I get payed today! 8 weeks of working, 4 months of torturing... I worked almost my hole summervacation (I'm 13) and I can almost touch the 9900, I can almost feel it! BUT, unfortunately it isn't launched yet in the NL The good thing is, when I buy it (finally) I will be proud. Because I worked for it. Some other kids just get it from their parents but I don't care, bacause I did the good thing, I worked for it. I sacrificed almost my hole vaction.

EDIT: wow, thanks for all the supporting replies! It's kinda strange actually that the world changes that much, some people are just losing the realization of what things are actually worth. The ironic and stupid thing is that I am working illegal. Not that I'm selling drugs or something. But the law says that kids under 15 are not allow to work. (or for a really, really low salary) it's pretty sad... Thats why I get payed in cash. btw, I will edit this forum to share my experience
    Last edited by yerfgofe; 08-17-11 at 08:17 AM. Reason: thank you all!
    USSZulu and shippie like this.
    08-17-11 05:56 AM
    That is very impressive. I respect kids who actually earn their way in life rather than just get pampered by their parents.

All the best to you. You will enjoy it more than any of us I am sure because you have worked hard for it and you're small
    yerfgofe likes this.
    08-17-11 06:05 AM
    I hope you enjoy your 9900 when you get it! You deserve it!
    08-17-11 06:13 AM
    Congrats! Its good not to mention impressive to see an early teenager that is willing to work for something they want instead of pestering their parents for something.

Enjoy it. You earned it =)
    08-17-11 06:17 AM
    That is very impressive. I respect kids who actually earn their way in life rather than just get pampered by their parents.
    Agreed......
    08-17-11 06:27 AM
    Kudos to a job well done young man!

Be sure to share with us your experience and how you like the phone.
    08-17-11 06:30 AM
    I get payed today! 8 weeks of working, 4 months of torturing... I worked almost my hole summervacation (I'm 13) and I can almost touch the 9900, I can almost feel it! BUT, unfortunately it isn't launched yet in the NL The good thing is, when I buy it (finally) I will be proud. Because I worked for it. Some other kids just get it from their parents but I don't care, bacause I did the good thing, I worked for it. I sacrificed almost my hole vaction.
    Young Blackberry user going to make it far in this world with a great work ethic!
    08-17-11 06:35 AM
    Congrats!!

It's rare to see someone at your age working for their things. You should be proud of that.
    08-17-11 06:39 AM

It's truly amazing that there are kids still like you in the world. Who bust their ****'s to get what they want. Be proud!
    08-17-11 07:26 AM
    13 years old and wants a bb ? wow i remember when i was 13 kids were playing with yo-yos. times have really changed
    08-17-11 07:31 AM
    he will have a great time with his new "toy". Will be an awesome feeling to open that box and power the phone up...
    08-17-11 07:33 AM
    This young man (and his parents) are rare to find these days...

His parents still understand the importancy of how to educate and what great feeling it gives you to actually earn something rather than just spoiling their kids.
    It gives much more satisfaction to have something that you worked so hard for, rather than getting it from mums.
    And it's an important lesson, because to be able to buy something when you're older it doesn't come falling from the sky either, you have to work for it.

- Great to see that these people still exist in this world (where things tend to go from worse, to worser, to worserer and worserest every day... lol, I just invented a new word - "to worse or not to worse" ).
    It ruins society, kids forget about values in life these days, because they are used to getting everything... and most parents are stupid enough to spoil their kids all the time just because they see other kids having the same kind of luxury and they don't want their kids to think they can't afford the same luxury.
    * So what if other parents laugh at you for not being as rich as them?
    At least you have more reason to be proud of yourself!
    Last edited by Dx3me; 08-17-11 at 08:03 AM.
    08-17-11 07:58 AM
    13 years old and wants a bb ? wow i remember when i was 13 kids were playing with yo-yos. times have really changed
    Yes... yes, the times have changed. Is it a good thing? Is it a bad thing? I don't know. But hey, what is it that your parents were playing with when they were young? Some things don't change, some things do and progress is one of them...
    08-17-11 08:22 AM
    he will have a great time with his new "toy". Will be an awesome feeling to open that box and power the phone up...
    Can't wait!
    08-17-11 08:23 AM
    According to nu.nl some vodafone shop will have them in stock at their shops by Friday..
    If I were you I would call some vodafone shops in your area.
    08-17-11 08:29 AM
    According to nu.nl some vodafone shop will have them in stock at their shops by Friday..
    If I were you I would call some vodafone shops in your area.
    awesome!!! thank you so much!!!
    08-17-11 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD