Is anyone having problems getting their GMAIL account on their Bold?

I keep getting this message:
    "An occurred during email account validation. Please check your information and try again. If the error persists please contact your email account provider"

I'm going into Setup => Setup E-Mail
    I have set up a login account (and such) and I go to Add Email, try my gmail account and pass and I get that message. Now i know i'm using the right password, I even tryed entering it into a SMS and ten cutting it and pasting it.

Please help
    08-26-08 09:00 PM
    Look up the IMAP settings I remember there was a specific way to set it up so it pushed properly. Try going to gmail.com in your browser and after you login there should be a link for blackberry setup instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 09:02 PM
    Well Thank You!

Using some of your technique and a little digging around I got it to work!
    08-26-08 09:39 PM
    anyway to make the emails more automatic, sometimes there's as much of a ten minute delay of me receiving the messages...

also howcome everytime I send an email from the gmail accounts on the BB I receive the exact same one I just sent?
    08-26-08 11:30 PM
    anyway to make the emails more automatic, sometimes there's as much of a ten minute delay of me receiving the messages...
    No, the BIS system will only poll your accounts every (it seems) 10 minutes. Speaking to your carrier will be the only way to get the poll interval decreased, if it's possible at all.

also howcome everytime I send an email from the gmail accounts on the BB I receive the exact same one I just sent?
    Probably because the Blackberry keeps a copy of your sent messages. Could this be it?
    08-27-08 07:07 AM
    If you're using GMail/Yahoo etc. then it should be instant. I'm on GMail (BIS) myself and get e-mails instantly with no delay.

The 10 minute delay you talk of happens sometimes (I believe) if you have it set to an e-mail address which doesn't fully support push e-mail.

Known issue with GMail with a very simple fix.

Blackberry Tips Blog Archive Stop Gmail from sending sent items to your Blackberry
    08-27-08 07:50 AM
    okay now I logged onto my gmail account on my computer and there is seven emails today that never reached my bold... am i missing a setup step here, or what about the push setting how do i change that?
    09-01-08 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD