Ok, so I have been using BlackBerries for years and have the Tour (9630). I was looking at getting the new Bold 9650 but saw that HTC with the 1ghz processor and the 8megapixel camera and now am in a tossup.

I don't know if I should get the new Bold 9650 or look at a Droid phone.

I know the question has probably been asked and I know it's more of a "whatever floats your boat" and "get what you like" and "get what suits your needs", I don't know if I should wait to see if there are issues with the 9650 or not. Or if there are memory issues, since that's what I'm really getting a little iffy about because of the low amount of memory in the device and not being able to run them off like a 16gb SDcard.

Please help me...
    06-04-10 04:10 PM
    You gotta remember that Blackberry apps are pretty small. The 9650 has tons of memory to spare, at least until blackBerry 6 drops.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 10:04 PM
    ive had the 9650 for a day now and so far ive had no problems whatsoever with this phone. its a good solid phone. my friend just got the incredible and i must say i was really impressed with that phone. the processor is ridiculous. i can not get over how fast it is and what it can do however im not a big fan of touch screen phones and i would never leave my blackberry for it, u pretty much answered your own question when u asked it. its basically whatever floats your boat and what type of phone u need if its for personal or business use.
    06-04-10 10:08 PM
    Well, see what I was trying to figure out is it comes with 512mb and another 512mb but after the OS is installed, you have about 300mb free what I am seeing around the 9650 forum.

I saw that the HTC Incredible has 8GB of internal memory. Although after being formatted, I can't find out how much is still left over for free applications, etc.
    06-04-10 10:08 PM
    I have the EVO, and I love it...everything seems to be great on it other than battery life (but, I will give it at least 2 weeks to see the real battery test)...it's a great phone, good size, good display, FAST, and it feels very solid...HOWEVER, it's still not a Blackberry...I miss the Blackberry as a device overall...My BB had always been dependable and a solid feel and function device...I miss BBM, and that MAY be a deal breaker for me....I told myself I will give it a few weeks to make sure I do not like it before I return it (I returned the Palm Pre after 5 days)...the phone attracts a lot of positive attention, but it's still not a Blackberry...
    06-08-10 03:51 PM
    Well, see what I was trying to figure out is it comes with 512mb and another 512mb but after the OS is installed, you have about 300mb free what I am seeing around the 9650 forum.

I saw that the HTC Incredible has 8GB of internal memory. Although after being formatted, I can't find out how much is still left over for free applications, etc.
    Other platforms basically need GB of app storage. Their apps are generally not around 100k-700k per app...
    06-08-10 04:01 PM
    I have the EVO, and I love it...everything seems to be great on it other than battery life (but, I will give it at least 2 weeks to see the real battery test)...it's a great phone, good size, good display, FAST, and it feels very solid...HOWEVER, it's still not a Blackberry...I miss the Blackberry as a device overall...My BB had always been dependable and a solid feel and function device...I miss BBM, and that MAY be a deal breaker for me....I told myself I will give it a few weeks to make sure I do not like it before I return it (I returned the Palm Pre after 5 days)...the phone attracts a lot of positive attention, but it's still not a Blackberry...
    How's the voice quality on the EVO, I've read bad review about it?
    06-08-10 04:04 PM
    How's the voice quality on the EVO, I've read bad review about it?
    voice quality wasn't that OK...I won't say it was the greatest, but I wouldn't say it was the crappiest either...I returned my Blackberry and reactivated my Tour yesterday...and today I bought a Bold 9650...just activated it....we will see how it turns out...
    06-16-10 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD