I chuckle every time I see a WinMo device user go thru all the steps needed to do anything. I had their information entered, stored, and introductory e-mails to verify connections before their devices could boot up and look for incoming e-mails, which they missed and had to wait 2 cycles for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:47 PM
    Sad to hear that you didn't like the bold. But this is the best phone I have ever owned. Good Luck with the Fuze anyway!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:52 PM
    i've had a few htc phones, and a friend of mine just got a fuze, i myself would not go back to windows mobile. yeah, there are some things that you can customize with roms and what not, but in the end, the berrys are just right out of the box for the most part. i really think you'll eventually end up with your bold back, and your dad with a fuze. if you can get it back from him! LOL
    02-26-09 03:57 PM
    WM 6.1 had some nice default settings where Pocket IE and outlook had unlimited cache space/storage space allocated, so you could run your device oom and make it unstable.

So then I did a registry hack to move the email data and browser cache to the SD card.

However, if for some reason you took out the sd card, WM would force create a partition named SD_Card or something similar to store the information on. Then when you put your SD card back in now you have two. Never did figure out a way to get rid of the second one short of wiping the phone...
    02-26-09 03:57 PM
    To the OP, if you are going from a Bold to an HTC you would be better off getting the Touch HD. It runs 3.5G download speeds (HSDPA) and has an amazing screen (480x800!!!). My brother just got one and it is freaking awesome!!!

With that said, I came from a WM phone that had a faster processor than the Bold, and 2x more app memory than the Bold, but WM was often slow. Also, I learned quickly that the amount of untrusted 3rd party downloads is astounding. If you've ever heard anyone say that Microsoft was the most targeted and hacked OS on the planet because it's the most used on the planet, well the same holds true for Windows Mobile. It's not going to be like going to CrackBerry and having the peice of mind that anything you buy and download will have been tested and is safe. For example, I bought and downloaded a shell (theme) from the Windows Mobile site from a well known developer, and it crashed my device. But before it crashed my device, it used my phone number to dl a bunch of crap and charge it to my phone bill (like $545 worth of crap).

Maybe that was an isolated incident, but if 8 out of ever 10 people in the world carry a Windows product, then that's obviously where the hackers are going to go hacking.

But I don't think you should feel like a traitor. But do yourself a favor. Play with your Bold a ton before you sell it to your pops, that way you'll have it fresh in your mind when you start playing with the HTC.

Oh, and.... I think full touch screen with slide out, 5 row keyboard is the future of mobile devices.

But.... If the main reason you are jumping ship is because of the browser, just remember that BB's browser can only get better, and believe me it will get a lot better.
    Last edited by LittleRedDot; 02-26-09 at 04:04 PM.
    02-26-09 04:02 PM
    You can do a lot with the themes in WM in general, to the point where it can make your device unstable every time you boot it...
    02-26-09 04:05 PM
    didnt i see this same thread about a million times before on CB?
    wheeew does anybody make decisions by themselves any more?
    get whatever phone you want EXPERIENCE it then make your own decision...
    its not very smart getting on a blackberry website asking Bold users if you should get theHTC or stick with the BOLD
    actually i take back my earlier advice maybe you do need somebody to hold your hand and make decisions for you
    02-26-09 04:10 PM
    I was super jazzed about the Fuze until I actually got my hands on it. Kind of a crappy build, but no worse than the Bold. The OS was laggy as ****, though. And I did not feel like messing with cooked ROMs to get everything tweaked. All I can say is get real cozy with these guys, or you're gonna hate this decision.
    02-26-09 04:11 PM
    I was super jazzed about the Fuze until I actually got my hands on it. Kind of a crappy build, but no worse than the Bold. The OS was laggy as ****, though. And I did not feel like messing with cooked ROMs to get everything tweaked. All I can say is get real cozy with these guys, or you're gonna hate this decision.
    I'd rather get real cozy with a blanket and my Bold. Less hassle. Besides, those guys look tough.
    02-26-09 04:17 PM
    Yeah that's the main difference. Tweaking is basically a requirement, rather than an option.
    02-26-09 04:19 PM
    I read some reviews of the Fuze and looks like it has a lot of potential. I'd still stick with the Bold IMO but that's just me. Good luck with whatever you choose.
    02-26-09 04:25 PM
    I had a Fuze and went back to the Bold, and here are a few reasons why

Took way to much tweaking to get it to work the way I wanted

While better than previous WM devices, web browsing is still ****. I find browsing with Bolt on my Bold much better and faster

Touch screen is really laggy and I found myself using the buttons and scroll wheel just to avoid using the touch. Had to pull out the stylus all the time

Touch keypad is very small, found I had to use the stylus or the pull out keyboard even for short messages
    02-26-09 04:26 PM
    Yeah the touchscreen is more or less useless, which is why I don't like sliders for WM.

That means you literally have to slide open the phone every time you want to do an input of some type (not to mention your dedicated app keys are on the slide out keyboard as well).
    02-26-09 04:27 PM
    I use a phone to phone and a computer to web browse

much less issues
    02-26-09 04:33 PM
    One reason to stay away is It's a windows Phone. Good luck with that.

Cheers.
    Last edited by 4mynikka; 02-26-09 at 08:35 PM.
    02-26-09 04:47 PM
    Good luck with the constant reboots, freezes and lockups.

I had Windows phones for ages, but got pissed off that I couldn't even answer a call without it taking 5 minutes ........... and yes, theres no point answering a call after 5 minutes.

When you get sick of it and want to throw it, smack it against a wall, when it shatters its a VERY satisfying feeling.
    02-26-09 04:52 PM
    When you get sick of it and want to throw it, smack it against a wall, when it shatters its a VERY satisfying feeling.
    Luckily I complained to Sprint so much about my Mogul they took it back even after the 30 days before it got to that point...
    02-26-09 04:54 PM
    I purchased first the Fuze..The Fuze built quality felt real weak and sensitive..The screen is alrite..First thing i did was throw a custom rom on it ( stock was horrible) ..Keypad was ok..I bought my mom the Sprint Touch Pro. MUch Much better feeling and usage Than the Fuze..Also Gps a joke on the Fuze suffers just like the tilt.You gotta get quick qps ( if not sit and wait for a signal) its a known problem for the phone.. ( my opinions and Experince with the phone)
    02-26-09 05:13 PM
    i really, really wanted the fuze.... (the keyboard rocks for one) tried everything i could to justify it over the bold. just too many little problems with it... i'm really looking forward to future versions of WM and phones like the fuze - they're just not their yet. the bb's are just much more stable and easier to use. not to mention it makes me insane that they don't use a standard 3.5mm plug
    02-26-09 05:30 PM
    not to mention it makes me insane that they don't use a standard 3.5mm plug
    If you get a non-HTC WM phone maybe. But I wouldn't even hope for it on HTC phones anytime soon...
    02-26-09 05:41 PM
    Windows Mobile-based devices are too buggy for my good.
    02-26-09 05:44 PM
    To the Op, check out this site and see how crappy a device they load a buggy OS on.

Fastest Processor - Cell Phones Top List
    02-26-09 05:56 PM
    Heck, just walk into AT&T and play with one for about half an hour.
    02-26-09 06:01 PM
    have fun traitor.
    Lmao thats how i feel as well!
    02-26-09 07:03 PM
    Enjoy your Fuze!
    02-26-09 07:09 PM
136 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD