So after the latest screwup up with maps and frustration with finding a fix I have switched to google maps. Here is the link and it works great Free BlackBerry Bold 9000 Google Maps mobile Software Download
    09-18-13 09:27 AM
    Granted, it's not Google with features - including overlay, but, never had a major issue with the maps. I also use both along with WAZE navigator. I like having choices. So, what's up?
    09-18-13 10:01 AM
    Is BlackBerry Traffic available for you? It's a far superior app to Maps.
    09-18-13 11:11 AM
    So after the latest screwup up with maps and frustration with finding a fix I have switched to google maps. Here is the link and it works great Free BlackBerry Bold 9000 Google Maps mobile Software Download
    Congratulations. Now you will be subsidizing Google by contributing your device location data at your own expense. Last time I ran Google maps on my device it caused regular data plan overage charges until I discovered what they were doing.
    09-20-13 03:40 PM
    Never had that issue?! are you sure you didn't have the 'location reporting' enabled in the BB settings menu? I've had many issues with google maps, but never that one.
    09-23-13 04:30 PM
    Are you sure that perhaps your �real� data usage might be much less than what you�re currently using and paying for? It was easy enough for me to confirm by locking down the suspect apps from using the internet and watching the monthly usage. But the nastier surprise came when the BB Google Voice app continued to �phone home� after I disabled polling within the app and logged out of my Google Voice account. It appears that Google may have hard-coded the BB Google Voice app to ignore the polling setting and poll whether the user wants to or not. But I digress.

As for Location Reporting, it must be on for map programs, like BB Maps, to work. That controls the device GPS talking to apps that need GPS data. It�s the apps themselves that control how much of that data gets shared with someone else. Google Maps can work without GPS (though still using your device location data plan to power the traffic display), but GPS enabled increases its accuracy.
    09-23-13 05:42 PM
    BlackBerry Traffic is amazing, this was my go to app. too bad it isn't available on BB10.
    09-23-13 09:41 PM