
    On the newest OS you don't have to get for this simple job any apps I think. It is built in.
    What did you mean by "newest OS"? The newest OS7 OS? If so, would you happen to know the version number?
    01-02-17 12:28 PM
    What did you mean by "newest OS"? The newest OS7 OS? If so, would you happen to know the version number?
    Latest for 9930 is 7.1.0.1066

New 7.1.0.1066 update from Verizon for 9930 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

The best for 9930, imo.
    01-02-17 08:17 PM
    idssteve, thanks. I'm on Sprint and have already downloaded the following software to my Mac:
    9930AMEA_PBr7.1.0_rel2879_PL5.1.0.699_A7.1.0.1066_ Sprint_L.P.exe

Not sure if I can update the OS with a mac, think I need to do it on a PC. Wish it would show up on the Sprint update page on my 9930...

Thanks again for the info.
    01-02-17 10:26 PM
    idssteve, thanks. I'm on Sprint and have already downloaded the following software to my Mac:
    9930AMEA_PBr7.1.0_rel2879_PL5.1.0.699_A7.1.0.1066_ Sprint_L.P.exe

Not sure if I can update the OS with a mac, think I need to do it on a PC. Wish it would show up on the Sprint update page on my 9930...

Thanks again for the info.
    Yeah, like Michniks says, you'll need a PC for OS install, afaik. What os version is currently in your device? Are you otherwise happy with your current version?

I tend to favor Advance OS & LED for a lot of things... Including Led. There isn't much it won't make the led indicator do. I have quite a variety of custom colors, alternating color patterns, flash rate, etc. assigned to various contacts & message types. Pretty well at least know thru corner of eye periphery glance message type, whether family, coworker or client... Etc. Some lesser used contacts are assigned Morse code patterns. Lol. Verrrrry useful. For my "personality type", at least. Lol.
    01-03-17 03:57 AM
    idssteve, have OS 7.1 bundle 921 (v7.1.0.267) installed. Still want to install the latest Sprint one.

I bought two new 9930's last year (because I really dig this phone (except the browser), they were very low cost compared to a few years ago, and I think its stupid to carry an almost thousand dollar smartphone around) and will try to update the one that I'm not using in case I brick it. Have no idea how to install an OS update using a PC and Blackberry desktop yet.

Question to you or anybody else, if you back up your blackberry before trying to update the OS, then update the OS and brick it in the process, can you use the backup you just created to restore the phone back to the state before you bricked it? I.E. will it reinstall the OS as well as the apps, etc.?

Downloading Advanced OS right now, thank you. Will give it a tryout.
    01-03-17 10:35 PM