After fighting with it for months here is how I got my (Sprint) Bold 9930 to work on the T-Mobile network with all my data capabilities.

So first off you have to have the $10 a month BIS feature on your account

second you need to transfer the tmobile service books from your previous bb device. OR you can manually load the service books except idk how to do this and it seems difficult. I simply used BB desktop tools to "Switch to another device" and plugged in my old BB Torch 9810 and then my 9930 and it moved everything from my torch to my new 9930.
    This is what i recommend you do. If you dont have a previous BB device and you cant get a friends then you need to find a thread that instructs how to manually install the service books.

Ok next step is to make sure you have the APN setting set to epc.tmobile.com
    got to settings-->Device settings-->Advanced settings--> APN, then type it in and make sure authentication is unchecked.

The next steps must be followed precisely and in order.

1. You need to have BIS on your line first

2. Press ALT + CAP + H on your home screen, then enter the code that you find here: Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best (you won't see the code on the screen as you type, but just type it), this will give you access to the engineering screen.

3. Go here: Radio Engineering Screens (Multi) - 3GPP Radio Engineering Screens - GCF

Change these settings: Enabled GCF NV Flag and Sim Electrical Test On (your device will reset)

4. Then go here: Radio Engineering Screens (Multi) /3GPP Radio Engineering Screens /Utilities

a) Ping self: if it says sth like "ICMP ping received in 19ms" -> go to step 2;

if it says "can't open APN" -> go to your normal Advanced Option screen/TCP IP and check the box "APN Settings Enabled"

if it says "Blackberry tunnel cannot open" -> turn off and on your GSM network.

b) Change these settings: HRT Enabled and TMOB ECN Enabled

c) Click on PS Detach (nothing will happen), check Ping Self again it will say ICMP Failed.
    if it says "Blackberry tunnel cannot open" then turn on and off wireless signal and repeat until it says "ICMP Failed"
    d) Click on PS Attach. You have to be patient here. Wait for the registration message from RIM and EDGE (not edge)

The 2 last steps are very important, if nothing happens after a few minutes, PS Detach and then PS Attach right away (you can skip the Ping Self step now), and then wait 3-5 mins. Do it again if nothing yet. I did mine 4-5 times before I received the message from RIM.

After you see EDGE and a message from RIM, go to Host Routing Table and Register Now.

Hope this works for you. I spent sooooo long trying to get this info so enjoy it.
    04-10-12 07:40 PM
    Greetings Ohfuqyes! I wonder if you could help me with this process, because I get lost in the step 4, c), when I get the Blackberry tunnel cannot open message, and then I turn off and on the gsm signal, then what do I do??? clic again ps dettach and ping self? or just ping self until I get ICMP failed (I only get "unable to ping self" error sometimes and I dont know if its the same as "icmp failed"). Please help me I will really appreciate it
    08-08-12 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD