Yes Crackberry Nation. I am about to go to the ATT store and get the Fuze. My dad wants a bold and since we have 2 upgrades left I decided to sell him mine and go check out the fuze. I love my Bold and it has treated me well. I'm just too frustrated with the web browser. I saw someone using Skyfire on the HTC phone and it's amazing. Going to go check it out now.

Any reason to talk me out of doing this guys?

Also any way to get my contact list onto the fuze without having to transfer each number onto the sim one by one?

I have the .ipd file of my contact list, not sure if it can be transferred onto a windows mobile phone though :/
    02-26-09 02:45 PM
    Yikes, I hate HTC phones and WM has quite a few issues.

ALWAYS backup your phone regularly. You're gonna need it (unless you never install anything).
    02-26-09 02:48 PM
    have fun traitor.
    02-26-09 02:50 PM
    As long as you back up all your contacts with microsoft office it will transfer strait to ur htc. I have a htc apache and everything transfers beautifully from one to the other. Even my appointments. Good luck with the htc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 02:51 PM
    can you elaborate on backup with microsoft office?

i have the office 07. do you mean import the contact into outlook and then re-import them when i connect the fuze?
    02-26-09 02:54 PM
    I got the fuze before I got the bold and the battery life was horrible. I even installed a custom rom. Also the signal was terrible I would on get two bars of 3g in my iroom now I get 5 with the bold wooo.

02-26-09 02:56 PM
    well im obviously going to have 30 days to return the phone so if i find the signal is horrible i plan on returning the phone and just getting another bold :/

i just dont like surfing the web on my bold
    02-26-09 02:58 PM
    Web browsing will be better for sure, between Opera Mobile and Skyfire. Generally more games are available.

Everything else though...
    02-26-09 03:02 PM
    first your going to "sell" the bold to your father? that just sounds wrong but hey its all good.

second, your gonna go from RIM to HTC? That's like going from a owning a home to renting a basement apt.

since you have 2 upgrades left why don't you just go get another Bold? best buy got them for $249 upgrade I believe.
    02-26-09 03:02 PM
    first your going to "sell" the bold to your father? that just sounds wrong but hey its all good.

second, your gonna go from RIM to HTC? That's like going from a owning a home to renting a basement apt.

since you have 2 upgrades left why don't you just go get another Bold? best buy got them for $249 upgrade I believe.
    my dad said he will give me 250 for my bold with my otterbox and everything. how is that wrong?

why such the hate for HTC. From all the reviews and everything it doesn't seem so bad.
    02-26-09 03:04 PM
    Yikes, I hate HTC phones and WM has quite a few issues.

ALWAYS backup your phone regularly. You're gonna need it (unless you never install anything).
    +1 I agree!

02-26-09 03:05 PM
    I've owned several devices by HTC and participated quite a bit at ppcgeeks.

HTC phones feel very cheap and very often there are a lot of radio/OS related issues that requires cooked rom's or registry hacking to correct. If it wasn't for the Instinct (aka Sprint Crapstick), the Mogul would have been the worst and buggiest phone I've owned so far.

Btw, don't drop an HTC phone....
    02-26-09 03:05 PM
    my dad said he will give me 250 for my bold with my otterbox and everything. how is that wrong?

why such the hate for HTC. From all the reviews and everything it doesn't seem so bad.
    you do what you want with your dad, no disrespect

i just never had any good experiences with WM devices and I believe HTC devices still use there own headphone jacks and charging ports. fail.

i love the idea of a touchscreen with a slide out qwerty though. like you said, you will have 30 days but I bet you it goes back in 7.
    02-26-09 03:07 PM
    you do what you want with your dad, no disrespect

i just never had any good experiences with WM devices and I believe HTC devices still use there own headphone jacks and charging ports. fail.

i love the idea of a touchscreen with a slide out qwerty though. like you said, you will have 30 days but I bet you it goes back in 7.
    Oh yeah that's another thing I forgot... HTC LOVES their proprietary jacks.... It's extremely annoying and multiple inputs share the same jack by use of a splitter.

Their keyboards aren't horrible, but it's at least 10x worse than a Curve or Bold keyboard.
    02-26-09 03:08 PM
    I was going to get an HTC Fuse. But then took my "smart" pills and opted for the Bold. Don't really see how you can go from Bold to Fuse. But hey, that's me. Web browsing stinks on all phones.
    02-26-09 03:08 PM
    I've got both and I think its the best of both worlds. And you can watch Hulu using skyfire which is great! Enjoy
    02-26-09 03:09 PM
    Oh and you get to experience the joy of Windows Mobile memory management =)
    02-26-09 03:09 PM
    I've owned several devices by HTC and participated quite a bit at ppcgeeks.

HTC phones feel very cheap and very often there are a lot of radio/OS related issues that requires cooked rom's or registry hacking to correct. If it wasn't for the Instinct (aka Sprint Crapstick), the Mogul would have been the worst and buggiest phone I've owned so far.

Btw, don't drop an HTC phone....
    exactly. plastic junk housing. it's depressing they have the nerve to sell the device for so much.
    02-26-09 03:10 PM
    I came from windows mobile before I had a blackberry. Best decision I ever made. I had the HTC8525 it was fulll of constant reboots constantly flashing and building new OS's to get it to just barely work.
    02-26-09 03:29 PM
    used to have an htc phone. windows is slower then **** on those phones
    02-26-09 03:31 PM
    I went from Windows Mobile to Blackberry back to Windows Mobile now to Blackberry. I have to say they are both pretty great phones, yes like all phones they have their problems. Windows Mobile phones have some, but the things you can do on them are endless. Blackberries are pretty limited. Apps and Games etc, you will find so many, just like Skyfire it's an amazing browser. The problem is that it's just not a blackberry. It doesn't have the whole push email and everything. Windows Mobile can get slow at times. The stock ROM on it is horrible, I always had to get a 3rd party ROM but the one thing I can tell you is that Windows Mobile lovers LOVE their phones and dedicate alot to it. If you do decide to go to the Fuze check out XDA-Developers. An amazing site for anything and everything about Windows Mobile.
    02-26-09 03:33 PM
    I know 2 ppl who went from bold to fuze back to bold. But that's what ur 30 days r for. Try it out n if it doesn't work go n get a bold for u n ur dad n add him on bbm

02-26-09 03:33 PM
    Bold for Fuse? There is really no comparison. I mean come on, it's a cell phone not at 3gb RAM laptop computer. Surfing isn't great on any smartphone...I will give you a month and you will be back on berry..
    02-26-09 03:38 PM
    I have the Fuze and Bold and they both are amazing phones. I participate a lot in the xda forums and what those guy do is amazing. The fuze is a great phone my battery like isnt bad at all and I do have push email with my exchange server. I need to get rid of one of them since I bought them both because I couldn't decide on one or the other but still can't convince myself to let go of one or the other. I like some of the newer games coming out for the Bold and WM does have much more apps out there but you can't go wrong with either choice.
    02-26-09 03:40 PM
    I currently own a Bold with AT&T, but I played around with a Fuze for a week after the touchscreen on my Tilt died out of warranty after over a year.

The HTC phones are a lot more customizable than the Blackberry and xda-developers is a great resource. Some of the things I miss on the Fuze are threaded SMS, Skyfire, TomTom with maps stored on the microSD card as opposed to relying on your data connection, and the sheer amount of tweaking you can do through different roms and registry editing. Having a touchscreen in addition to physical keys was nice too.

What impressed me about the Bold though were the awesome screen, how well it handled email, and just how much quicker and smoother the Bold was when running and switching between apps. Also, the Bold I feel is a lot more reliable than the Windows Mobile phones, which still have a lot of bugs and kinks to work out. The Bold works pretty well out of the box while the Fuze requires some time to set up to improve on its slow performance. Battery life is also tons better on the Bold too.

I have no regrets going from the Fuze to the Bold. However, I wouldn't be opposed to going back to HTC at all if their next offering improves on the issues I had with the Fuze.
    02-26-09 03:43 PM
136 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD