11-14-13 04:40 AM
33 12
tools
    It appears there are 2 ways to get Gmail on your 9900. One is the old text based app like on earlier Blackberries. This is only good for emails with mostly text and practically, if not totally, useless for anything where graphics are an important part of the content.
    The other app is a seemingly "new" app which will give you the full graphic content of the email, however it has to download the content when you open each email. The UI, as previously noted, is not very good. Then when you open the email there is a floating "toolbar" that takes up about a quarter inch of the right side of the screen, so that covers part of the email you are trying to read. It's a bit unwieldy if you ask me.
    Because I work in IT I'm one of the few lucky people who has a Blackberry and and iPhone provided for me by my company. I can tell you the iPhone Gmail is currently far superior to the touch screen Bold I'm sorry to say. I really like the new 9900, much improved from the 9000. Fits in my pocket nicely and it's light and has some great features. And the Gmail is certainly better than the 9000, but still has a way to go to beat the iPhone. The graphic based program doesn't download any of the emails either so you have to be connected. The iPhone on the other hand will download them so I can read them on the subway which is one of the best times I have to catch up on unread mail.
    01-06-12 03:20 PM
    It appears there are 2 ways to get Gmail on your 9900. One is the old text based app like on earlier Blackberries. This is only good for emails with mostly text and practically, if not totally, useless for anything where graphics are an important part of the content.
    The other app is a seemingly "new" app which will give you the full graphic content of the email, however it has to download the content when you open each email. The UI, as previously noted, is not very good. Then when you open the email there is a floating "toolbar" that takes up about a quarter inch of the right side of the screen, so that covers part of the email you are trying to read. It's a bit unwieldy if you ask me.
    Because I work in IT I'm one of the few lucky people who has a Blackberry and and iPhone provided for me by my company. I can tell you the iPhone Gmail is currently far superior to the touch screen Bold I'm sorry to say. I really like the new 9900, much improved from the 9000. Fits in my pocket nicely and it's light and has some great features. And the Gmail is certainly better than the 9000, but still has a way to go to beat the iPhone. The graphic based program doesn't download any of the emails either so you have to be connected. The iPhone on the other hand will download them so I can read them on the subway which is one of the best times I have to catch up on unread mail.
    It's becoming a deal breaker for me... I have a new 9790 also not happy with how it handles Gmail and Folders/Labels, my iPhone is FAR superior for gmail.

I'm disappointed that using a Blackberry again isn't going as well as I'd hoped, I thought of exchanging my 9790 (not fond of the keyboard) for a 9900 but typing on the 'berry keyboard again isn't as good as the iPhone anymore ... somewhere along the line I became a very fast and accurate typist on my iPhone, even compared to the 9900 and 9000 series.

I may just return my 9790 get a refund and wait to check out the Droid4 ... that was something I had hoped I wouldn't do. I wanted to go back to a Blackberry for my second line, it's not the that 'berry is so bad, it's that other phones have become so good, full featured and touch screen keyboards can be incredible with practice. Keeping in mind I use Siri on my iPhone extensively to reply to emails, setting and checking appointments, directions etc., etc.

They need a better solution for gmail "FAST".
    01-06-12 03:42 PM
    No problems here. Also BIS on Rogers.
    01-06-12 05:03 PM
    i have the same problem,email was something i was looking forward too,but i doesnt work at all.in the email activation app i dont get any options i go straight to enterprise activation and i dont have a enterprise account which means i dont have email.
    my stove has more functionality than my bb,it truly is a shame,and when are the official OS coming out,its been forever.i hope you manage to find a solution to our/your problem.

Cheers
    02-23-12 10:06 PM
    i dont understand it?!?!
    i got a bold 9900 a while back and i dont have my gmail up and running,infact i dont have email, on my bb at all.The setup app wont work,it only gives me one option and that is enterprise email and i have a gmail which wont work when trying to activate it through enterprise so im stuck and dont know what to do,ive looked around and it seems like im pretty much the only person having this problem.I wiped it earlier today and it did nothing but delete all my photos,great.
    im open to any suggestion as im stuck and rather frusterated,i simply don't know what to do,the only way i can check my gmail is through gmail.com and honestly,who wants to use that,its slow and doesn't have the same functions as the app would,i have heard nothing but great things about the email app on the bb,too bad i cant experience it,it was the reason why i bought the phone in the first place.

Thank you and please do respond,i need help!!
    02-23-12 10:35 PM
    My Gmail is kind of setup. I get new messages, but I can't view older messages, sent mail, trash, spam, basically the only folder that works is inbox.

Any ideas?

I hate to say it, but iphone handles gmail much better.
    02-24-12 06:56 AM
    Hallo there, Pls could somebody tell me what the heck to do? Ive had my 9900 now far a year and a half and about two months ago my Gmail messages stopped coming to my phone. i originally just used the plain setup and it worked as well as my yahoo account. but it just the gmail one that does not want to sync up. i've changed the password a couple of time cause i thought that might be the problem, but still it gives me a message that reads "update failed" the whole damn time....

Please does anyone have any advise?
    11-14-13 03:43 AM
    Are you aware you have the option to view your messages by folder? Press options key (one with BlackBerry logo on it) and look for that option.

Do you have two-stage authentication for Gmail configured? Then you need to use an app-specific password on your BlackBerry - go to email setup and change the password to an app-specific one.
    11-14-13 04:40 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD