Good day,
    I am coming from WM world and I was asking around about Bold's functionality with Gmail. I know there is google app for Gmail on Blackberry, but it lacks notification. Another way of doing it is through IMAP and BIZ server. The question I have and seem to not have the solid answer to is:
    When I connect to Gmail through IMAP do all the folders/labels get synchronized as separate folders including Drafts or does Blackberry puts it all in one folder?
    01-13-09 09:34 AM
    Not sure if this answers your question, but mine only shows the Inbox. I haven't looked at changing this as I choose to manage my mail through webmail, and only use the phone as a mobile reader. In other words, I want to control stored content separate for the phone and the e-mail server with no interaction. I suppose you could set it for Mailbox Wins and use the e-mail icon to give you alerts, but actually read and manage your e-mail through the app.
    01-13-09 09:46 AM
    I'm not sure what the OP means by the GMail app lacks notification. There may not be a visual indication on the screen, but you can certainly setup notification in your profile for new mail in the GMail application. I use it, and it works great. Most features are implemented and working well. Just my $0.02 worth.
    01-13-09 09:51 AM
    all the mail gets put into one folder. and gmail doesnt use "folders" it uses "labels".
    01-13-09 10:01 AM
    I read that when using google app for gmail it doesn't notify when new email comes. one would have to manually check the app for mail. if there is a way to set it up to notify when new email arrives can you share the steps plrase. I am new to bb and and would greatly appreciate the help. thank u.

I'm not sure what the OP means by the GMail app lacks notification. There may not be a visual indication on the screen, but you can certainly setup notification in your profile for new mail in the GMail application. I use it, and it works great. Most features are implemented and working well. Just my $0.02 worth.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 10:13 AM
    from what I understand IMAP turns labels into folders when synced. on my WM I see labels as folders the problem is that those folders are empty my question was regarding how bb deals with this scenario. thank u.

all the mail gets put into one folder. and gmail doesnt use "folders" it uses "labels".
    01-13-09 10:18 AM
    I read that when using google app for gmail it doesn't notify when new email comes. one would have to manually check the app for mail. if there is a way to set it up to notify when new email arrives can you share the steps plrase. I am new to bb and and would greatly appreciate the help. thank u.

Leave the app open in the background and it downloads mail every 20 min.

As for notificatuons, these are managed in phone profiles (loud/silent/etc). You can make the phone vibrate, play a tune or anything.

All applications that have 'notifications' can have their notifications set this way

01-13-09 03:27 PM
    thank you for the information...
    01-13-09 06:19 PM
    Well the question still hasn't been answered as far as I'm concerned...

so am I to believe that all mails are grouped into the inbox and I am not able to view my folders/labels to move mails around unless I access the Gmail app?
    04-04-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD