This is a sweet thread.

I was an HTC fanboi before the Bold. I was forced to get a BB, so I got a Bold and I couldn't be happier. It was so frustrating trying to get everything to work. The blackberry was awesome because it just worked right out of the box. Sure I still tweak it a little bit, but it's because I want to tweak it, not because it's unusable/frustrating.

Did they ever get videos to play any good on the Fuze? The tilt just blew.
    02-26-09 07:33 PM
    I believe most of the posters here are letting their biases get the best of them. I had a Tilt for almost a year and loved it. My only gripe was its bulk. Other than that, it was a good phone. I'm new to BB but I haven't found as much in the way of customization as I did with the Tilt. I know there are themes and such but there were a lot more rom customizations and just a lot more user created content.

I love my Bold but there are a few things I miss from wm. Sms was a lot better with the threaded msging. Using my thumb to scroll through internet pages was a lot faster than scrolling the tract ball. But I'm hoping the new touchscreen version of the Bold coming will bring that back for me.
    02-26-09 07:39 PM
    I believe most of the posters here are letting their biases get the best of them
    Define biases... I've owned more WM phones than I have BB's. Does that make me biased towards BB? That doesn't make much sense...

Browser page navigation isn't restricted to only the trackball. Also 3rd party browsers like OM do page down/page up based on left/right trackball, which is possibly too fast...
    02-26-09 07:49 PM
    same here, 4 years straight with about 10-12 WM devices and 2 weeks on BB total, far from bias.

And i agree with most of the sentiments here. WM is VERY powerful and customizable but you HAVE to tweak and hack it to make it simply work. BB just works out of the box, no need to spend hours a week tweaking and flashing ROMs to solve bugs.

I do miss some of the flexibility of WM, but dont miss the constant lockups, resets, and overall slow performance of WM. Also sad to say but for most general consumers not using BES, WM email is much better i the sense you get folder support, contact and calendar sync, etc all for the same cost as BIS. Im a little disappointed with BIS that it cant do a lot of basic stuff like gmail IMAP full support and folders or exchange folders. I posted this in another thread, but go ahead and keep exchange full support with folders only on BES thats fine. but you have to give people full support of their personal email like yahoo and gmail with folders. Were in a day and age where people have personal email accounts and multiple accounts at that besides work. If they want a better consumer market experience they have to give better personal email support than they currently do.

HTC also makes some shoddy hardware. They have a huge lack of quality control and the devices can range from ok to horrible. This new Bold simply is made much better than any WM device Ive owned, which is quite a lot.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 02-26-09 at 08:07 PM.
    02-26-09 07:59 PM
    same here, 4 years straight with about 10-12 WM devices and 2 weeks on BB total, far from bias.

And i agree with most of the sentiments here. WM is VERY powerful and customizable but you HAVE to tweak and hack it to make it simply work. BB just works out of the box, no need to spend hours a week tweaking and flashing ROMs to solve bugs.

I do miss some of the flexibility of WM, but dont miss the constant lockups, resets, and overall slow performance of WM.

HTC also makes some shoddy hardware. They have a huge lack of quality control and the devices can range from ok to horrible. This new Bold simply is made much better than any WM device Ive owned, which is quite a lot.
    There it is...which is why I didn't get the Fuze. I looked at it, for a long time. It was between the Fuze and the Bold. I actually liked it, but I have no experience with HTC phones, and only a little experience with WM phones (not ones owned by me). I don't have the knowledge/time to spend on a WM forum, tryna get my phone to do stuff that it should do, the minute it leaves the store.

It's not about being "biased". I'm sure there are quite a few folks, who miss WM for whatever. But the bottom line is you have to weigh everything, and do what's best for you.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 02-26-09 at 08:15 PM.
    02-26-09 08:05 PM
    Step 1 will be converting your main email account to an EAS account... That requires either having an EAS server and setting up your email with it, or finding a service that does something similar.
    02-26-09 08:06 PM
    not to mention it makes me insane that they don't use a standard 3.5mm plug
    I forgot to mention that, man it was so bulky to hook up a set of headphones
    02-26-09 08:07 PM
    I forgot to mention that, man it was so bulky to hook up a set of headphones
    Yep...that was another dealbreaker. My friend has the Fuze, and the first time I saw the headphone hookup, I thought he was hooked up to an explosive device.
    02-26-09 08:09 PM
    well have fun.
    i thought the fuze has a pretty sleek form factor too
    but my reasons for deciding to get a bold has been pretty much rehashed many times here

to each his own and i guess we'll see u back here soon
    02-26-09 08:41 PM
    why would u leave ur bold i have a curve and am dying to get a damn bold, i know people that have multiple bolds and wont give any up because they love them so much...=/
    02-26-09 09:19 PM
    OH NO!!! I am an owner of both the fuze and the bold. i gave up my curve for the fuze and it was downhill till i got my Bold. WM is too slow and it only gets worse as you add more apps. Themes are nearly impossible to change and it's way more complications to the settings then need be. It responds slowly and your calls dont come through as they come, it's post-poned.
    02-26-09 10:02 PM
    I have owned a number of WinMo devices and I truly hate them. The last one I had was the HTC TyTN II. The RF and call quality was horrific! HTC are not known for RF and call quality. I was going to get the Fuze but thankfully I had the TyTN II first and I'll never own another HTC or WinMo device again. Dealing with cooked ROM's was a PITA. Web browsing is better
    than the Bold, but that's about it. If web browsing is the first thing you are looking for in a device, why not get the 3G iPhone? Atleast the iPhone is more stable and honestly I think the iPhone trumps WinMo with Skyfire for web browsing. Just my opinion.

The BOLD still ROCKS!
    02-27-09 12:09 AM
    wow guys shoulda listened.

i bought the phone. loaded a custom rom and it and its just so crappy. i want my bold back

im loading back on the stock att rom and returning this piece of **** tomorrow.

im getting a new bold now

my dad said i cant have my bold back lol.

this phone is just too frustrating to use. too much to customize and tweak to get this thing to do what i want. and dam even with a custom rom this thing is laggy. im not impressed.

maybe im just too used to how fast loading and snappy the bold is
    Last edited by aliencds; 02-27-09 at 03:51 AM.
    02-27-09 02:55 AM

i bought the phone. loaded a custom rom and it and its just so crappy. i want my bold back

this phone is just too frustrating to use. too much to customize and tweak to get this thing to do what i want. and dam even with a custom rom this thing is laggy. im not impressed.

at least you got to try the HTC and weigh your options on your own. welcome back to the BlackBerry, it is like crack addiction, you just keep coming back for more.
    in any case, at least you'll be getting a BRAND NEW BOLD!
    Last edited by christopherwwoo; 02-27-09 at 04:00 AM.
    02-27-09 03:54 AM
    I'd rather get real cozy with a blanket and my Bold. Less hassle. Besides, those guys look tough.
    They are tough and show strong dedication to what they are doing, I moved from the Tilt and I was looking at the Android port project, now you can make phone calls etc. from the Android OS on the Tilt. Now that's amazing. That site shows so much dedication to what they do it's ridiculous. I love Windows Mobile because of the passion that the users show especially on that site. If I go back to Windows Mobile ( probably will i don't know ) that's the site I'd go to. You just have to have patience and know how to do things, read read read. Hope you make a good choice whatever it may be.
    02-27-09 04:11 AM
    OP

if browsing and trying a different device is important, y not give the iphone 3g a try?

It's not for me (since messaging, email and remote connectivity are so important)

But the interface is smooth as silk, browsing is the best experience on anything smaller than a netbook, awesome 3rd party software via app store.

.... oh and games are awesome!!!!

the main problem with the iphone 3g is that, if their is something APPLE doesn't want you to do, it's a pain in the arse!!!
    02-27-09 05:36 AM
    Don't do it...LOL

I left HTC and WM for the Blackberry and will NEVER go back.

One of my co-workers just sold his brand new Fuze for a Bold also. :-)
    02-27-09 09:24 AM
    iphones are the lame cuz of lack of a real keyboard, stick with the bold its the best phone ive ever had
    02-27-09 09:30 AM

lol that was fast.

I actually do really like the whole WinMo community too. Some of those guys are crazy talented and do almost everything for free. And it was kind of fun to mess with the cooked ROMs, but in the end it's just way too laggy/buggy and a pain in the ***.
    02-27-09 11:31 AM
    Hahah niiice I knew you wouldn't make it long with it after using the bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 11:53 AM
    lol that was fast.

I actually do really like the whole WinMo community too. Some of those guys are crazy talented and do almost everything for free. And it was kind of fun to mess with the cooked ROMs, but in the end it's just way too laggy/buggy and a pain in the ***.
    i had the iphone already and returned it because not having a physical keyboard drove me insane.

turns out the bold was the winner the whole time. Oh well lesson learned.

This thing is just too laggy. Even with the freaking custom rom. Too much work to get this thing to be quick. The bold is so nice out of the box. I'm happy either way. I pay 20 dollar restocking fee and I'm getting a brand new bold. I told my dad to keep my old one HAH

Thanks for sticking with me crackberry even when I almost became a traitor.
    02-27-09 12:35 PM
    I had a Fuze for about 2 days and sold it. I despise Windows Mobile and everything it stands for.
    02-27-09 12:56 PM
    I loved my 2g iPhone since I browse the web a lot, but now that I've been using the Bold for a few weeks I don't miss it at all.

So much better for typing and messaging, and while not as good as the iPhone browser I'm really liking the Bolt browser for surfing. It renders really well and is pretty fast compared to browsing on my old Pearl
    02-27-09 01:12 PM
    I like a lot of the concepts that HTC has but windows mobile is really holding them back. I'm interested in what they are going to do with android though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 01:12 PM
    I loved my 2g iPhone since I browse the web a lot, but now that I've been using the Bold for a few weeks I don't miss it at all.

So much better for typing and messaging, and while not as good as the iPhone browser I'm really liking the Bolt browser for surfing. It renders really well and is pretty fast compared to browsing on my old Pearl
    what is this bolt browser you speak of and where can i get it
    02-27-09 01:15 PM
136 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD