I'm going to be in. Vegas for a week in july and figure it might be more economically feasible to get a prepaid sim rather than use intl roaming with rogers. I have an unlocked 9700 and would like to have the sim when I arrive so some sort of online option is best for me. Thsanks!
    Patrick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 09:12 AM
    The largest network that is compatible with your 3G network might be AT&T.
    06-05-10 02:37 PM
    The largest network that is compatible with your 3G network might be AT&T.
    But the easiest to deal with is gonna be TMO, if they will ship to canada, he can buy a sim online for 6.99$+tax.
    Or he can walk into a store when he gets here and more than likely they will give the sim for free.
    06-05-10 04:05 PM
    that could work but id like to hav esomething activated and in hand when i arrive. i looked at rogers' us roaming packages and theyre hilarious. $30 for 10 mb of data andd 20$ for 30 mins of talk. id want access to bbm and email and internet and voice/sms so id need a wideopen plan and im ok with it costing me 40 or 50$ for the week
    patrick
    06-06-10 01:24 AM
    But the easiest to deal with is gonna be TMO, if they will ship to canada, he can buy a sim online for 6.99$+tax.
    Or he can walk into a store when he gets here and more than likely they will give the sim for free.
    BUT T-Mobile's 3G is NOT compatible with Roger's 3G... however, if you want to use only your Roger device over EDGE go ahead and use TMO's SIM card.

that could work but id like to hav esomething activated and in hand when i arrive. i looked at rogers' us roaming packages and theyre hilarious. $30 for 10 mb of data andd 20$ for 30 mins of talk. id want access to bbm and email and internet and voice/sms so id need a wideopen plan and im ok with it costing me 40 or 50$ for the week
    patrick
    With a new SIM card, you're going to have a different phone number... I'm guessing, because I have not done this myself, but you're going to have to remove your PIN from Roger's BIS server to be sure your not receiving anything over that network and then register your PIN with whoever you use while in Vegas.

I'm not a big AT&T fan... I left them a long time ago and I'm not looking back... but you might think about calling them about their pay as you go plan, or whatever they call it and see if they can send you a SIM card that will work with your Blackberry.
    06-06-10 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD