Is it possible to get rid of the AT&T or any other carrier name that shows up on the main screen?
    05-27-09 08:10 PM
    you can get a theme that doest have it (that new 'neu' theme is one such) its there because thats the network you are connected to, not branding... at least as far as I know, I could be wrong
    05-27-09 08:51 PM
    You don't need a whole new theme. Just open any picture you want to use as wallpaper, click the menu button and select "set as background"

Unless you're talking bout the splash screen on startup, in which case, debranding is the only way to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:25 PM
    You don't need a whole new theme. Just open any picture you want to use as wallpaper, click the menu button and select "set as background"

Unless you're talking bout the splash screen on startup, in which case, debranding is the only way to do it.

That wouldn't remove the carrier identification at the top of the screen on the info bar (which I THINK the OP is asking, obviously not positive). A theme will do it however. I'm using one now that does. And whoever said it has nothing to do with branding is correct.

05-27-09 09:35 PM
    These themes don't have the carrier logo on homescreen:

Hulksters Bold Themes
    05-27-09 09:36 PM
    Can I access those themes from my phone?
    05-27-09 10:30 PM
    yes you can. i just downloaded the 10 icon L style 7x message today section from my phone earlier today.
    05-27-09 10:33 PM
    You can always debrand it. But it's not a safe thing to do, if you don't know what you're doing

05-27-09 10:56 PM
    Are you on the provider's theme? Try switching to one of the bberry themes like Dimensions.

And those provider's themes are NOTHING BUT branding. Why would each provider offer up their own theme? For our benefit? Pulease...
    05-27-09 10:56 PM
    Are you on the provider's theme? Try switching to one of the bberry themes like Dimensions.

And those provider's themes are NOTHING BUT branding. Why would each provider offer up their own theme? For our benefit? Pulease...
    True that.
    05-28-09 12:27 AM
    I made my own theme up and using the program it allows you to move things around and put them anywhere on the screen, So i just moved the vodafone text off the screen so i dont need to see it now
    05-28-09 03:54 AM
    Oh, you just meant the network name field. Yeah, that's totally theme-specific, although I personally like to have it there so I know whether I have a good WiFi connection to the networks I'm trying to connect to.
    05-28-09 04:04 AM
    whats the best way to do that without killing your memory?
    05-28-09 04:18 AM
    yeah what is the best way?
    05-28-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD