Just got my 9650 from Verizon today. I know a lot of the icons on my phone are just links to the programs (they aren't actually installed) but I'm doubting that to a certain extent. I only have 300mb free after starting my phone for the first time.

I'm talking about stuff like VWZ Navigator, Tunes, Push To Talk, etc.
    06-04-10 06:33 PM
    VZ nav isn't installed by default, it's just a link to download it.

For the other stuff like PTT, download the OS, install it to the PC, learn to use Shrink-A-OS and love it (will require re-flashing the BB).
    06-04-10 06:37 PM

For the other stuff like PTT, download the OS, install it to the PC, learn to use Shrink-A-OS and love it (will require re-flashing the BB).
    And only install what you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 06:39 PM
    Just got my 9650 from Verizon today. I know a lot of the icons on my phone are just links to the programs (they aren't actually installed) but I'm doubting that to a certain extent. I only have 300mb free after starting my phone for the first time.

I'm talking about stuff like VWZ Navigator, Tunes, Push To Talk, etc.
    I delete and/or uninstall anything that I can which I never intend to use, like some of the useless games. Some can be deleted directly and some can be deleted with DM to free up space, but with 300mb free this is probably not an issue.
    06-04-10 06:41 PM

I would have to flash the OS? I used a program for my old Pearl called Maxmem or something like that. From that program, you could remove PTT, default sample videos, themes, etc.
    06-04-10 06:45 PM
    You can manually remove the modules if you want using something like that.

It's easier to just run Shrink-A-OS any time you have a new OS and remove everything in one click. That and it also launches the loader to do the install instead of using slow and unreliable DM.
    06-04-10 06:53 PM
    I deleted all that "pay per view crap" on mine. It gets annoying to have all those unwanted icons on the screen.
    06-04-10 06:57 PM
    Funny that with even 300MB of free space we still do our routine clean up on any new device
    06-04-10 07:05 PM
    Well, I have no use for most of the games, the old version of DocsToGo, PTT, TTY, etc, BB Maps, etc. So I might as well click a couple buttons and remove them all, otherwise they use space and I have to organize the icons in all my themes...
    06-04-10 07:11 PM
    Dude you cant get rid of those icons that arent actually apps.....

They are pushed by your carrier... The only thing you can do is create a new folder called junk or crap and place everything you dont want to see in that folder then hide it.. DONE.

And jesus.... "I only have 300 mb comment" is ridiculous! Are you kidding me? You will NEVER run out of space dude... get a grip.
    06-04-10 07:27 PM
    Dude you cant get rid of those icons that arent actually apps.....

They are pushed by your carrier... The only thing you can do is create a new folder called junk or crap and place everything you dont want to see in that folder then hide it.. DONE.

And jesus.... "I only have 300 mb comment" is ridiculous! Are you kidding me? You will NEVER run out of space dude... get a grip.
    Thanks, nothing like a scathing post after everybody else was able to nicely me inform of the same thing. I was more concerned with getting the amount of memory available that the Sprint users have been talking about for a week.
    Last edited by mystic54; 06-04-10 at 07:36 PM.
    06-04-10 07:33 PM
    Originally Posted by Pi Guy 3.14
    "create a new folder called junk or crap and place everything you dont want to see in that folder then hide it"

is a pretty good tip for those that don't already know this.
    06-04-10 07:38 PM
    Thanks, nothing like a scathing post after everybody else was able to nicely me inform of the same thing.
    Huh? I didnt see anyone that said the same thing....

This apps are tiny atoms of space in your phone. Even if you could delete them, you would not even gain a single MB
    Last edited by Pi Guy 3.14; 06-04-10 at 08:01 PM.
    06-04-10 07:58 PM
    Huh? I didnt see anyone that said the same thing....

This apps are tiny adams in your phone. Even if you could delete them, you would not even gain a single MB
    Look at the first reply to the original topic, first sentence.
    06-04-10 08:01 PM
    ....And???? What are you talking about...

Dude you cant get rid of those icons that arent actually apps....
    Unless perhaps I missed something in elementary school.....
    06-04-10 08:33 PM
    ....And???? What are you talking about...

Unless perhaps I missed something in elementary school.....
    Your right, I'm wrong. Thanks
    06-04-10 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD