07-04-11 05:41 AM
36 12
tools
    any solutions to this issue????

too many people are having these probems !!!

it is driving me nuts
    01-06-09 11:25 AM
    i ended up switching to POP
    01-06-09 05:38 PM
    I have the delay issue now and again, am on tmobile here in the uk and I've rung them up but to be honest its just one of those things....today I've had a few delays but the emails did turn up in the end lol...I don't let it bother me really.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 06:27 PM
    Really IMAP instant on Gmail? Anyone else getting instant Gmail/IMAP?
    I'm having this exact problem - but WITH my gmail. I have imap gmail set up. I used to regularly get my gmail on my curve before it even hit my inbox. But now I get them hella delayed and often in bursts of 2-5 or so. Ideas?!?!?

Kev

01-08-09 10:09 PM
    I had this issue as well. I first reconciled the emails from the handset. That caused a bunch of delayed/lost email to come in. then I set the option to "handset wins". Now my Gmail is instant.
    01-08-09 10:14 PM
    I don't have any delays with my gmail emails. Been using the Bold for 2 weeks. One problem I encountered early on was that if you used gmail imap with other phones (in my case I had an iPhone before), then there is residual stuff left over. iPhone created all these imap folders. And the Bold was getting confused where all the mail goes.

In gmail, enable "Advanced IMAP Controls", then go to the Labels section. You can see if you have any residual folders. In my case I had another Inbox, Sent Messages, Drafts, Outgoing, etc... I deleted all of these that were created by the iPhone.

Afterwards, I setup the email account again using these instructions: (//mail.google. com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=78882). <--I can't post links yet. I put a space between google and .com

Now there are no delays!!
    01-09-09 12:25 PM
    it s just CRAZY....not the SAME ISSUES started again...and i am using POP !!!!!!!!!!!
    this is just ridiculous....what can i do?? some email just randomly never make it to my BB
    02-19-09 08:02 AM
    I went into my BIS account and deleted my gmail and then set it up again. Its been instant ever since. Good luck

02-19-09 08:05 AM
    I had a problem with gmail not sending to my blackberry though not related to BIS.

Turns out I had too many emails stored on my berry (1300+) and that was causing the issue. I deleted all my emails and the messages started magically appearing.
    02-19-09 10:20 PM
    I had the same issue and the solution (and I didn't like it a bit) was to clear my 2400+ messages inbox (messages) via DM (advanced backup/restore).
    Once the messages database was clear gmail (I have multiple accounts) started to flow back in a timely manner.
    As a lesson I also set my Bold to only keep 30 days worth of messages.
    Hoping it won't get corrupted again (too soon).

So far so good.

I installed the Gmail application just so I can access old(er) emails that are past 30 days.

Far from perfect. I wish the blackberry could do emails in a more reliable way (the irony...)!

02-19-09 10:39 PM
    Have you checked your firewall settings? It could be blocking certain emails..
    07-04-11 05:41 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD