07-06-09 10:39 AM
37 12
tools
    Agreed. I'm never fond of touch screen phones anyhow, so I guess that puts me in the bias seat.
    Ever since I got stuck abroad with a broken touch screen meaning the phone was completely unusable I have thought long and hard about going with one again. If My bb screen breaks (as my 8310 did) the phone can still be used and then I can fix it myself.

Good point about how common iphones are becoming, nobody likes to be a sheep.
    07-06-09 03:58 AM
    I am wondering what existing iphone owners think? Lets face it when we upgrade we want something new, a change. If someone went iphone - iphone 3g I wonder how excited they are about the 3GS? Most improvements are under the bonnet so to speak although they appear very worthwhile.

I have the ipod touch and upgraded to 3.0 and being honest am struggling to tell the difference!
    07-06-09 04:24 AM
    i wish you all the best with ur iphone 3gs
    07-06-09 05:18 AM
    Have fun with ur iphone

its a great device ,,

its all about what u need in a device
    07-06-09 06:40 AM
    I have the ipod touch and upgraded to 3.0 and being honest am struggling to tell the difference!

Bluetooth (the reason I paid to upgrade my touch)
    search feature
    push notification (great for IM clients)
    copy paste

3.0 seems to have slowed down my ipod but I'm doing a restore to see if that fixes it.
    07-06-09 09:43 AM
    I had the Iphone 3g and up until 2 weeks ago and I traded it for a bold and I couldnt be happier! I just cant beleive it took this many updates for Apple to finally have MMS support?, I also couldnt forward a text message if I wanted to and another thing...battery life wouldnt last a full day with 3g/wifi on. Now I dont have to have unlimited text messaging on my plan cause I use BBM and that uses data. I'm not knocking Apple Iphone or your decision but honnestly, you just threw your efficiency out the window.

my 0.02$
    07-06-09 09:53 AM
    I had the Iphone 3g and up until 2 weeks ago and I traded it for a bold and I couldnt be happier! I just cant beleive it took this many updates for Apple to finally have MMS support?, I also couldnt forward a text message if I wanted to and another thing...battery life wouldnt last a full day with 3g/wifi on. Now I dont have to have unlimited text messaging on my plan cause I use BBM and that uses data. I'm not knocking Apple Iphone or your decision but honnestly, you just threw your efficiency out the window.

my 0.02$

I agree.Blackberry' are way more efficient with my Bold I feel like I can get things done. I never understood why it took Apple over 2 years to add MMS and stereo bluetooth among other things. To top it off the difference between the 3G and 3GS is not much a 3MP camera is a joke.
    07-06-09 09:58 AM

my 0.02$
    All your friends and family have BB? How can you replace text messaging by BBM? If that is the case, you really live in our ideal world. The only people I know who have BBs are my business partners and I'll never dare asking them their PIN for BBMing.
    07-06-09 10:07 AM
    good luck!
    i had the palm pre for 2 weeks, and this weekend i went back to my curve!
    god....i really missed this phone!
    07-06-09 10:19 AM
    iPhones really KEWL for playing gaymes
    07-06-09 10:25 AM
    I have a unlocked, unbranded Colourware Bold and recently purchased an iPhone 3GS. While I love the Bold...it lacks the software I need to be productive. I am in medicine and really don't need secure email...I need medical apps that make my job easier, more productive and time efficient.
    Blackberry cannot hold a candle to the iPhone with medical applications. The amount and level of the new iphone med apps is very impressive. I can review a chest AP or a CAT right on the phone. I can add patient data when I do rounds in the hospital right to my office database. Also has great pharmco apps and critical care info.
    Don't chew people up because they think an iPhone is better. It is simply better for THEM. While it is fun to BBM with people...in my profession...I really don't need it. I also don't need ultra secure email....95% of the world's email users don't need this type of security anyway!
    With the bigger screen...quick ability to zoom into radiographic images, excellent med apps....it is the best thing since sliced bread....for ME. In fact...almost every physician I know that has a smartphone...now has an iPhone 3GS. For the medical profession...it is an excellent productivity device.
    Last edited by DrJerry; 07-06-09 at 10:28 AM.
    07-06-09 10:25 AM
    07-06-09 10:39 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD