I am currently a smartphone user non-blackberry and its starting to slow down and get a little whacky. I found on amazonwireless I can keep my # with AT&T and get a BB Bold for $125. AT&T wants to give me one for like $175.

Do I get the bold or wait for the Storm 2?
    08-13-09 03:12 PM
    Also on the Bold can you have multiple #s for one entry? I have this currently and I just type in the user's name and bang ... I can call to their house, cell, work, txt or e-mail....can this be done with the Bold as well?
    08-13-09 03:15 PM
    Stay with the bold. I had a storm and I enjoyed it because it was my first smart phone ever. Switching to the bold was the best decision I've made. You can do everything on the storm plus much more.
    08-13-09 03:20 PM
    I would tyake the Bold over the Storm 2 but the Onyx will be out within 2-3 months. Hopefully sooner though.
    08-13-09 03:36 PM
    Yes you can have multiple numbers on one entry. Get the bold from att - you can get it for less than 175, just say vzw offered you a tour for free to switch (yes, this really works).

Its better to buy from ATT than amazon.
    08-13-09 03:46 PM
    I just upgraded to a Bold for $0.99 (Ninety-Nine Cents!)Including a free 4gb microsd card on

Wal-Mart Connection Center

They also have a number of smartphones for FREE with a new contract.

I had no problems with my order & finished the transaction on the phone for peace of mind.

The reps were nice & easy going and made the process go smoothly.

I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.
    Hope this helps,
    _dave_

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by _dave_; 08-13-09 at 07:50 PM. Reason: fix url
    08-13-09 05:01 PM
    Called Walmart and can't do it until 2 months before my contract expires! Anyone know any work-arounds?
    08-14-09 08:16 AM
    Does Amazon do the same thing...won't sell unless two months before the contract expires? I am livid! I want to cancel AT&T...any ideas how to get the Bold now besides paying for it?
    08-14-09 09:31 AM
    I would not trust walmart/letstalk.com. If u have any problems they will ignore u and tell u to take them to court. Also good luck with getting rebates from them

google "letstalk.com rebate scam"

Last edited by realized; 08-14-09 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added google line
    08-14-09 10:12 AM
    Does Amazon do the same thing...won't sell unless two months before the contract expires? I am livid! I want to cancel AT&T...any ideas how to get the Bold now besides paying for it?
    In order to get those great deals on phones you have to be eligible for an upgrade, and that's AT&T's decision, not the third-party seller's. The places like Walmart and Amazon check your AT&T account for upgrade eligibility, if you're not eligible for an upgrade then you have to pay the premium price for the phone, or wait until you ARE eligible (you can always check your AT&T account online to find out when you're eligible for an upgrade). I don't even know if there's a set timeframe from when you last renewed your contract to when you're eligible again. I renewed my contract/upgraded my phone in November 2008, now I'm not eligible to upgrade until July 2010.
    08-14-09 10:38 AM
    I am eligible for an upgrade from AT&T but my contract runs out on 12/31/09...I don't want to pay AT&T prices...they are ridiculous. My Blackjack 2 is starting to take a dive so I need a new phone. Thats why I was wondering if there is a work around or should I just call AT&T and complain...squeaky wheel does get the oil but I have a hard time believing that they will let me go to another company to purchase the phone.
    08-14-09 11:03 AM
    No go looks like I am stuck for a couple months. UGH!
    08-14-09 11:44 AM
    It looks like amazon will let me do it...or do I just wait?
    08-14-09 12:04 PM
    I would go with the Bold. But if you can wait, the Onyx is supposed the be better. The camera and OS speed and memory for Apps. The size is supposed to be a little smaller. I think it will come down to if you can wait. I ussually can't. So I normally end up just adding a line for 9.99 and just pop my sim in the new phone. Anyway good luck.

08-14-09 02:29 PM
    No go looks like I am stuck for a couple months. UGH!
    Have you tried doing the transaction online?
    08-14-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD