*Even though my info says I currently have a Blackberry Bold, I don't... BUT I WILL! On Oct 29th, I will be able to upgrade our phones and after having done a ton of reading online I chose to go with Blackberry.

This is where I need the help of all the wonderful people here at the Crackberry Forums. I am with AT&T and have been for over 8 years. So on Oct 29th, how/what is the best way possible to get a good price on a Blackbery Bold 9000 (for me) and a Blackberry Curve 8900 (for my wife)?

I am quite aware that cell phones are like used cars and can be talked down in price. I have read where people talked sales reps down on prices, even getting addon services for free, and am wondering how to do it, what to say, etc. Some of you out there has to have good solid tips for being able to talk them down some on the price.

While the price isn't going to stop me from getting the upgrades, I want to be able to walk out of the store and feel good that after 8 years of loyal service, I finally was able to get a good deal and finally get the phone I want instead of settling like I did when we got Blackjack 2's. Please help me out!

A little background... We both currently have a data plan on each line with the FamilyTalk Nation 550 plan. No use for SMS plans as we use email gateways and, more recently, Google Voice to text other people. In fact, we have SMS completely disable as to not accrue any charges.
    09-22-09 09:38 AM
    You might get more help, if you post this in the AT&T Discussion forum as well...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f68/

Welcome to the blackberry world and CB forums
    09-22-09 10:01 AM
    I have a Bold and my gf has an 8900. We are both with T-mobile though. She loves her 8900! I got ours off craigslist and unlocked my Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 10:09 AM
    Be prepared to play hard ball. Work out what you are prepared to pay and do some online browsing to look at equivalent deals from other suppliers. If they don't come anywhere near your ideal price then tell them you want to speak to someone about cancelling your contract (in the UK most suppliers have a terminations team who can offer much better deals in a bid to retain your business).
    09-22-09 10:15 AM
    You can check out Wirefly.com or Letstalk.com as they usually have the phones for free or very cheap. I got my Bold from wirefly for $90 and then a couple of days later it was on there for free, but I can't complain about a $90 bold. They sometimes have waived the $36 activation fee also. Worth a look.
    09-22-09 12:08 PM
    From a fast hand experince seeing AT&T most likely will not go down on price with the bold and 8900 the most they will do is give you an instant rebate if you haggle enough and that all depends on the rep/ manager that are in the store. As fara s getting free ad on's I have nevr heard of that. Your best bet is to go on ATT.com and research the bold price there and see if it is any cheaper. If it is print it out and bring it with you. some time stores will do what's call E-store price match. But I wouldnt hold your breath on that. I would be fuly prepared to pay full retail price on both phones. good luck though and welcome to blackberry
    09-22-09 12:18 PM
    Online price for the BB Bold is 299.99 on AT&T as i can see on their online webpage right now. My co-worker just got his from walmart for the listed price of 149.99
    wirefly.com is also a good site. never used it, but a lot of my friends have and they got amazing deals.

you might also be interested in checkin out refurbished prices..? most people want factory brand new though... up to you.

also, the Bold 2 comes out soon and a lot of people have been waiting on gettin the current bold. Either because they want the new Bold or because they are expecting prices to drop on the current Bold when the new one comes out.

Hope this helps
    09-22-09 01:30 PM
    The cheapest price to had is actually right here on this very site. Check out the phones section here. There's also a coupon code of LetsTalk that will knock off an additional $25, google it and it'll come up.
    09-22-09 03:08 PM
    I am perfectly fine with going the Walmart route, but it was my understanding that Walmarts prices are also dependent on the fact that you need to be a new AT&T customer. Is this true? Because if all that is required is renewing our already existing contract, then it's off to Walmart I go.
    09-22-09 07:57 PM
    Walmart essentially uses wirefly for there phones. So the prices will be the same. You can upgrade through them. You can check it out on walmart.com
    09-22-09 08:00 PM
    Thanks for the help! Wamart sounds like the way to go as long as I can just renew my current plan and not have to go with a more expensive plan to get it at that price. I just had an ATT rep tell me that with Wamart, you get those low prices due to signing up for a NEW 2yr contract, not by upgrading an existing plan. From all that I have been reading on the forum, the price from Walmart should be the same regardless of just upgrading or being a new ATT customer. So that's good news! Thanks all!
    09-23-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD