Posted this over in the "9900 is the best hardware" thread too, but want to get the read of others. I do love the 9900 I've been using since my "escaping" from the Android world and returning to BB again. Am test-driving right now a Q10 I picked up almost new on Ebay, but admit I still enjoy the simplicity of my 9900. I don't use it for the clever apps many people need. Emails, texts, and Google calendar and contacts are just fine. But am concerned going forward that the 9900 will continue to be able to connect to Google and Hotmail for email, and Google for calendar and contacts. Hard for anyone to know the future, but what do you think 2014 and maybe 2015 would be like? The Q10 is fine, but I'd be just as happy waiting a while longer while they get the bugs out some more and bring along a few more BB10 updates. What do you think?

PS...side note...the sweeps left and right, up and down on the Q10 screen does kind of grow on you and I can see how people get used to it, no longer missing the touchpad.
    11-17-13 09:25 PM
    If it works for you, I'd say go for it
    With Legacy BBOS still being widely used and a revenue for BlackBerry, I don't see support stopping atleast for 2014. Apps on the other hand, could become a problem after that. If it works for ya, I would say just use it for as long as you can. BlackBerry isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    A plus side for the Q10 however is, that even if BlackBerry does go south(Chance is really small now), the phone will still be almost completely functional!
    11-17-13 11:09 PM
    Realistically ... we shouldn't lose our email (BIS) functionality for at least another 5 years. How long do you think a network of 50 - 60 million users will dwindle to such a low level that they will turn off BIS support? And considering they are still selling lots of OS7.1 devices right now?

If they ever do decide to drop BIS then they should release firmware upgrades to allow legacy devices to access ActiveSync and other regular mail types and not be tied to BIS. If they drop BIS and don't do that then I will say goodbye to BB and ditch OS 10.

As to the design and functionality ... I expect by 2015 the phone will feel dated.
    11-18-13 04:23 PM
    I do miss the back button. It's a little annoying to have to swipe and shut down the program, restart, just to get one screen back.

Obviously the speed of the Q10 is nice. Still does have some bugs with official releases.

I wish that the camera button can be moved or switched off as I accidentally hit that all the time.

I plan on keeping the 9900 for as long as possible.

Q10
    11-18-13 04:43 PM
    I used a 9900 extensively before getting my z10. If it had a front facing camera I'd still be using it. I loved the curved keyboard over the q10 I played with for fun and the track pad with its "alt"+trackpad to select text was unbeatable, though the bb10 hold to select function was a decent substitute for me. I learned about every keyboard shortcut I could and still miss those. I'd say use the 9900 if browser speed and latest apps aren't your biggest concern. The Bold is an efficient business phone that should be supported for a long time since it still plays a big part in developing countries. Oh, and it's one sharp phone without a case too. I still miss that nice keyboard

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:36 PM
    I thought about getting the silver frame from the white Q10 for my black Q10 just to give it that silver touch of class like the 9900.

Q10 & 9900 on Bell Mobility
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    11-18-13 06:46 PM
    Holding tight with 9900 for two years now.
    I don't want to loose BIS either.
    Just hope if blackberry release better GTD apps that really work and help.
    11-18-13 10:11 PM
    All good thoughts...thanks. Actually have been pretty satisfied with the email and texting aspects. I'm not that into apps (my two banks are fine on 7.1). The BIS connection we were forced to do with of Google calendar and Google contacts since Active Sync was dropped was what frustrated me, never being sure what was/was not synced. And in my area (populated upstate NY Hudson region), the "wireless sync was discontinued, please reconnect" was annoying. Sure, just a couple clicks to reengage Google calendar and contacts, but never did find out what was causing that. Something with BIS and Google I suppose? Sure, the Q10 is faster and certainly syncs my calendar and contacts accurately...but cost? For really what? If I could fix the dropping of my sync signal, I'd still b a happy 9900 guy.
    11-19-13 07:17 AM
    Just read my thread then decide very carefully. Those kind of stuff can happen to you anytime.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post9574164
    11-19-13 09:14 AM
    Hardware failure? Had not thought of that?

Tried the battery pulls, and also have tried to find the pattern of when it drops. Never could find a pattern. Thought maybe an ATT hickup in the system? But in a large corporate/government area here (a Blackberry home kind of territory) which made me surprised it might drop. Wondered if something in the age of the BIS system as it intersects with new Google. So wondering if anyone else posts on it....

If a unique case on my end, it suggests a hardware problem? (or to paraphrasing Sherlock Holmes...when we exhaust the other possibilities, we are left with the obvious?). Hmmmmmm....
    11-19-13 09:54 AM
    OK...not sure what issue with my sync is..but deciding in my test drive of the 9900 and Q10 I've been doing this fall, I'm going to step forward into the BB10 and keep the Q10. Sure will miss the 9900...it was so much the Blackberry I wanted (to think I wasted 18 months in android world). OK, the 5.0 camera was second rate, but wished I had stayed instead of diving into the Samsung Infuse and Galaxy S3. Glad to be back. I'll take my chances with BB's future. This Q10 just keeps surprising me. Will miss that 9900 though...guess I said that already too, didn't I? Sigh.....
    11-20-13 09:47 PM