The Fuze was hands down one of the worst phones I've ever owned out of the box. Get ready to flash a custom rom in order to get it working smoothly. But if you like that sort of thing, go for it.
    03-01-09 01:03 PM
    Its funny how some people don't read an entire thread before posting. They just want to add to their post count. The OP already said he returned his Fuze and is getting a Bold again yet there are still people tell him to try it out and to make his own decision on which of the two phones to keep.

On the other hand when I was in the process of getting my Bold I was a Fuze and was extrmely interested in it until I remembered my wife's WM Blackjack! Possibly the worst thing ever and after talking to an AT&T rep at the mall and him telling me of all the modding I would have todo just to get the phone to run at a somewhat competitive level I said "You've gotta be crazy if you want this phone."

I am a Blackberry user and abuser and entirely proud to say so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 09:59 PM
    I keep seeing all these commercials on tv for the fuze. They make it look really cool. But, yet they don't show a single screen of winmo. I love it.
    03-01-09 10:47 PM
    I saw a Bold on Celebrity Apprentice tonight.
    03-01-09 10:51 PM
    WM is a POS, my last 2 devices were WM (Dash and q9) while i do miss threaded msging and being able to use garmin on a storage card, browsing is hella faster on my bold, i have wifi gps and 3g all in once device and the form factor I want (i HATE touchscreen phones) and Slingplayer works great! (once i figured out how to change channels) so i wont be going back to WM anytime soon...
    03-01-09 11:49 PM
    I saw a Bold on Celebrity Apprentice tonight.
    I've seen one recently too. If I'm not mistaken there are a couple different ones out there.
    03-02-09 12:43 AM
    Yes Crackberry Nation. I am about to go to the ATT store and get the Fuze. My dad wants a bold and since we have 2 upgrades left I decided to sell him mine and go check out the fuze. I love my Bold and it has treated me well. I'm just too frustrated with the web browser. I saw someone using Skyfire on the HTC phone and it's amazing. Going to go check it out now.

Any reason to talk me out of doing this guys?

Also any way to get my contact list onto the fuze without having to transfer each number onto the sim one by one?

I have the .ipd file of my contact list, not sure if it can be transferred onto a windows mobile phone though :/
    please tell me you stuck with the bold!!!
    03-02-09 02:55 AM
    why would u leave ur bold i have a curve and am dying to get a damn bold, i know people that have multiple bolds and wont give any up because they love them so much...=/
    Who is giving up the Blackberry Bold nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! dang, SO far best phone in the world for me!
    03-11-09 06:27 PM
    Ok I haven;t followed the whole thread. so maybe the OP decided on sticking with the Bold, maybe not.

I guess the only thing that I don't like about the Bold is the web browser and how it eats up a lot of battery life that's why I constantly bring with me my charger. LOL even if i'm just going to go to a dinner or something and just try to avoid using it especially non-mobile version sites but no reason for me to change phones.
    03-11-09 06:39 PM
    Bold FTW, but we already knew that right ?

What I would do (and have done) is keep the bold, and pick up and old/used PocketPC. I have two Dell Axim's (1 x50v, 1 x51v) and they are great, use bluetooth to surf through the Bold, get the great communication capabilities of the bold, and the awesome apps, and windows administration (free) for the PocketPC
    03-11-09 07:06 PM
    Had the tilt. Well keep it around. I love the darn thing. So hackable, BUT...
    I had to try something else. The iphone, did not like it other the great for internet. I took it back. My Tilt had Opera mobile on it and I like that allot better the Opera mini. The Fuze did not impress me at all I Like the old Tilt better. The people at HTC are great, never any automated operators EVER. But I got the Bold and Im really liking it. No touch screen easy to navigate. Yes the browser could be much better. And tethering on the tilt was much faster. But I think the Bold it�s a keeper for a long time.
    03-20-09 11:37 AM
    I once had the pleasure of throwing out an HTC TyTN out of my veranda into the Atlantic ocean while I was on a cruise. The phone simply sucks. Stick with the Bold, you won't regret it.

Edit: I totally agree with danncas - HTC are so easily HACKABLE
    03-20-09 11:41 AM
    the Bold is the best phone out there right now... nothing else even comes close.
    03-20-09 11:43 AM
    the Bold is the best phone out there right now... nothing else even comes close.
    iPhone 4G?
    03-20-09 12:23 PM
    iPhone 4G?
    Bold II or Bolder
    03-20-09 12:53 PM
    I just dumped my fuze (well HTC Touch Pro) running bbconnect in favor of a bold and I'm super happy
    Not sure if I could or should talk you out of this but I had to use both to figure out which one was right for me

Both devices do exactly what I needed, and while I missed some apps and the easy customization on the HTC, I don't miss running around with two spare charged batteries to get me through the day
    Now with the bold after a really bad day with hours on the phone, tonnes of emais and messages, I still make it home with 40% battery and I love that

03-20-09 05:02 PM
    Best reason for not getting the fuze is Windows Mobile..

03-20-09 05:14 PM
    To Each Their Own! Most Folks That Switch From A Blackberry, Come Back! They Just Think They Need A Change!

Matt
    03-20-09 05:54 PM
    there is nothing wrong with HTC phones I have owned three before my Bold and they were great
    03-20-09 07:21 PM
    You're goint to miss the louder audio and especially the LOUD speakerphone on the Bold. Don't believe me? Read the Fuze reviews!
    03-21-09 12:55 PM
    Now that is hilarious.. keep on drinking that RIM kool-aid.
    03-21-09 02:21 PM
    Coming from windows mobile to blackberry... i wouldn't go back in a minute.

I had the Treo 750, wife had the tilt. we both have the Bold now.

Fuze is a nice device, but I really thing at&t's proxy and windows mobile don't play well together. We had mms issues with proxy on or off.
    03-21-09 03:21 PM
    Take it from me, I originally had the Fuze--for like 3 days. It was fun, up until it immediately started freezing, lagging, and dying (battery died in less than 10 hours of nearly no activity with it). I switched to the Bold after those 3 days and have not looked back or felt any sort of buyer's remorse since.
    06-02-09 06:46 PM
    honestly wm is not that bad. Ther is soo much more u can do with wm os than blackberry. htc does make good phones. i had the diamond which was great, and went to the storm, which was ok but i find it doesnt do as much as the diamond
    06-02-09 06:54 PM
    The **** with the Fuze...wait a few days and get the Pre!! Looks like it is going to be hard to beat!
    06-02-09 07:38 PM
136 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD