Currently have an 8900 and I am upgrading to the 9700 for the 3G mainly.

Does the charging pod I have for my 8900 fit the 9700 or do I need to buy a new one?

Do I have to tell each individual contact my new PIN? Or can I just change my device PIN on my blackberry orange account and it automatically send my contacts the new PIN?

Anything else I should look out for?
    05-22-10 03:38 AM
    Yes, you will need a new charging pod because the contacts for the 9700 are on the side of the device and not on the back like the 8900.

As for your PIN, if you are asking with regard to BBM, then no. I too switched from an 8900 to a 9700 and restored all my backup data to the new device. I didn't have to send my BBM contacts my new PIN.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 06:37 AM
    Currently have an 8900 and I am upgrading to the 9700 for the 3G mainly.

Does the charging pod I have for my 8900 fit the 9700 or do I need to buy a new one?

Do I have to tell each individual contact my new PIN? Or can I just change my device PIN on my blackberry orange account and it automatically send my contacts the new PIN?

Anything else I should look out for?
    I agree with sipde.... I would turn the radio off on both phones until you have finished with the backup/restore. Because if you get any messages while your switching over, then they will be lost. Then once you have switched everything over to the 9700 turn it back on and your messages will come through.
    Also, the bbm email backup works great!!! When you switch no more broadcast messages about new pins.
    Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 07:01 AM
    How did you do the backup/restore? Through Blackberry desktop manager?

I am looking to tether my blackberry with my laptop so I can get internet on the go. Do I need an application for this or can I do it without? I am on Orange UK, will I get charged for doing this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Cheetah05; 05-22-10 at 11:15 AM.
    05-22-10 11:12 AM
    To back up BBM contacts, open BBM then press the menu button and go to options, scroll down and you should see the option to back-up contacts. You can either back them up to your media card or to one of your email addresses, which you can choose.
    05-22-10 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD