Well, go ahead and stone me! I’ve been using my wife’s iPhone 3GS 32GB for the last week and it absolutely ROCKS!! Friggin’ AMAZING!! It’s no Bold, but it “outshines” the Bold in SO many areas it’s almost shameful to admit. Speakerphone is much louder than the previous 3G. Believe it or not, it receives and holds a signal better in my office than my last Nokia OR my Bold (3G or Edge – and can switch between them both - I’m shocked!!). The new Voice Command feature rocks and voice recognition works as well or better than my Bold (ver .266). I could go on and on with raves, but I’d probably **** off a lot of folks. Not giving up my Bold yet, BUT it sure has me thinking!!!
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-07-09 at 07:08 PM. Reason: needlessly large font
    08-07-09 05:58 PM
    Please not another Bold vs iPhone thread...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 06:05 PM
    Please not another Bold vs iPhone thread...

I agree. Enough is enough.
    08-07-09 06:10 PM
    The worst part is the font...
    08-07-09 06:55 PM
    Yeah man...size that font down! Lol... Read my sig for my answer to this thread.

08-07-09 06:58 PM
    that actually hurt to read
    08-07-09 07:01 PM
    Good for you, how about you get a life now and stop coming to the Bold forums just to troll then.
    08-07-09 07:03 PM
    OMG I mean Like Really OMG the IPHONE OMG. Who in the heck cares. Go say hello to ATT. And send me your Bold
    08-07-09 07:03 PM
    Yes the iphone is like the other girl yes its fun for that initial quickie use but y0u end up missing y0ur wife because its more for the long term.

08-07-09 07:04 PM
    The iPhone is fun and all, but not practical.
    08-07-09 07:23 PM
    Well, go get one and spend time on an iPhone forum.

Remember, Apple has 5% market share and 95% wierd share. :-D

08-07-09 08:55 PM
    You should see the s60 forums over at howard. All they do is compare iphone to any nokia.

08-07-09 08:59 PM
    Yes the iphone is like the other girl yes its fun for that initial quickie use but y0u end up missing y0ur wife because its more for the long term.

Best analogy I've heard yet.
    08-07-09 09:01 PM
    The fun factor will wear off in about a week...
    08-07-09 09:02 PM
    Go, switch, no ones stopping. I don't think anyone on these forums care what you think about the iPhone. It's all personal preference and we dont need you feedback on it. Thank you very much, but no thank you.
    08-07-09 09:44 PM
    No doubt the iPhone is a great contender, and has some great features and programs available for it. But I like being able to install any app on my phone without Steve desiding if it's ok or not ... well at least I did untill my Blackberry got stolen and I had to use my freinds iPhone untill I can get a new Blackberry. lol
    08-07-09 09:49 PM
    (sigh) iPhone is nice but you'd think that's the only smartphone in the world based on the media. Once more:

no multitasking
    no mms yet (?)
    try opening an email attachment
    touchscreen typing sux for long messages/docs/emails

It's a great phone for web browsing, music, and lots of interesting and useful apps. But for communications, it still takes a big back seat to BB, especially the Bold.

Oh yeah...it's from Apple so...yeah...no thanks.
    08-07-09 11:57 PM
    The argument that it is from apple has no bearing. Apple makes good products, and their customer care is far beyond any company. But your other arguments are valid. Don't diss apple because someone doesn't like os x, because the hardware, albeit overpriced, is down right amazing. I still hate the iphone, but I love apple.

08-08-09 12:11 AM
    The argument that it is from apple has no bearing. Apple makes good products, and their customer care is far beyond any company. But your other arguments are valid. Don't diss apple because someone doesn't like os x, because the hardware, albeit overpriced, is down right amazing. I still hate the iphone, but I love apple.

I didn't "diss" Apple. I think they make good (but overpriced) products. I'm just not a personal fan of the way they do business...too Orwellian imho.
    08-08-09 12:16 AM
    You wouldn't **** off any of the statesmen. The i phone is nice. But I still prefer mine over it. Are you going to switch?
    08-08-09 12:26 AM
    LuvMyBB - fair enough. To each his or her own. I do agree, they are pricey, but wonderful.

08-08-09 12:38 AM
    You wouldn't **** off any of the statesmen. The i phone is nice. But I still prefer mine over it. Are you going to switch?
    Am I going to switch you ask? I can't determine that yet. What I am going to do is to have a friend in IT throw it on company email (no questions asked) and see how it does. I KNEW I'd get stoned on this post. Wonder how many people go to the same restaurant and have the same thing everytime without ever trying something else on the menu? Or buy the same brand or model vehicle EVERY time they trade cars? Still got the BOLD... relax! One thing is for sure, I don't think I'll post my findings when I'm done testing as there are way too many narrow minded people on this forum.
    08-08-09 06:18 PM
    Am I going to switch you ask? I can't determine that yet. What I am going to do is to have a friend in IT throw it on company email (no questions asked) and see how it does. I KNEW I'd get stoned on this post. Wonder how many people go to the same restaurant and have the same thing everytime without ever trying something else on the menu? Or buy the same brand or model vehicle EVERY time they trade cars? Still got the BOLD... relax! One thing is for sure, I don't think I'll post my findings when I'm done testing as there are way too many narrow minded people on this forum.
    The only one closed-minded is you... WTF would you expect coming to a blackberry bold forum and then praising a rival phone over the phone which almost all users on this forum are using?

Go post your findings on the iphone forum. We don't care for it. If we wanted to find out about the iphone, we would go to an apple iphone site.

You cannot compare a device we use everyday for years to a meal at a restaurant. And the fact is, if there is a meal that tastes good, is the perfect price, most likely you will order it again next time.

You wouldn't come to a Red Sox forum and praise the yankees, you wouldn't come to a ford forum and praise honda over the ford so why pull this **** here?

Don't post your findings. Most of us already know and most likely wouldn't care so save your time.

Sorry for sounding harsh but I'm just telling you straight up
    08-08-09 06:40 PM
    No, do come back and post your findings. When you find the device does not do emails and such as well and readily as the BB, none will be surprised.

I am not narrowminded, I have tried the iPhone and iPods and I don't like them. Do I like OSX? Mostly because I know what is underneath: BSD. Do I like the artsy casings and proprietary everything? No. That does not make me closeminded or narrowminded, it just shows I am capable of making my own decisions and using a tool, yes an iPhone or BlackBerry is a tool, that does the job I need it to, and that I could not care less what the crowd thinks.

Am I a BlackBerry snob? Probably. I have converted 5 people in just a few months to get BlackBerrys. Every one of them has thanked me. The tool works for them. Do I find it funny watching somebody type on a touch screen? Yes, yes I do. A real keyboard cannot be beat for accurate typing and proper feedback to the fingers. Do I think people typing on an iPhone are poseurs, amateurs or faddies? Yes, yes I do.

If the iPhone works for you, great. If not and you decide the BlackBerry is the proper tool, great. Use the one that is right for you.
    08-08-09 08:34 PM
    Let us know when you find a theme that you like on that iCrap.

Oh wait......

Here's to being years behind on simple customization
    08-08-09 08:49 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD