Can anyone tell me how to get the battery out without killing my finger and my phone! I cannot figure this out!!

Thanks
    06-18-10 07:13 PM
    What I do is take the door off, then hit like the top of the backside of the device into my palm (softly) and the battery pops right out.
    06-18-10 07:15 PM
    Same problem here and once I got it out I cut a piece of ribbon long enough to wrap around the battery, then taped it to the back of the battery. Now when I need to remove the battery, just pull the ribbon at the top with my thumb on the bottom of the ribbon to keep it from slipping out.
    06-19-10 12:26 AM
    Same problem here and once I got it out I cut a piece of ribbon long enough to wrap around the battery, then taped it to the back of the battery. Now when I need to remove the battery, just pull the ribbon at the top with my thumb on the bottom of the ribbon to keep it from slipping out.
    I wonder why RIM didn't think of something like this?
    06-19-10 12:48 AM
    On the right and left hand side of the battery there are notches. You need to use your finger nail to get under one of the the notches and leverage it out. I can usually pop it out from one side or the other.
    If you don't have nails...then try Woody's suggestion.
    06-19-10 07:44 AM
    Since I don't have nails I've been using Woody's suggestion and it works great. I didn't have any ribbon, so I taped a twisty-tie to the back of the battery with scotch tape, and let it hang over the top towards the front of the battery. I used the flat twist-tie. I'm sure everyone has one. They usually come with most trash bags you purchase.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 07:48 AM
    wow thanks to everyone, wonder why they made it so darn hard to get out this time lol I'll try the ribbon because I've already tried with my nails to get the battery out using the notches with no luck. Finally after working each angle I got it out a couple times but I thought I was doing something wrong!
    06-19-10 09:52 AM
    Yeah, I was wondering about this, too. Ultimately, what I've done is use the small thin pocket knife from my swiss army and gently insert and lift. Works like a charm.
    06-22-10 01:50 PM
    wow thanks to everyone, wonder why they made it so darn hard to get out this time lol I'll try the ribbon because I've already tried with my nails to get the battery out using the notches with no luck. Finally after working each angle I got it out a couple times but I thought I was doing something wrong!
    The more secure it is, the less it has to rely on the battery door to hold the battery in.

When you rely on the battery door a lot to hold the battery in you get a lot more issues like the battery coming loose of the contacts and random resets (Pre had this problem, as well as a bunch of other phones).

In other words, a tight battery fit = less chance of it wiggling around.
    Last edited by papped; 06-22-10 at 01:58 PM.
    06-22-10 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD