Hi everyone,

I am in the process of getting a new Z-10 and have a perfectly working 9780 (Rogers) that I would like to give to a friend in Indonesia. Is there anything that I need to do with the phone in order to make it ready to send to him? I know how to delete files and so forth, but is there anything that I need to do in terms of unlocking the phone before I send it to him? I'm really not sure how one goes about doing that or if its necessary. Can anyone be of assistance?
    03-07-13 06:38 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I am in the process of getting a new Z-10 and have a perfectly working 9780 (Rogers) that I would like to give to a friend in Indonesia. Is there anything that I need to do with the phone in order to make it ready to send to him? I know how to delete files and so forth, but is there anything that I need to do in terms of unlocking the phone before I send it to him? I'm really not sure how one goes about doing that or if its necessary. Can anyone be of assistance?
    If it's a North American phone, it's locked. You'll have to pay to unlock the phone unfortunately... But I'm sure your friend will thank you for it!

CrackBerryUnlocking.com ? BlackBerry Unlock codes, BlackBerry Unlocking, Unlock BlackBerry 10
    03-07-13 06:43 PM
    Then once it's unlocked, he can just go ahead and use it by putting his SIM card in it? And thank you for the link.
    03-07-13 07:52 PM
    Then once it's unlocked, he can just go ahead and use it by putting his SIM card in it?
    Yes. Just make sure it's unlocked (you can confirm by putting in a Telus or Bell SIM, if you're still on Rogers as your profile says,) wipe your phone, and send it off.

I don't know about carrier practices in Canada, but here in the US they usually unlock paid off phones for free, without any problems. So that may be something worth exploring.
    03-08-13 02:24 AM