As the title says my gf slammed my spare bold. I opened it up and I see nothing wrong with it. The phone will not turn on at all, the screen is still intact and internally I see nothing wrong with it at all. I plugged it into a charger and it doesn't light up and the same thing with usb. I also put a new battery in it to see if that was it. Can someone help me with some theories as to what exactly might be that is wrong with it? Or where I could get it fixed? Its brand new but I have no insurance unfortunately. Thank you for your help in advance!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 07:42 PM
    If she did it on purpose id look into another Girlfriend possibly no one does that to MY BLACKBERRY!! =)
    06-24-09 07:45 PM
    As the title says my gf slammed my spare bold. I opened it up and I see nothing wrong with it. The phone will not turn on at all, the screen is still intact and internally I see nothing wrong with it at all. I plugged it into a charger and it doesn't light up and the same thing with usb. I also put a new battery in it to see if that was it. Can someone help me with some theories as to what exactly might be that is wrong with it? Or where I could get it fixed? Its brand new but I have no insurance unfortunately. Thank you for your help in advance!!!!

I would leave it connected to a charger for a little while, or possibly even connect it to your PC via USB to see if anything will show up after a period of time.

Otherwise, There are plenty of things that could have happened. She could have possibly damaged the USB port, or fractured/damaged the main board or something on it. I'm not an expert with something like this, but these are just ideas you could toss around.
    06-24-09 07:49 PM
    My guess would also be that the main board has been damaged. Sorry to hear that.

06-24-09 07:59 PM
    My guess would also be that the main board has been damaged. Sorry to hear that.

That is my thought as well. The motherboard was somehow f'd up from the
    impact of the slam. Once the mother board is messed up, you're screwed.
    06-24-09 08:07 PM
    Oooo well I guess I'll sell it for parts I was just trying to save it but I guess it can't be done. I have another bold so I don't really care but thanks for the replies!

06-24-09 08:19 PM
    Oooo well I guess I'll sell it for parts I was just trying to save it but I guess it can't be done. I have another bold so I don't really care but thanks for the replies!

Make sure she doesn't get ahold of it.
    06-24-09 08:21 PM
    Make sure she doesn't get ahold of it.
    Lol..... I just blacket out my bold and my stupid g1 trackball doesn't work right.... Thank you cnn!

06-24-09 08:40 PM
    You are to calm for what happened if it was my gf I wold say see ya you have no right to do that

06-24-09 09:07 PM
    You are to calm for what happened if it was my gf I wold say see ya you have no right to do that

She went overboard but I kinda deserved it and I'll leave it at that....
    But yea thanks!!!!

06-24-09 09:21 PM
    thats what happens when u have a girl... pfl, playa fo life! lmao
    06-24-09 10:37 PM
    can I have it?
    06-24-09 10:40 PM
    mine had wiped mine...lol.
    06-24-09 10:42 PM
    This is what happens when you play with your phone, more than your gf..

06-24-09 10:44 PM

Thank god I have a long distance relationship.
    06-24-09 10:46 PM
    mine had wiped mine...lol.
    How'd that happen?
    06-24-09 11:07 PM
    Is she still under warranty? I'd take her back and demand a girlfriend that functions properly. Goodness knows you've invested enough that you deserve a girlfriend that behaves as advertised, right out-of-the-box... err, whatever she came in.
    06-25-09 02:34 AM
    Umm, ok. Looks like my post was deleted for some reason...

Whatever...

Chris
    06-25-09 02:56 AM
    Thank god I have a long distance relationship.
    Those Never Work Out!!!
    06-25-09 03:17 AM
    lol my girlfriend did something like that, i had my phone locked for a bit cause i was settin up a surprise b-day party for and didn't want her to know. she wondered why i had my phone locked all of a sudden and after the 5th try........gone, everything was wiped and my last back up was 2 weeks ago, not long but i added alot of new numbers and ****.........oh well life is one big lesson to learn from i guess
    06-25-09 03:43 AM
    Slam her like Andre the Giant slammed hulk hogan in wrestlemania!!! Ohhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhh Brother!

06-25-09 05:16 AM

haha this is hilarious.

Personally, I think what she did was wrong, no matter if you deserved it or not. I would never break anything of my boyfriend's if he did something wrong, especially something that expensive. Sorry to hear about your loss of a perfectly good bold.
    06-25-09 05:22 AM
    I would make her pay for it...that's just not right. If u did something wrong now and she went to that extreme...imagine how screwed u'd be after the divorce proceedings...heheh.

06-25-09 06:17 AM
    If I were you I would be buying a brand new Bold.... With her credit card.

Just because you pissed her off doesn't mean she has the right to destroy your property.

06-25-09 07:41 AM
    When my girlfriend bought me call of duty 4, she didn't see or hear from me for like a month haha.

Have you tried plugging it into your PC via USB and reinstalling the O.S with the Loader app?
    06-25-09 08:44 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD